“Another stop on our road trip”

Tombstone Gunfighter and Ghost Tour
Ranked #5 of 10 Tours in Tombstone
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed this tour, we werent dumb enough to expect a london dungeon or Disney land type experience with actors jumping out pretending to be ghosts, this is a tour where someone who knows the history of Tombstone takes a group around and tells the group the history and the related ghost stories and it takes as long as it takes. So if you want to know more about Tombstone and the ghost stories that go with it, then this is just what you want. If you dont want to hear about the violence, I wonder what you are visiting Tombstone fore, its the violent hiostory that makes this such a fascinating place. If you havent visited WHY NOT? Lisa our guide was whitty and knowledgable. We would do this again.

6  Thank Middenface

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a very good time, Our first night in Tombstone we purchased our tickets and did the Walk the next night. The tour lady was awesome I told her my 80 year old mother would like to do the tour as well would her being in a wheel chair matter, she said no she would not rush. My mom asked her about a diet Pepsi and she went and got her one. After the tour she spent time talking to us. We were there right before the Wyatt Earp days and they were setting up for it so there were a few more distractions but she made sure everyone could hear. I would do this tour again and would hope I would get the same lady.

4  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were down in Tombstone a few days ago and were thirsty for knowledge. We did some tours and shows and got some information, but this was a gold mine! Learning where all the events happened and what was under the town was amazing. Love triangles, opium dens, fast food Chinese restaurants, and so much more you will not get in the movies. I also had a few experiences while on the tour. We were standing in the spot where Virgil Earp was shot after the "OK Corral' shootout (another interesting misconception) and before the guide told the story, I felt somebody coming up behind me. Thinking it was a member of the tour catching up with us, I turned around only to see a cowboy hat disappearing as it went by! Right after that, we were told how Virgil walked down that sidewalk before he was shot.... Also, we returned to a spot where I was used as a prop to show how tall the lawmen were compared to a Cowboy the next night and I got a photo of mist when I felt something get right up into my face! I have to give major props to the tour guide as well. She gave us the full tour even though the wind was howling and had a great attitude. On top of that, we stayed in Big Nosed Kate's saloon to rest up, and she answered our questions long after the tour. Along with the bartender (as we downed our Sarsaparilla which we became addicted to) we learned even more about the characters of Tombstone's history. It was the best tour I have ever been on, and I hope we made a new friend with the guide. Don't miss this if you are a haunted places addict or just love history!

5  Thank JacobBarton
Reviewed April 4, 2013

we went to TOMBSTONE for 2 days in oct.2012, we had sooooo much fun there, spend time at BIG NOSE KATES, the food very good, the beers, are huge there, you can sit and cool off AFTER TOURING AROUND THIS BUSY TOWN, see the gunfight at the OK CORRAL,alot of the actors in this show hang around town a lot during the day, so you can get your picture taken with them, theres a lot of interesting historical places to see as well, the BIRD CAGE, was well worth the visit, we stayed at a great hotel within walking distance to town, THE LARIAN, easy on the wallet and the folks who run it, very nice, and so helpful with info about attractions to be seen and history about the hotel,,,scary, try them out!!! We are going back for a few days in APRIL, cant wait!!!!!!

2  Thank cynthia w
Reviewed February 9, 2013

An easy day trip from Tucson, Tombstone is a must see for those interested in the Old West lore and legends. Walking the boardwalks, listening to the clomping of boots echoing, while running into living history characters in authentic replica clothing makes the history come alive again. There are many attractions to spend your money on, but by far the Bird Cage Theater was the best for the price of admission. It's the only original building of the town left standing, and it's crammed full of history and perhaps a ghost or two. Also the recreation of the gunfight at the OK Corral was entertaining. A trip to Boot Hill is a must see for those interested in seeing a desert cemetery.

6  Thank PattiHunt