“Sit, look, enjoy a beer, a BIG A$$ Beer!”

Big Nose Kates Saloon
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Tombstone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Fun place to sit and take it all in. Lots of stuff going on in Kates Saloon. Go downstairs to the gift shop on an old metal spiral staircase. I wonder what those walls have seen. Photo op in the coffin and in jail! Amazing decoration and history. Get up and wonder around. Worth the stop!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I suspect is true of most customers of this establishment, we wandered in off the street after a long day of sightseeing, hungry and not too picky.

It was a good thing!

Our server was actually quite lovely. Although the restaurant was busy, she came to our table right away and offered drinks and was attentive throughout the meal. The restaurant itself is cool and dark (Godsends after a day in Tombstone!). The flies everywhere are kind of gross, but goes with the territory when you have saloon doors.

The decor was sort of "Old West Meets Hard Rock Cafe". I think it would be more fun if they made it look more like a REAL old-time saloon instead of putting lots of "stuff" on the walls, but there was plenty to hold your interest. The live entertainment on our particular day was not my cup of tea (the guy sang his heart out though).

My biggest problem with Big Nosed Kates is that the food isn't even average. It was VILE. I had a bacon cheeseburger- how do you mess that up? Apparently by using the gross "beef" that comes in huge rolls at Sam's club and tastes like dog food. The bun was stale and they used weird, generic condiments that were gross. The onion rings were like school cafeteria onion rings- obviously frozen, stale and mushy.

With as much business as this place gets and the willingness of tourists to pay a premium, they should be able to improve their food. However, as long as people keep slipping in off the street, I guess they can stick with terrible food and just enjoy the profit margin.

2  Thank kirixchi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good food, service was terrrible. The waitresses were arguing among themselves which made for very poor service. One of the waitress just threw stuff on our table, very little communication from her,it appeared that she was not happy working there.

The band was fantastic though, they knew the songs that I asked for.

3  Thank DGLions
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Although we did not eat or drink here, there is a great atmosphere when we went inside to take photographs. Very colourful and one can imagine the "goings on" in the day !!! Certainly a place to visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very lively, people really have a nice time eating and drinking. Large picture of Kate on the wall, to be a saloon I thought children shouldn't be in there but it wasn't like (I guess) it was back in its time.

Been to Big Nose Kates Saloon? Share your experiences!