“Our trip to Tombstone”

Virgil's Corner Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Tombstone B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2013

To be honest, we had no idea what to expect either in Tombstone or in Virgil's B & B.
Tombstone itself was great fun. Friendly people. Incredible scenery. A real sense of the Wild West.

And Virgil's? A lovely experience. Joyce and her daughter Charlotte were a delight to meet. Interesting, knowledgeable and helpful, they were great hosts ...or hostesses? And the facilities were top class, as was the breakfast.

I couldn't recommend Tombstone and Virgil's Corner B & B too highly. If you're ever within striking distance, you must go there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

As a flight attendant my least favorite part of vacations are usually hotels...however...Virgil's Corner B&B far exceeded my expectations! Very clean, great location...warm...cozy...just a great experience! Would love to bring my husband back!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank YumaShannon
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our first time staying at Virgil's Corner and we will be back. Very comfortable bed, nice linens and towels, wonderful breakfast prepared for us in the am. There is also a gas fire pit outside as well. Only thing to remember is that when calling to have someone come let you into the B&B, if the line keeps ringing busy, your phone has no service. Might do you good to find another to use.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at Virgil's 'B&B for almost 3 weeks in February, 2013. What a wonderful experience! Joyce, who oversees the B&B, is a knowledgeable historian of the area - and an excellent cook. She made us feel at home and welcome in a very comfortable and clean cozy place. It is modern, rooms are individually heated and cooled, the 'common area' is inviting, and it is an easy walk to downtown. There is also a gas fire pit which we did not use, but did watch a family with children have a wonderful time toasting marshmallows. Virgil's has to have the best beds in Tombstone! We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first stay in a B&B and I am so glad that I selected Virgil's. The decoration is inviting & has a clean look to it, it has nice modern electronics, individual room heating/cooling units, offers a nice breakfast (for us it was blueberry pancakes, tea/coffee, & orange juice), and the caretaker & her daughter were extremely friendly.
It has a nice clean inn vibe and you don't feel like your every move is being watched. Since it is my first experience in a B&B I am not sure the norm, but as a private person I was concerned that a B&B might be "too personal" an experience. However, at Virgil's they know how to be welcoming and friendly without being too in your face about things.
Location is great- right outside of the main strip and it is just a quick and easy walk to everything (we walked back from dinner at 10pm-ish and still felt safe).
I will warn that when I tried to take a shower at night, had a bit of trouble getting the temp to not be too burning or freezing (very sensitive dial). However, only stayed 1 night so can't say if this is an all the time problem or just an unlucky event. And that said, this should in no way deter you from staying here (just check the temp prior to hoping in, thats all)!
I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Stayed specifically in the James and Bessie's Room- This is a very large room with 2 beds. Photo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was our first trip to Arizona and Tombstone was on the list. The bed & breakfast is walking distance from the center of town - so you can have a few beers at Big Nose Kate's Saloon and not worry about driving home. At Virgil's Corner you feel like you are staying with relatives. Our hosts were wonderful and breakfast was fantastic. We checked out and I left my jacket there. We were still in town and my cell rang. They drove out to town to give me my jacket. Not every inn keeper would take the time to do that.
I highly recommend them if you ever need a place to stay in Tombstone

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aleblanc258
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very nice bed and breakfast in downtown Tombstone. Clean, modern accommodations, great breakfast and a great recommendation for dinner. Joyce and her team make you feel at home without invading your space. A definite top of the list for a Tombstone holiday.

Room Tip: Virgil and Allie's room has a big walkin shower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#4 of 13 in Tombstone
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Virgil's Corner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!