“Great acting AND historic content”
Review of The Wyatt Earp Theatre - CLOSED

The Wyatt Earp Theatre
Tombstone, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great acting AND historic content”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I appreciate that I wasn't just entertained, I was also given knowledge and it was done tastefully and when I went and looked up some of what I heard, I found to to be true. Thanks Wyatt Earp Theatre staff!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank judymom5plus3

Washington DC, District of Columbia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“History Set Right”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had always wanted to see Tombstone, so when Hubby had a conference in Scottsdale, along I went to see that part of the world. Hubby joined me on one of his "off" days and away in the rental car we went. Tombstone is about a 3.5 to 4 hour drive from the Scottsdale area, but with the super Arizona road system and 75 mph limits, we made quick work of the commute.

After a visit to the courthouse museum (see review) we set off down the street looking for history. There were men in western dress leaning against a road barrier, and they told us they worked for the Wyatt Earp Theatre, the show starting in about an hour. Lunch followed at Big Nose Kate's, and then it was show time.

The cost is a modest $7 per person. A television was on discussing the Earp's presence in Tombstone until show time.

These reenactors are very, very good. They set history straight and between "acts" will explain how things really went and how Hollywood has deviated from the truth. Warning: There are reenacting gun fights indoors, and it is loud. If you have small children you may want to re-think this show. Also, if you are very anti-gun or afraid of firearms, you may have a hard time with the realism in this show.

This is the best attraction in town. They work hard at presenting the history of this larger-than-life town in the honest light of truth. The actors work for tips, so please give as you can.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SidelineObservant
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I had a great time here. For 10 dollars each we were able to visit the museum, watch a reenactment of the gunfight and obtain a copy of the paper which reported it in 1881. The actors were brilliant and happy to be photographed with the public. Doc Holliday in particular was great.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank syoconnor
AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific Show!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Saw the show today & really thought it was great. Wonderful narration, & great action. Worth seeing!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GaryM320
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Educating”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent gunfighters! Wedding performed there, and was the best experience in my life to date! Ambience excellent for ceremony!

Visited May 2013