“Great”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Mortagne-sur-Sevre, France
“Great”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We wanted the American Wild West experience and we got it. The hotel is extremely well done and great care has been taken to make it a really authentic looking Western town with themed rooms - we stayed in the blacksmith- themed room which was really well done with great attention to detail and a beautiful murale on the back wall. The rooms contain all the modern conveniences and are cozy. However, despite several attempts, we couldn't get the coffee machine to work properly.
Another tip - keep the door closed because, due to the remote location of the hotel in the desert there are plenty of critters you don't want making their way into the room!
We didn't have the time, but if you do I recommend you go for a horseride - all levels are catered for and the surrounding scenery is stunning.
The only slightly negative thing I can say about the hotel is that the receptionist was rather curt, not very welcoming and pushy about trying to sell us horserides and meals. She seemed determined on getting us to have dinner and breakfast at the ranch which we weren't particularly interested in and kept on emphasising the fact that we had only booked a standard room which is all we wanted seeing as it is already a pretty pricey room and didn't want to blow our budget as it was only the beginning of our 3 week trip.
Nevertheless, the ranch and nearby Tombstone will remain a fond memory for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed there with my family for a 3 day stay.I must say the view was phenomenal. The landscape and location couldn't of been more perfect. The rooms were very modern and up today and made very cozy. But there were some things that the money just didn't buy, the food was very good, and they seem to have a good variety of dinners, you don't get to pick what you want to eat every night instead they have a set menu that you find out what you're going to eat that night that day. Luckily everything they made was very tasty, and very versatile.on Friday they made fish which I am NOT a fan of and they gladly made me a chicken substitute instead which was very nice.so let's say the overall performance of the food was good! the service not so much. I waited on a drink refill 2 times and couldn't help but notice the dining room was very busy I took that into consideration and politely waited but then I couldn't help but notice my server sitting on her phone in the back, eating to what it looked like a dessert or soup of some sort. Which is completely un excusable. after blowing it off and finishing up dinner I wanted to have some drinks at the saloon. there was no bartender there so I asked my server again if we could have a bartender accompany us and serve us drinks, she said she was the bartender and that she would be there in a minute she was on her phone again! But this time she was talking to somebody!. what looked to me like someone from the kitchen staff, told me she will serve us our drinks in a minute she's on a business call. well after waiting 15 minutes she finally got off her phone to tell us sorry, and she was talking to a family member she hasn't talked to in a long time. We ended up going to Circle K getting some beers and watching a movie in our room. Good time, good food, nice environment, bad service.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank resort7hunter
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent experience for our entire family. Accommodated all levels of "horse" experience. Enjoyed the international aspect of the guests staying there. Very family oriented. Will definitely return. They should take advantage of the hiking opportunities and educate guests on that amenity.

• Stayed July 2013
Hurt, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Taking an hour-long horseback ride is probably the most relaxing thing you can do in the area. I would recommend a late afternoon or early morning ride. The landscape was inspiring and the weather was beautiful. Don't worry about a lack of riding experience that you might have. The horses know what to do and look out for their riders. Some people who have never ridden have been given very careful, slow-walking horses that one can ride. They offer novice, intermediate and professional riding tours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
scotland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for two nights and can honestly say,I enjoyed the stay very much,staff were friendly especially jeanie,Tanya,shane and brad,I found the rooms to be clean and retained the look of the cowboy era,however still modern,I would definitely recommend a stay here,and will return if I get back to Tombstone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrickfergus N Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked the ranch for part of our tour of Arizona. While the rooms and the setting were good we were disappointed by the food, service and general feeling in the ranch. We found the each night we had a meat or fish (I do not eat fish) with mash potatoes and green beans. To have at least have had a choice of not having fish and a different vegetable selection each night would have been more fitting for n establishment of this standard. We also noted that there was never enough egg or bacon at breakfast each day.
There was about 5 English speaking guests on the ranch during our stay and it appeared to us that unless you spoke German you were not made to feel welcome.
On the plus side the horses and riding were very good and the concept of the ranch and rooms were good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RobertandJoann
Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in Tombstone 1 night, two days. We really enjoyed the small old west city and the resort. It is small but all the commodities were there : pool (broken during our stay) saloon, 3 meals a day, ... The staff was nice, patient and very helpful. I would not have spent a week, I am not the biggest fan of horseriding, but I would certainly recommend this ranch to all horses lovers and for an old Far West expericence as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Tombstone Monument Ranch? Share your experiences!