“the Most Fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
las vegas
“the Most Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were looking for something fun fun our grandson to do in Tombstone after seeing all the shootout shows. So we went to Apache Spirit Ranch to do some horseback riding. The trail guides were the best and the horses were well behaved. My grandson rode Johnny Ringo and the horse obeyed all his commands and this was the first time he's been on a horse.
Next year we'll be staying at the ranch. I wish I had known about this place before. We went to the saloon to wet our whistles after the trail ride and ended up leaving at around 10 that evening, playing pool and darts. The owner gave us a behind the scenes tour and told us about the history of the Apache.
All the staff we met were very friendly and the prices on food and drinks are the best in Tombstone. Do yourself a favor the next time your in Tombstone and visit the Apache Spirit Ranch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank motoxlasvegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A WONDERFUL western themed resort with all of the latest amenities and a staff that make you feel welcome & appreciated. You will fall in love with this resort as we did and you will want to make this a resort that you frequent often.
The Apache Spirit Ranch has guided horseback riding in the Tombstone, Arizona desert..which is a must do!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank Stephen Turkeyc... J
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I went for a nice weekend getaway with my in laws. It was very cozy and the staff was very friendly. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable. The overall experience was made more western when The Tombstone Vigilantes made an appearance at the ranch. We also enjoyed our horseback ride, it is a beautiful ranch and we are definitely coming back!

*We went during monsoon season, so be prepared to stay at the ranch when the washes get flooded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I can only agree to what Cat wrote in her review. I spent 10 days at the Apache Spirit Ranch in Arizona with my 9 year old daugther. We had a great time there. Even though there were not so many other children my daugther just loved the Ranch. The Apache Sprit Ranch team was a big reason for that. Everybody always had a friendly word for her, took time to explain something or joked around. She spent lots of time with the horses and Bard and Gary assured she was always safe. She was a bit scared in the beginning, because prior our arrival she only rode smaller ponies. The two wranglers found the right horse for her, took her for a small lesson and gave her the confidence she needed to go on trail rides with us every day. Her favorite horse was one of the older horses and I must say I'm glad it was there. She felt safe and secure and I felt the same way. The horse did not jump around and carefully carried her through the rocky parts of the trails. All horses have been in great shape and are a lot of fun to ride as they are perfectly trained. No "nose to tail big group size" trail rides where the horses just follow each other no matter of your riding skills. Instead of that small groups and the rides were splitt in beginners and advanced, so that everybody just got what they were looking for. We truely enjoyed the Ranch, had a brilliant vacation and will hopefully come back. The whole set up of the Ranch (rooms, saloon, main street,...) is just as it shows on their website. Everything is pretty and clean. A big thanks to Brad and Gary who took us on amazing rides every day (and even on our last day we rode a trail we did not ride before) but also to Dallas, Kirk and the rest of stuff whom we all enjoyed to chat along with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sandra K
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have just returned from spending 9 days at Apache Spirit Ranch and am appalled the previous reviewers comments about the horses! None of the horses on the ranch are uncared for, Brad - the head wrangler - fusses over them like children and yes, while there are one or two older horses on the ranch, most of the horses are quite young. The older horses are not ridden on advanced rides and even the younger horses are rotated so they all get a break. The 4 year old mare I rode was put out to pasture for a two week break when I left, so the mention of uncared for horses infuriates me. All of the horses, without exception, are wonderfully schooled and very responsive - if the reviewer had an issue with her horse I doubt it was the horses fault. I also object to the comment about American guests - what a load of rot! While I am not American, there were several Americans who were at the ranch while I was there and everyone got on brilliantly, so I have no idea where that comment came from. Apache Spirit ranch has unbelievable trails, truly amazing horses - (the wranglers have the knack of finding just the right horse for everyone after a few rides) - and very nicely themed rooms. Everyone on the ranch is chatty and friendly and meals are eaten together in dining room which adds to the sense of community. I arrived on my own and left having met some really amazing people, I have no doubt I will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cat M
Exton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I spent 10 days traving around Arizona and the worst hour we spent was horseback riding here. the man who lead us did not speak to any of us. One women ask him his name and he mumbled something but the rest of us never found even found out his name. horses were old and did not look well care for. My horse barely walked and trail leader did not wait at any turns to see if we were following. Hear from locals later that owner told town peolpe he did not like Americans and did not want them to stay at his ranch. He can be sure these 2 Americans will never go back. Save your money and find somwhere eles to ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Hikergirl1952
ApacheSpiritRanch, Manager at Tombstone Monument Ranch, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear guest,

We are very truly sorry that your experience with the Apache Spirit Ranch was not satisfactory for you. I wanted to assure you that we are always working on improving our ranch adventure in all aspects. That includes the quality of staff, as well as, the quality of our horses.

I can promise you that we take good care of our horses, we offer free choice of food so they always can eat no matter what their riding schedule is. Also we rotate our horses and give them brakes.

I can assure you also, that we move young horses in our guest string quite regularly, just last week we added two 3-year-olds that will be trained to ride on the trail with the group and then be used for guests as well. In a well managed herd you will always have older and younger horses together , which is crucial for the guests to be able to ride a horse that matches their abilities and that, furthermore, can help the guest with insecurities. A young horse will never be able to take care of a beginner like a well trained and experienced guest horse. That is the main reason we also have good trained older horses on our ranch, so that beginner riders are secure, will have a good experience and gain confidence along the trail.

I would like to ask you to come back again when you are in the area, so you can try us again and see, that we take care of our horses, as well as, ALL our guests. No matter whether they are from the USA, Germany, England, Spain, Italy, or anywhere else. We are one big world and everybody is a part of it. Therefore our doors are open to everybody that wants to experience our wild west ranch adventure!

Julia Hastings
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed there in June 2011 and it was so much fun, just like in the movies. I loved that place. The rooms where amazing, from the ouside they looked like a part of town and the inside was modern, clean with great bathrooms.
All guests became good friends since it is a small place. We had meals together and went riding. It was just wonderful. They also had evening entreatment. It was in the middle of nowhere but wonderful maintained and the horse well keep.
So if you like a week of real western then this is the place to go. It was excellent

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Corinne F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Tombstone Monument Ranch? Share your experiences!