“We Chose Poorly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tombstone
Wells Fargo RV Park
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were in Tombstone for 3 days/2 nights over New Year's Eve. Based on other reviews, we chose this park. I wish we would've chosen one of the others as we drove past them and they looked MUCH better. First the positive -- as other reviewers have stated, you can't beat the location here. Very short walk to all that Tombstone has to offer. Now the bad -- when I called from the road to reserve a spot, I specifically asked for a 50 amp pull through. We arrive, and we're given a 30 amp pull through. Not that big of a deal because we carry a converter -- just aggravating, and the manager was snotty about it and didn't apologize. The sites are level but they are SMALL -- by "small" I mean that if you have slides and the RV next to you has slides, you will not be able to walk between the 2 RV's. Seriously. There is one little patch of grass with some picnic tables on it -- there are signs every few feet of this grassy area that say "Keep Pets Off Grass". Really? Most RV'ers are responsible pet owners who will pick up after their pets. Also, thank goodness we were on the other side of the park from the trash dumpsters as they were literally over-flowing with trash piled up around them. My advice -- stay in one of the other parks and drive the couple of miles to downtown Tombstone -- there's plenty of free parking around town.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scsn0wbird
Russell J, Manager at Wells Fargo RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

I am remiss in taking so long to respond to this review. I have only recently found out how to do so. I will try to take your complaints in the order as given. I apologize for the misunderstanding on your reservation request The lady who took your reservation sometimes has a hearing problem while taking a reservation on a cell phone. We did not have a 50 amp pull through available at that time. She booked you in the only available pull through we had open. I do not recall ever being snooty with a guest and since I am the manager it must have been me you talked to. If I came across snooty or unfriendly I apologize. It is not what I am about. Again I am sorry. Our sites are small in width because of our location. When we are totally full, it is cozy time. Most people enjoy their stay and meet new friends. The area you refer to as having some grass with signs that ask for keeping dogs off of the grass is our tent sites. People who set up their tents and sleep on the ground would rather not have the odor. We set up with the owner across the street from us to let folks bring their dogs across the street on the grassy area along the fence line for that purpose. We just ask that you clean up afterwards. Our trash is collected twice a week by commercial carrier.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We pitched a tent after speaking with the friendly owner who invited us to a card game we clean forgot all about (next time lad). This place is right on the money in a class, kick [--] town. EVERYTHING within walking distance and all the locals we met i.e. shop keepers, gun slingers, silver miners, stage coach drivers, Boothill Graveyard keepers, Indian Trading Post and Big Nose Kates Bar staff were simply nice, down to earth and welcoming people. If you're a fan of western movies or a genuine history buff, this is the place to be. Bring a Colt 45 or Winchester down the town and FIT IN! The town that was too tough to die is too good to miss. Legendary, literally...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kyle_Ferguson
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I joined Trip Advisor to recommend Wells Fargo RV Park in Tombstone to everyone. Well run, clean, and the prices were very fair. We thought it would cost more since Tombstone is a popular place for people to go, but they were reasonable and we will definitely come back next summer. I don't know what the other parks in Tombstone are like or what they cost but I recommend this as the best place that you can go.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Al A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We loved it here. Owner friendly, accomidating, informative. Right across the street from the OK Corral. It was nice to tour the town, return to rv park & eat or rest and then head back out again. Right in the heart of all of the excitement of Tombstone!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank holycow777
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had already seen the area on Google Earth and Street View and were even more excited to visit. I had chosen Wells Fargo as my first choice due to its location to the main street. It was also the first stop on our RV tour of Arizona.

People say first impressions last and this was certainly the case with this RV park. I had reserved through the internet and got a quick email in return saying that they will hold our spot without payment until 4pm the day of arrival. At 3.30 we called to say we would be arriving a bit late which was no problem to the man on the phone and we arrived about 5.30pm and was directed with a smile right into our spot. We paid for one night with the option of staying a second night, which the man said we could decide tomorrow before checkout and pay for the second night then. We did.

The site is small, and nestled into a single block, you can drive through it and barely count to ten before you exit, but when you are parked up for the night it feels much bigger until you step outside the gates and you look up the road and you realise that just next door is the famous O.K. Corral and the start of the Tombstone we came to see.

Your RV site/spot has the usual hook ups, Power, Water and Sewer and a few meters space before you hit another RV. The place appears to cater for short as well as long term RVers as there was a large 5th Wheel RV up for sale that looked like it had been there awhile. Other RV's in the park looked like they never moved and had their own gardens and permanent fixtures.

The facilities at the RV Park were very good. Showers and the bathrooms were clean, although the showers a bit small and I had to crouch to get my head under the water stream (I am 6ft).

The Park shop has limited items for sale, but has enough spare bits to replace any RV joint that has fallen afoul on your journey.

It is important to note that stocking up on groceries Tombstone is a pain and we had asked some shopkeepers in town where to get groceries. They apologetically told us that there was nowhere in town, and that Bisbee or Sierra Vista was the only place. However, the man at the desk at Wells Fargo pointed out the grocery store and directed us to a store about a half mile out, still in town that sold everything we could need. It was even called Tombstone Groceries.

For those that want to find this store head down E. Allen Street two or three blocks and just after the road forks off to the right you will see a sign for Sierra Vista. Go down this road and you will see it just past the Federal Credit Union building on the left. In google maps it is labelled up as Tombstone Gold Prospector, but it's now a Grocery Store. Thanks to Wells Fargo RV park for directing us there.

Note there is no pool here.

Room Tip: No site is really bad here. We had a site near the toilets and main office, which was quiet enough.