“Location to town”

Very narrow sites
Would not recommend

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Claraanddave
Sue S, Owner at Stampede RV Park and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

These people stayed in their own RV and in one of our pull thru spots. Even though our pull through spots are narrower than our back in spots, they are more spacious than any other park's in Tombstone. Our restrooms are very clean and our showers are kept very clean with plenty of hot water. Since they stayed in their own rig, how can they give a review on our Bed & Breakfast?
We supplied them with free TV and WiFi at no extra charge. (I am told that we have the best WIFI reception of all RV parks in Tombstone)

Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was our first trip to Tombstone and we knew we wanted to stay somewhere more private. Most of the hotels had scetchy reviews so we opted to go w/ Stampede. For what we paid and from what we could tell from the rest of Tombstone our accomodations were very good. I have never stayed somewhere like this before so I really don't have a lot to compare it to. The cabin itself is basically what we expected. The bed was insanely comfortable! We ddin't want to get up in the morning! The hot water was gone in about 5 minutes (As I read in other reviews.) I can tell you if you aren't looking for anything fancy this is your place! If you "need" to get ready in the morning (longer hot shower, makeup, do your hair) like me you might be a little frustrated. The lighting is not the best, there is no sink in the bathroom, only the "kitchenette." But honestly, the convience of being right on Allen St, not being in a hotel, and having a complimentry breakfast out weighs any of the cons! Going back to the breakfast- OMG the breakfast!!! It was amazing! Their cook is actually a cook for Ft. Huachuca, so you know he has to be good! I had the waffle- so so so yummy!! Over all though, even though we only spent one night it was a great place to lay our head and would reccommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Not only is Tombstone my Disney Land, but the Stampede is my definite home in Arizona. I am active duty Navy and was transferring from the Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland to my new duty station in San Diego California. It was late, I called the Stampede, Sue answered the phone, and when I pulled in at about 9pm, she was there waiting in the office, directed me into my slip, and invited me to breakfast in the morning. I got settled down and turned in for the night. The next morning I met Moe over breakfast, biscuits and gravy and plenty of coffee to drink, got the gouge on where to go and what to see, what restaurants discounted your bill because you stayed at the Stampede with Moe and Sue. The facilities were clean, the hospitality was second to none! Moe and Sue, they'll see me again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Seniorboats09
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at Stampede as part of a 7 week cross country road trip. We originally picked this place out soley because it was in walking distance of all of Tombstone's attractions, an easy place to pitch our tent, get a shower (very nice shower rooms, and we saw a lot of them in 7 weeks), and then enjoy Tombstone. We got what we wanted in that regard, but what made this place special was the owners are great. They are involved in the local community and helped us plan our two days in Tombstone, pointing us toward some great spots that we would have otherwise missed. We had breakfast there as well, which they joined us for. The food and the company were both excellent, as were the Wyatt Earp pepper shakers.

If you're interested in such things, ask about the ghost in the building.

They've also hosted Boy Scout troops, if my troop was not from 2000 miles away, I would definately take them on a trip based out of Stampede.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

It was very close to town no need to drive to any attractions. We stayed in the small cabin which was cozy but hot water didnt last more than 5 min. Sue was very informative about the attractions. An homemade breakfast was excellent. I would recommend someone 2 stay there.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We Love Tombstone its one of our favorite places to visit but this is our first visit to Stampede RV and we loved the owners and the homemade food was the best and the price was very reasonable fantastic hospitality we will definetly be back. Brad & Vicki

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed here unexpectedly for what I thought would be one night, but had another night here too. I turned up in Tombstone late at night and managed to get the log cabin. The owners were lovely, welcoming and very knowledable and pround of their town. Breakfast the next day was like sitting in your family's house. I was chatting away to the owners, staff and other guests and there was lots of friendly banter going on. I had the cowboy oatmeal and toast and it was very tasty. Being English its difficult to get a good cup of tea in the states but I had a PROPER pot of tea!!!!
I loved Tombstone so much that I decided to book another night here. The room is very comfortable and extremely clean and tidy. Everything I needed was here such as coffe facilities, a microwave, a little table and chairs and furniture on the porch outside. The beds were very cosy. The area is very very quiet, but it is such a short walk into the centre of Tombstone. I am booking to stay here again next April but will be bringing my teenage children for a break. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Katie's Cozy Cabins
Katie's Cozy Cabins
#2 of 6 in Tombstone

Been to Stampede RV Park and B&B? Share your experiences!