“Great historical information, although the shoot out didn't really happen where the displays indicate.”
Review of O.K. Corral

and up
Day trip to Tombstone Arizona and San Xavier Mission from Phoenix
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Tombstone
More attraction details
Owner description: Actual site of the famous 1881 Gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, AZ. Subject of numerous Hollywood movies. See Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday in daily reenactments. Stand where the legendary Gunfight began. Visit Doc Holliday's room. View over 100 photos of 1880s Tombstone and the Apache Geronimo taken by famous Tombstone photographer C.S. Fly. Open daily 9-5.
Memphis, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
Reviewed June 10, 2013

No, when you visit the OK Corral, you won't be standing where Wyatt and the boys started shooting. That location is actually in an alley a little further down. However, the placement of the markers for where the men would have stood gives you a since of how much of a close quarters battle this really was. Seeing those figures standing so close, it’s a wonder anyone walked away from the shootout. There are lots of other markers around in the vicinity of the shootout that explain different topics about life in Tombstone in 1881 and incidents and actions taken on Oct 26, 1881. The display area that you enter the OK Corral through is also full of area and era history. The day I was there the gentlemen running the place was very informative. He was of course in gunfighter dress to add to the atmosphere, but had lots of information about the town, its non-shootout history and of course details about the shootout. As it turns out, he was actually working in Tombstone when some of the scenes from the movie Tombstone were shot there. He even had some cool stories about things related to the movie and its cast/crew. Not sure how many of them were legit, but I don’t really care. At the very least, the guy was a great story teller and very interesting gentleman.

Visited October 2012
Luckycuss78, Owner at O.K. Corral, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Although we are happy Jeff enjoyed his visit to the O.K. Corral, he came away with two misconceptions. The Gunfight did began where the current life-sized figures of the participants are positioned. The Corral has a map on display of the Gunfight drawn by Wyatt Earp himself locating the gunfighters. Contemporary newspaper and court reports confirm this location. Sadly, no scenes from the movie "Tombstone" or any other Hollywood movie about the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral or Tombstone were ever shot in the town of Tombstone itself.

Duncanville, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“We liked it!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit incredulous about watching another staged Old West gunfight, but I was happily surprised. I felt the actors did a reasonably good job and it was interesting to 'witness' how it all unfolded at the O.K. Corral. I was impressed that afterwards the actors would take pictures with anyone who wanted to do that. I enjoyed hearing what happened to each person after the O.K. Corral. Just that the narrator's character (Kate) did not tell us what happened to her! Oh well, guess I will google it. I would suggest seeing this while in Tombstone, but it is outside so be prepared for the sun and heat in summer despite the overhead tarp.

2 Thank Eviesroadtrips
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day Trip to Tombstone Arizona”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had to conduct business in Douglas AZ and flew into Tuscan AZ…while driving to Douglas on 6/3, we passed through Tombstone….and wow, myself & my business partners said we’ve got to make time on our way back…on Wed 6/5, we came into town …and again, wow. The Main Street was just as I had envisioned it…and to our surprise, strolling down the street was Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp, etc…all in character. We toured around and sought out the OK Corral (this is a #1 must if visiting Tombstone)….we had the pleasure of front-row seats for the enactment of the gunfight at OK Corral …the story was well drafted, with great dialogue in period language…with breaks to highlight historical points…very well done, a fact-filled, thrilling 35min live action show…an absolute MUST if visiting Tombstone

2 Thank Stephen M
Bedford
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth a look...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ok, it's a bit cheesy but what do you expect??? All the actors are very friendly and like nothing more than to chat about the past... If you're in the area you should at least stop and have a walk down the boardwalks... Plenty of shops and bars to keep most people happy... Go and just enjoy it...

Visited May 2013
Port Angeles, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The only attraction in Tombstone that has done it's research.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've always loved the history of Tombstone, but was greatly disappointed in most of the attractions when my family and I visited this week. I felt the Birdcage was over-priced and under-delivered. Don't even get me started on Helldorado or Wyatt Earp's Theatre. But the main thing I wanted to see was the gunfight at the OK Corral. The history was spot on and the actors where very gracious towards the audience and even stood in the heat after the performance to take pictures. Definitely worth $10.

2 Thank DebinWashington