“never ever”

A Victory Inn Tolleson
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tolleson
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were allowed early check-in and the person at the desk was pleasant. Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators. The remote control had no batteries, one lamp was without a light bulb....and didn't work when we replaced the light bulb. After a long, tiring day at a heavy metal concert, we returned to find nasty bugs in the bath tub (we took pictures). Since it was 2 am, we went to bed and in the morning, spoke with the desk clerk about the issues and requested a price adjustment. Not only would she do nothing for us, she wouldn't give her name and wouldn't call the manager. We were told that the manager would arrive at 11:30. Since this was after check-out time, we asked if we could wait in the room and not be charged another day. She agreed. We ran out to eat breakfast since there was no way we were eating their complimentary breakfast and returned at 10:45 to find our key no longer worked. We were allowed to return to our room and waited for the manager. After much discussion and negotiating by my persuasive husband, the manager agreed to give us a 20% refund. The room was average but comfortable, exactly what we needed for the purpose of our trip but not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at A Victory Inn Tolleson, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hotel is under new management as of 12/2013. We are appreciative of the feedback that you gave, and will utilize it as we work to improve the guest experience at the A Victory Inn hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Put us in a room by the lobby with paper thin walls. A loud party in the lobby 10-11 pm. We called the desk and asked them to be quiet, but nothing was done.
We checked out at 11 because we couldn't sleep. They said they wouldn't charge us, but they did anyway. Called management but they still wouldn't give us a refund.
The hotel caters to drunks and partiers.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Worse experience ever!!! We went to a Super NIT Tournament (baseball) and booked 10 rooms, we arrived alittle early and tried to check in 1pm. Only had one room ready and told the rest to come back. Back from the game around 7pm ready to check in they had no rooms available they gave all our rooms away and the reservation that we made with our credit cards didnt mean anything, per the MANAGER and the the guy that was behind the counter was dropping FBOMBS infront of 9 year olds and telling us with other customers in line** if anyone who yells at me I SERVED IN THE MILLITARY 6 YRS AND I WILL SHOOT YOU.So he called another Victory inn and stated they had rooms and it would be the same price, upon arriving they had the main owner on the phone and he wanted to charge us an extra $20 a night. To make a short we ended up at Motel 6 with no drama. If you stay GOOD LUCK..

Room Tip: Travel ball, stayed at several places and never really believed the reviews until this place, never...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leo M

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to California and we will never stay again!! The room smelled and at night people were running up and down the hallways,and yelling outside.And our air condition did not work properly, we called the front desk and he said he would send up maintenance but they never came.I do not recommend this hotel for anyone who is traveling especially for a family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have never paid to stay in a room this uncomfortable ever in life. The smell in the room saturated my clothes and we had to leave the window open to breathe. There was a substance that was either blood or chew splattered on a wall and doorknob of the bathroom. The toilet gargled loudly all night.

They provided breakfast, but considering the cleanliness of the room, hallway and entry, I was not willing to take the risk.

To top it off they charged me more than I paid for a Residence Inn which was astronomically better.

STEER CLEAR FELLOW TRAVELERS!!!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Adventursaurus

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I came here on a Saturday and intended to stay for 2 nights, because of a very important meeting early Monday morning.
I paid for 2 night in advance with cash, that I learned was a mistake...
That the TV did not work and the fridge was making load noices did not bother me all that much, just pulled the plug on the fridge and read a book.
The first night a fighting and yelling couple in a room next to mine kept me from getting any sleep.
In the morning, tired and knowing that I really needed a good nights sleep to do well in the meeting I went to the lobby and told them I was checking out.
After explaining why to the rude woman behind the desk, she called the manager and she relayed the message from him that I could get another room.
I said i did not want to take that chance, that I was moving to a better hotel and that I wanted my money back for the night I had already paid for but did not wan´t to spend there for obvious reasons.
I now got to speak with the manager, who told me they could not give me my money back!
Not only was it a lousy place to sleep, the manager did not even apologize for my bad experience AND I got to pay for 2 nights inspite of me only staying one night.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, THERE ARE OTHERS!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We wound up in this hotel do to an automotive breakdown. We had some choices of different hotels but we just came here because it was close. The staff here are very freindly and happy to help,they have a free shuttle here that will take you out to a restaraunt or shopping then come pick you up later. The rooms smelled musty but it was clean...except for the carpet......The carpet was, in my opinion, filthy and the carpet in the hall was badly stained with god only knows what. The shower was awesome so no complaints there. I just cant get over how filthy the carpets were....other than that this hotel was prettey decent. In the morning on my way down to the free breakfast I noticed a strong smell of urine in the hall. All in all it was ok but I think if I were coming to the Phoenix area again I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolleson
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Days Hotel Peoria Glendale Area

Been to A Victory Inn Tolleson? Share your experiences!