Review Highlights
Outstanding family holidays!

Outstanding family holidays! We have joined Adelaar last year as a family of four with kids at the... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2020
PG411
Cologne, Germany
I'm speechless

The Adellar exclusive liveaboard experience is unforgetable. I had sucha great time there, that I... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2020
paulnichtgoeser

All reviews liveaboard experience komodo dragons land excursions bucket list currents tino restored crew alor gear sharks dives chef boat bali
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2019

This was our second trip on the Adelaar. We did the Bali-Komodo-Bali trip a few years ago (review: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g3137978-d7059254-r401054694-Adelaar_Exclusive_Liveaboard-Serangan_Denpasar_Bali.html).

This trip was Maumere-Alor-Maumere. All my comments remain unchanged from the earlier trip and I will simply add a few new comments.

We had amazing divemasters; Tino took the lead and was amazingly flexible and completely willing to accommodate our diving whims. For example, we stayed at the Komba volcano 2 nights instead of 1 because we requested it. And diving on this trip was beyond amazing; almost every one was breathtaking.

Nyomen is now the purser and he is absolutely wonderful. He may look 15 years old (he;s not), but he has spent many years on cruise ships and really knows how to take care of people.

I really wish every day of my life could be spent on the Adelaar!!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Adelaar-Cruises, Sales & Marketing Manager at Adelaar Exclusive Liveaboard, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Hi Nichole!

We are beyond happy you enjoyed the trip on Adelaar so much :) Volcano diving is indeed an experience that should be on every diver's check-list, especially on a trip to the Indonesian Archipelago!

Hope to see you again on Adelaar, maybe in 2020 or 2021 in our new routes to the Banda Sea?

The Adelaar Team.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

Last May, I was invited as a Manta specialist on board the Adelaar for an 11-day trip to the Komodo National Park. I've dived at KNP before but this trip was exceptionally good as I get to visit more sites and live on board a boat that looks like mini titanic (no icebergs in Indo so we're all good). It was very enjoyable to share the trip with 8 other divers from around the world, we spent most meal time sharing dive stories. The crew was superb and so helpful to me, they've definitely been trained super well to deliver a very high standard trip. Out of all them, the chef and Agus are definitely my best friends on board, just because they catered us with such good Indo-Western fusion food throughout the trip and fresh cold drinks after every dive. I'm personally not a big fan of 4 dives a day but the dive crew planned the dive sites very well, it was a nice balance between relaxation and adrenaline rush. I enjoyed every dive sites and personally love the manta site in Mawan. I was impressed at how strict the dive guides are to the guest at making sure they stay in line and not disturb the cleaning manta rays. This was a gold star from a marine scientist/conservationist point of view. The high adrenaline dive sites with marine megafauna such as Crystal rock, Castle rock and Batu bolong will always be my favourites during the trip, but I was definitely impressed with the night dives there and recommend any guest to do at least one on the trip. Lastly, I highly recommend anyone, of all ages, to go on board the Adelaar if you would like to experience KNP on another level.

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you Nesha for joining this trip, you forgot one thing: it wouldn't be the same if you were not there sharing your marine biology knowledge with our guests!
Protecting our oceans and especially the Indonesian Archipelago should be every diver's priority and I'm sure your work make a difference on cruises like Adelaar's ;)

Reviewed May 9, 2019

What a great adventure we recently enjoyed on this stunning boat! Our trip left from Serangan Habour in Bali for an 11 day/ 10 night diving tour into the Komodo National Park.
This trip was AMAZING!
The boat is immaculately kept and just being on this vessel, was an experience all of its own. We were in cabin 2 and there was plenty of room for us both and storage for all of our gear.
The crew on the Adelaar was absolutely wonderful! Friendly, attentive and no request was ever too much trouble. Before and after dives, it was all hands on deck and the efficient teamwork of the crew, meant the loading and unloading of gear, including precious cameras, was handled with care and precision.
This teamwork even extended to the kitchen, where every meal was freshly prepared and served with great care and pride. All of the daily meals were absolutely delicious!
Having dived in a number of countries around the world, the diving in and around Komodo, certainly did not disappoint! Each site chosen was quite different and there was always something interesting to see; graceful mantas, incredible underwater topography, stunning corals, colourful nudibranchs and fish or volcanic activity in the form of hot water and bubbles escaping from the seabed. Divers’ enjoyment but also diver safety was a high priority for Tino, our Cruise Director.
If you’re looking for an amazing adventure, you should DEFINITELY choose the Adelaar. If you’re lucky, you may even have the same wonderful crew as we had!
When we look back on this trip, there is absolutely nothing that we would change. We are so very pleased that we had the opportunity to meet these great people and enjoy this beautiful vessel. A truly fantastic 11 days!

Date of experience: March 2019
Adelaar-Cruises, Sales & Marketing Manager at Adelaar Exclusive Liveaboard, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Thank you so much John and Barbara, we are very happy the trip met your expectation. We hope to see you again aboard the Adelaar and I will personally forward your comment to the crew!

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

There is just one word to describe the trip with Adelaar - amazing!

Let’s start with the most important one - the people. Each and everyone on the crew has been incredible - helpful, professional, detail-oriented, friendly and reading every wish from the guests’ lips! Thank you! The rooms were cleaned after you returned from breakfast, the gear was always taken care of and in perfect shape, the briefings excellent and fun and the diving, well, you come out with a huge smile after each dive and it is just getting bigger with the next one! Oh, being greeted with fresh juice when you come back on board after the dive or a wet towel after land excursion - yes please!

The boat is in a very good shape, you see the value having engineers as per of the crew and the entertainment system in the rooms is state of the art!

The food has been not only delicious, but also beautifully presented.

This all without being pretentious, we always felt being part of the family on Adelaar which made this journey unique! Thank you again guys and best of luck to you!

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you so much for your words, it means a lot to Adelaar team! Hope to see you again aboard our ship to make new amazing memories!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

The adventure that we had on the Adelaar was a truly unforgettable experience. This was my and my husband's first liveaboard experience, and we fear that we may have spoiled ourselves for all other future trips!

The diving was incredible - healthy corals, large schools of fish, mantas, sea turtles, and great night muck dives with plentiful nudibranchs and odd little critters. We knew the currents would be strong, but nothing does them justice until you are in them. Thankfully, we had Foued and Hennefan to help guide us through them. Foued's detailed briefings before each dive had us feeling prepared for what was to come. We went on the Komodo and Whale Shark special but unfortunately didn't encounter any whale sharks. This was not for a lack of trying, however, as the crew along with Abam, the marine biologist from Conservation International on board, put in every effort to find one.

Date of experience: July 2018
Adelaar-Cruises, Guest Relations Manager at Adelaar Exclusive Liveaboard, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear CRigoulot, we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We loved having you onboard and hope to see you back on our other routes!