“By far Safford's best accomodations”

SpringHill Suites Thatcher
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thatcher
Phoenix, Arizona
“By far Safford's best accomodations”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I've been traveling to the Safford/Thatcher area for the last few months visitng a child attending Eastern Arizona College. I usually pick up a room on priceline or hotels.com as I'm more interested in saving money than a swanky room. This trip my kiddo told me that Springhill Suites offered a special deal for EAC, so I called and took advantage of it. It's still one of the two most expensive places in town, but IMO totally worth it. To put things in perspecitve, my child uses a wheelchair. We usually ask for a handicapped accessible room, but often find they aren't available. No big deal, but it makes life easier. This time their room was available and I must say in big, bold letters- THIS WAS THE BEST ACCESSIBLE ROOM I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. i'm done expressing my joy. Let me be more specific. Roll in shower, plenty of room for wheelchair to roll, bifold closet door, desk that was high enough to fit a wheelchair under, accessible sinks, no tables I had to move out of the way. I was really impressed that so much thought was put into all of the details. Oh, and breakfast was pretty good too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank azteach3821

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Finding a nice hotel in a relatively remote location can be challenging. Springhill Suites in Thatcher, next to Safford, solve that problem for southeastern Arizona. Been to the hotel twice; once for a large family gathers but we didn't stay the night. Then again during the Thanksgiving holiday. We were very impressed both times. The hotel is new and very well kept. In fact, when we stayed they and spent time in the lobby visiting with family, we never saw the staff not cleaning, straigthening up, and generally working hard to make sure the guests were very well taken care of. The staff was very polite, smiling and greeting us whenever we pasted. The price was very reasonable. There are limited choices in a small town and sometimes it can be hard to find comfortable accommodations. But this hotel is an excellent choice for any size city, in fact, some hotels in larger cities could learn some lessons.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
West US
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This is a wonderful new hotel. We enjoyed everything about the hotel. Great service. Spectacular rooms. It felt welcoming and comfortable from the time we arrived til we left. I would highly recommend this hotel.
The front desk staff was personable and very service oriented. Much like to would expect in a very upscale 5 star hotel. You can tell they were trained by someone who knows service and expects it to be delivered. It is very refreshing to check into a hotel and feel welcome and and that you have a team behind you making sure that your visit to their facility is pleasant. That is rare now days at most moderate hotels. Good job Thatcher Springhill Suites.

• Stayed October 2010
Mesa
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I've stayed in thousands of hotels all over the United States and can't remember the last time I have been so impressed with a hotel. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and spotlessly clean-as was the entire hotel. The breakfast is fabulous complete with hot food items and many little extras such as sliced almonds for the fresh oatmeal and cheese for the scrambled eggs. We recieved a military discount so our room rate was $70.00. This was more than fair considering what we recieved in return. I have paid far more for rooms that haven't been half this nice. This hotel had made a customer for life.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This hotel is by far, the best place to stay in eastern Arizona. The room was clean, the housekeeping was great, the staff was very friendly. They had apples out for a snack 24 hours a day. It was quiet, the laundry room was clean and everything worked. This hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and it was a good decision. The hotel is very modern... in fact, it looks brand new! Hallways and rooms were very bright and well-lit. I couldn't find a dark corner in this hotel even if I wanted to.

The rooms were very clean (almost new) and I liked the suite setup with a separate living area that contained several comfy couches and a big-screen LCD TV. Internet was wired and free (big plus). My only complaint is the beds weren't as comfortable as those at the remodeled Holiday Inn Express.

Washrooms were very large and clean with a separate sink area. No signs of mildew or ceiling stains. I felt very comfortable in these washrooms versus many other hotels I've been in.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel and the best one you can stay at in Thatcher, AZ. Even if you were staying in neighboring Safford, AZ I would suggest staying here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This hotel is very new. All the rooms seem to be suites with couch, chair, bar area with extra sink. The decor is stylish throughout. First time I have seen an IPod alarm clock in a motel. The staff was very nice and friendly. Breakfast was better than most with lots of choices - waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, muffins, yogurt. Small pool out back. This motel is surprising mostly because Thatcher is not a big town nor very touristy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thatcher
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Safford
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
Best Western Desert Inn

Been to SpringHill Suites Thatcher? Share your experiences!