“Springhill Suites by Marriott - Highly Recommend”

SpringHill Suites Thatcher
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thatcher
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a great lower budget suite option by Marriott. Rooms were clean and decent sized. Check in was in seconds with reservation made in advance. Great complimentary breakfast bar. Would highly recommend staying at this location. Denny's Restaurant across the parking lot.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor directly across from the elevator but did not hear elevator noise in the ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Thatcher

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I spent one night here and had the best night's sleep, a healthy breakfast, and met kind and accommodating staff and management. Even though it's not the cheapest, this hotel is worth every penny. I am planning on staying here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a view of the big mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

~Property~

Pros: It was clean in appearance with adequate parking.

Property Cons: The front desk attendants are just OK to deal with, not friendly and not rude, just their. The pool was disgusting! It was completely green and yet no signs that it was closed for repair or anything. When you run an establishment such as a hotel where someone is there everyday I am not sure how a pool gets neglected like that.

~Room~

Pros: Clean in appearance, good water pressure from the shower head, nice kitchenette, free WiFi, comfortable beds, and the room was a nice size.

Cons: The A/C unit didn't want to shut off when the room cooled down. My key stopped working the next morning. I walked back down and the clerk re-charged it after I stood and waited for her for longer than necessary. She was not apologetic about it.

~Breakfast~

Pro: Clean and nice eating area. There were a variety of things from powdered eggs, sausage, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, waffles, juice and coffee.

Cons: The eggs were absolutely gross!!! My WIfe and I believe they were powdered eggs. I don't know if they were mixed with bad water or what it was but I could not eat them. I eat eggs everyday at home and eggs are hard to screw up but it's clear these were not eggs. For what you pay for the hotel they should be.

Overall I feel paid ($117) way too much for what this property offered and the way it was run from the inconvenience of the key issue, the lackluster front desk staff, the green pool, and the bad tasting breakfast. I believe there is a Comfort Inn next door that I would consider staying at next time I am back in town. If you do decide to stay at this Springhill Suites I would be hard pressed to want to pay more than $90 which you probably can't get anyway. Safe Travels!

Room Tip: No Suggestions
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel was easy to find, had super clean rooms with comfy beds, easy check-in and check out. They offered a VERY generous complimentary breakfast and internet and wifi was free.

We were on our way for an overnight hiking adventure to east side of Aravaipa and this location was about an hour away, perfect for a leisurely drive into the backcountry. The hotel seemed to serve quite a few of the local mining company's visiting engineers and consultants as well as heavy patronage from hikers and outdoorsy types.

One thing to be aware of---Sunday nights there are almost no restaurants open in the whole of the Thatcher/Safford area, but lucky for us, there was a Denny's across the parking lot from hotel.

Room Tip: Night time flood lights shine directly onto hotel front. Curtains blocked it pretty good, but if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our group of 5, had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms were really big with plenty of room, so we didn't get in each other's way. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. There were a lot of choices, not just coffee and pastries.
The outdoor pool was a plus. It was a lot of fun for the kids.
I would have given this hotel a 5, but we had an issue with the deadbolt on the door. It malfunctioned, and we were locked in our room for a while (20-30 minutes). The gentleman who let us out was extremely helpful and gracious (wish I could remember his name!) The manager also sent us a little care package and a note apologizing for the inconvenience; that was a nice touch!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ericntracy
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First impression: Very easy to find and close to some restaurants and grocery stores. Staff was delightful. First, we were able to check in early and second, we were able to change our room from doubles to a king (note: book on the hotel website directly and all of this becomes much easier). We were asked if we had a floor preference and were given a nice king room on the third floor.
Room: The room was clean and, although not huge, it was laid out well. The entry area had a wet bar area -- sink, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. There was also a little sitting area with a couch, chair, two small tables and a desk/chair. Wi-fi worked very well. The bathroom was fine and had some good quality shampoo, conditioner and soap. My only complaint about the bathroom was how noisy the fan was -- almost sounded like an airplane was going to take off!
Breakfast: Hot and cold selections and they were being replenished regularly. The breakfast area had lots of tables and chairs and a small business center.
Other: We did not use the pool area -- it was really, really windy the day we were there.
Bottom line: A great place to stay if you are in the Safford area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katgreen
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a roomy suite with all the comforts. there are very acceptable hot breakfasts, and pleasant, helpful desk staff. I would have given 5 stars, if it was not that my 'Room Attendant' Sharon saw fit not to clean my bath or vacuum my carpet for two days! Shows what a reasonable person I am, I ignored the problem on the first day, but the second day was too much and I complained. The manageress was very helpful and had the matter sorted out in 30 minutes.
It is testimony to how good the rest of the stay was, that even after this, I still rate this hotel 4 stars.
Parking is ample. It is a brand new property, in a secure, pleasant, convenient location, close to many shops and restaurants. I would stay there again any time..

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GwilymHowes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thatcher
Comfort Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Safford
#4 of 5 in Safford
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
Best Western Desert Inn

Been to SpringHill Suites Thatcher? Share your experiences!