“Clean, comfortable and spacious room”

SpringHill Suites Thatcher
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thatcher
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here based on other reviews from TripAdvisor. And we were delighted at the pleasant atmosphere of this hotel. Everything seemed fresh and clean. The room was spacious and very comfortable. We had my husband's grandmother, who is kind of picky about where she stays. She was very impressed with these accommodations.
The exercise room is well-equipped. The treadmills and ellipticals each have individual TVs with a port for your headphones.
We enjoyed the breakfast and friendly staff in the morning before leaving. It was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lemmonlimey

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We usually always stay at the Springhill Suites when we travel if there is one. Our favorite things are the awesome breakfast and super comfy beds.

Don't expect that at this location. Expect a restless night tossing and turning on the super hard beds. The breakfast was ok if you like microwaved sausage patties and eggs patties that were over cooked to the point of being crispy. Yuck!

On our way out the elevator tried to eat my child and the desk clerk said that was normal foor it to try to capture someone in its grasp and she is scared of it her self.

Marriott what happened here? Why did you cheap out? We will be staying at another hotel next time we visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AzIDPotato
Peggy H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Thatcher, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Although our goal is always 100% satisfaction of ALL our guests, there are times we fall short on our goals. I'm always concerned when a guest is dissapointed with one or more aspects of their stay. With new breakfast menu options, and the repair completed on our elevator, I believe we are positioned to reach that goal!
Lorrie Innes, General Manager
SpringHill Suites Marroitt, Thatcher

Reviewed September 15, 2011

very nice place. Will stay there again for sure. Good service, good location. So-so breakfast, but at least hot coffee, and if you're "into" Denny's, it's across the parking lot. Great Pizza place across the street too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DonManolo
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed here for two nights to visit hot springs in the area and loved our little suite! We could not have asked for any more. It was roomy, the location was fabulous! Maintenance was top shelf. Breakfast had healthy options, it had all the amenities we would want in a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We booked this hotel because of all the great reviews and we were so happy we did! This hotel takes customer service to a whole new level!

We had to attend a funeral in Safford. I noticed the check-in time was 3 p.m. and I wanted to see if we could check in earlier so we could freshen up before the services. They were able to switch us to a room that was ready with no problems at all. When returned to our room after the services, etc. and were surprised to see an envelope that was pushed through the door. The staff had signed a sympathy card. We were just blown away by the attention to detail and very touched by such a simple action.

The room was clean and very cozy. We had a microwave, mini-fridge, free internet, etc. I would have to say the bed was the best part! My husband and wished we could have taken it home with us. We both slept great!

The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast in the lobby. Being diabetic, I was so happy to see the variety of healthier options. The quality of the food and variety was just wonderful!

We would highly recommend this hotel, what a gem! Our overall experience was wonderful! It is no secret that this hotel is great because they were booked solid!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank h0pe2b_777
Reviewed March 31, 2011

New and clean hotel. Very courteous staff. Excellent hot breakfast, including scrambled eggs and turkey ham, hot oatmeal. The suite was so relaxing to be able to sit and watch TV in a separate sitting area from the beds. Mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Bedding was a welcome relief from the usual dingy spread and blanket. Everything was in white at Springhill Suites with a navy fabric strip across the end of the bed. Only negative, as in so very many locations nowadays, was the very low toilet. They are made for midgets, not tall people, or with bad knees or backs or elderly. I suggested they order a couple toilet risers to have on hand. Many hotels and the cruise ships offer them.

Room Tip: I found the senior rate to be less that AAA.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brunswick
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I've been traveling to the Safford/Thatcher area for the last few months visitng a child attending Eastern Arizona College. I usually pick up a room on priceline or hotels.com as I'm more interested in saving money than a swanky room. This trip my kiddo told me that Springhill Suites offered a special deal for EAC, so I called and took advantage of it. It's still one of the two most expensive places in town, but IMO totally worth it. To put things in perspecitve, my child uses a wheelchair. We usually ask for a handicapped accessible room, but often find they aren't available. No big deal, but it makes life easier. This time their room was available and I must say in big, bold letters- THIS WAS THE BEST ACCESSIBLE ROOM I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. i'm done expressing my joy. Let me be more specific. Roll in shower, plenty of room for wheelchair to roll, bifold closet door, desk that was high enough to fit a wheelchair under, accessible sinks, no tables I had to move out of the way. I was really impressed that so much thought was put into all of the details. Oh, and breakfast was pretty good too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank azteach3821
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thatcher
Comfort Inn & Suites Safford
Best Western Desert Inn
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Thatcher

Been to SpringHill Suites Thatcher? Share your experiences!