“Love the food”

Zuma Grill
Ranked #516 of 788 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I miss the old menu that consisted mainly of sandwiches that rocked my world, but now they have big appetizers up to small meals that are just as awesome. Lots of love in the food & a happenin' bar at night. Check it out!!!! Try the tacos, sliders, dips or anything!

1  Thank czecher

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Zuma Grill is a bar popular with ASU students....and for good reason. Very good food and very inexpensive beer and wine. My wife and i enjoyed 2 glasses of wine, a Guinness, steak sliders and a steak salad, all for just under $30.

Steak was excellent in dishes. Cooked to perfection and very juicy. The buns they served were moist and surprisingly tasty, and the sliders came with onion and some green peppers. i was very impressed, especially after reading another review which said the food was poor here.

Not the case on our visit. Suggest You get in early in the evening (prior to 9 p.m.) to beat the crowd as the seating is limited.

Good food. Good drinks. Great prices. We will be back!!!!!!

1  Thank tuc7k
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went to Zuma's our first day in Tempe. It was a very relaxed bar. It was pretty dead when we went, probably because it was just after 11:00 on a Monday. Our waitress and the bartender were nice, looked college age. I had the steak salad and the steak was cooked perfectly. It was huge for the price and very fresh. My daughter had a chicken sandwich, can't remember the name, but it was shredded chicken in a spicy sauce. She devoured it before I could try any, but assures me it was delicious. I could tell from the general atmosphere, it is probably a pretty cool place to be at night for the young and young at heart. I will definately come here again, next time I travel to Phoenix.

1  Thank miss_mimi_okc
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Zuma's was a typical Tempe bar grill. Our server, Stephanie made us feel at home, though as seniors, we were much older than the clientele.The food was reasonable pub/grub. The sweet potato fries were excellent and the chicken wings were fine. The burgers had to be sent back, as the "cook in training" apparently kept mistaking medium rare for over cooked. The bartender, Jason< correctly 86'd a very drunk young lady who had to be supported by her three almost as drunk companions, but he handled it well. The craft beers on tap were fresh and the happy hour and overall prices were reasonable. My wife and I would try this cosy brick lined tavern again.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Wow--where to begin?
Chips n Salsa (with citrus chile guacamole $3 extra just for the guac) yuck. slighty stale corn chips, salsa n guac bland, no hint of citrus or habanero or chili or salt n pepper.

Street Tacos w/Chicken, still churning in my belly. Tabasco perhaps? yuck. Strange taste. Where is the chef?

She had the wings, and said they were below average, bar food.

This is a total waste of time. Even the $2 for $20 Groupon, amazing price, the extra $3 (over $20), and the $5 tip totals $10 wasted on a horrible experience.

Cute server chicks, but I'll never be back to this dismal excuse of a restaurant. They forget that their job is to get, and keep customers. Their only concern is how they look in their short shorts. Disgusting

hugs