“Great value, location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Redondo Beach, United States
“Great value, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent value in hotels. Walking distance to ASU makes this perfect for a football weekend and leaves you close to downtown Tempe. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and Best Western offers a free breakfast. My only complaint is that the hotel is somewhat hard to access from the road, so be prepared to make U-turns and double back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Patrick R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear John,

We always love to hear that a guest was pleased with their experience! And we are glad that our location is convenient for going down Arizona State games or going to downtown Tempe for dinner and nightlife! We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
tucson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for business and pleasure since 2001 and would not consider staying anywhere else. I am quite picky about hotels since I spend so much time in them traveling on business. The BW inn of Tempe is super clean, superb staff, great beds and very homey and comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Patrick R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Nick,

We always love to feel like we are someones home away from home. Especially when they are here for business. Hopefully we make your professional life a little easier! Thank you again Nick, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel room was spacious, the location was great, and the staff was friendly and helpful. What made this a poor experience was all the bites I received, especially the 2nd night. The first night I noticed a few bites clustered on my side and thought maybe it was a few mosquitoes but when I woke up after the 2nd night, I had about 39 bites all over me, in groups or in a line. I told the Front Desk and to their credit, they did discount my stay and promised to get an exterminator to look at the problem.

The internet was a bit of an issue if you're at an end room. I had to go to the common area to get good reception.

If it wasn't for the bugs, I would have rated this hotel Very Good.

UPDATE: The hotel manager did contact later to tell me that they had an exterminator who specialized in bedbugs to check out the room and they didn't find any bedbugs or any other critters in the room. They did apologize for whatever did bite me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Madhawk
Dear James,

We could not feel worse for the experience that had at our property sir! Although we were able to make sure that the Arizona Exterminating Company found no signs of any creatures the following day; but that does not take away from your bad time. I am also glad that we were able to also discuss the issue with you as well. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The BW Inn of Tempe has everything I need. Great breakfast, and if you need a Denny's fix you can just walk next door, I think it is a part of the hotel. The fitness center has nice machines, the pool is more of a relaxing spa, and I don't swim lengths anyway so the spa is my preference. Patrick was always there to greet me with a smile and the Ms Seth, the GM, was available and pleasant to visit with. I would highly reccomend the BW Inn of Tempe. Oh! My room was clean, spacious, and the shower head worked great. I noticed housekeeping was swapping out the shower heade with ones they just cleaned.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jude N
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
First off, thank you Jude; it is always great to open our page and see an excellent review! Even greater is to see that not only is our property suited to your needs, but that every aspect of your stay was like a home away from home!
Sao Vicente, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The rooms are clean and well equipped. The location is great because it is about 8 or 9 miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. We rented a car at the impressive Car Rentals center at this airport and 12 minutes later we were right in the hotel parking. The malls and shopping centers of Tempe are 5 or 10 minutes away. Breakfast very reasonable, friendly staff.
If you want to have a typical American meal, there is a ''Denny's'' right next door.
I recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bartok_Brazil
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
First off, I would like to thank you for takingtime out of your day to let others know about our hotel. Also it is always great to hear that we meet your expectation. We look foward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and plan to come back. Every one was awesome. very pet friendly. Rooms clean and wonderful breakfast included in your stay. It's also very close to my son's college Arizona State University. The location was right off the 202 loop. I plan to come back often to visit my kid at school

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Patrick R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Well Thank you ! We are always excited to hear that not only is our hotel convenient to Arizona State University, but that you also had a great time while you stayed with us!
So again, thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn of Tempe!
Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th visit to Arizona & each time we stayed at this Best Western. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable & always willing to help. We were more than satisfied with the way were treated. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Wow, looks like some happy guests! We are always elated to hear that a guest is really pleased with their stay. We hope that the next time to Arizona will be a stay with us! As always thank you for choosing us.