Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desku turnscottsdale roadwestern hotelsin n out burgerarizona state universityshuttle servicewafflesbreakfast roomsun devil stadiumwithin milesnice place to stayconvenient locationsky harbor airportbeds were comfortablewould stay againfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before with no problems but this time we had a mysterious charge appear on our bill. Called and discussed it with the accounting department. Thay couldn't explain why we had been charged this extra amount. Thay removed it and the credit showed up on the next credit card statment but wait there is more. The following month the charge reappears on the credit card statment. Had to work with my credit card company to get it taken off and block any future charges.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank globetrotter65_12
Janice R, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the credit card problem. We have since taken care of the glitch in the system that caused this to happen. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bring your problem to our attention. I would love to have you contact me personally if you are ever in need of lodging in the Tempe area and I will make sure your stay with us meets your expectations.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

First of all, we were greeted warmly by a young man at the desk. He was able to get us a room on the ASU side, which is quieter. He even helped us with restaurant choices. The room itself was fine. All we needed. The lobby and lounge areas smelled heavily of chlorine from the pool area. We participated in the park and fly program so our shuttle was all ready to go in the early morning hours when we needed it. I would have rated this a 4 of 5 up until this point. Then we returned from our trip. I tried for an hour to call the hotel for the shuttle to come pick us up. Only got a fast busy, as if someone left the phone off the hook. Even called a sister property and asked if they had a back-line number for them. They did not. Ended up taking a taxi at almost $20. When we reached the hotel and tried to talk to someone about it, they left the desk and never came back to speak with us. This was disappointing and is the reason for the rating of 3 of 5.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ASU side, not the highway side if you want it quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We regret deeply that your arrival back to Phoenix was met with some problems. We were experiencing phone issues on that day that we have since resolved. It is always our expectation that our employees will be at the front desk and available for our guests at all times. Since this was not the case I do apologize. I would love to have you call me personally so I can try to resolve the issue and have you continue to use our Sleep and Fly Package. I am glad your check in went well and our clerk was able to provide the level of customer service we strive to provide to all our guests. Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do appreciate you bringing up your concerns so that we can correct them. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance next time you are in need of lodging in Tempe.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Trip from Wisconsin and needed to stay overnite in Tempe Oct 4. Ralph the shuttle driver picked me up at airport very quickly and gave me lots of tips of where to eat that nite. He also shuttled me to the resturant and back when I was done. What a great employee they have in him. Very pleasant to talk to. Front desk person Shane was also very friendly and helpful with my requests . Asked for a quiet room which she provided and also booked me for same room the next week for my return flight. Room was great and also breakfast. Would recomend staying there again.
The day of my return flight the hotel was having telephone service problems so their quests were having troble contacting them for shuttle service. The quests were refunded their taxi fee which was greaat servive from this hotel. Don't let that distract you from staying there.
Last night I was there Ralph shuttled me to a great resturant and picked me up when I was done.
What a great service and don't forget they have cookies at the front desk!

Room Tip: Ask at front desk about resturant coupons and quiet rooms on 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Janice R, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Tempe.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had a great experience, Starting with the review online and continuing to check out. Patrick at the front desk was very informative, Had an answer/ solution for any questions we had or things we needed. We extended our stay another day because of this actually. I have worked for Best Western, and I've stayed in three other Best Western hotels in the Phoenix area, and this is by far my favorite. And I am the first to say that I'm not easy to please when it comes to a field I've worked in : ) Will certainly stay again and recommend to anyone I can : )

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Janice R, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are honored that you took the time to write about your experience with us. We are thrilled that Patrick was able to provide you with such great customer service. I do understand when you have been in the industry how you see much more than someone who has not – with that being said we are very proud that you would say that we are your favorite Best Western in this area. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After my 6+ hr flight from Hawaii, I TRIED calling this place for a shuttle for a place to stay for the night. I called repeatedly for about an hour. Finally this "lady" answered". Upon returning to the Hotel, I can see why she was "busy". She was outside smoking cigs and on her cell phone obviously on a personal call arguing with whomever.
The place was So-so. Never again.....
why do people like this get hired and keep their jobs in this industry anyway?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike H
Janice R, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We apologize for the level of customer service and unprofessional behavior our staff member displayed. It is always our intention to train our staff to be at the front desk at all times. If that is not possible then we do always have at least two people working and it is the employee’s responsibility to get the other person to cover for them if they need to leave the desk for a break or other reason. We have taken the proper steps to make sure this never happens again to a guest. Please understand that this is not the norm at our hotel and my employees take great pride in making sure they are providing top notch customer service. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and would like to discuss the matter further with you. You can reach me at 480-784-2233. We hope if you are ever in Tempe again you will give us a second chance to give you the kind of experience with us you would expect from our hotel.

Best Regards,