“Location, Location, Location”

Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I spend almost every week on the road and sleep in a lot of Hotels. The location here is great. Right off the 202, near the 101and sleep/leave the car when flying out. PF Chang, Starbucks, ASU, Airport, Mall and more, within a couple of miles.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the bigger room with the jetted tub.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn Of Tempe

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is an excellent hotel, at a great price! My daughter and I stayed there one night because she was going to orientation/registration at ASU. The concierge, John, was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean, nicely decorated, and everything worked, including the fan in the bathroom! (That was a first for me!) Also, they had free internet in the room. Especially nice is the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back, as well as anywhere within a 3-mile radius. This was a godsend in June, when the temps were around 115 and we were hot, tired, and late. Also, the hotel guarded our luggage for us, since our flight was leaving in the evening, and check-out time is at noon. I will definitely plan on staying at this hotel again, when my daughter moves out to ASU!

Room Tip: Just call!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The room was a reasonable size with a large bathroom. There was one chair so we asked for another which seemed to surprise the staff but it was delivered quickly. The downside to this hotel is the location. Our room was on the ground floor and outside the window was a solid brick wall behind which was a freeway. The noise could be heard in the background, luckily, all the time we were there. We went out to have a meal but another very busy road was on another side of the hotel so we abandoned the idea and ate at Dennys next door. We felt we paid too much for this hotel and wouldn't stay here again if there is somewhere quieter to stay around Phoenix airport.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flowerlady64
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We moved into this motel from another one in Tempe that turned out to be dirty. This motel was such a contrast, and not that much more expensive. The rooms were beautiful and spotless, the staff very friendly and helpful. It was close to the ASU football stadium, where we were able to walk to a football game. Starbucks and In & Out Burger are right across the street, and Denny's shares the parking lot. But there's no reason to go anywhere for breakfast other than the hotel because they have a great variety and a very nice breakfast room. The four jacuzzis are wonderful, though I'm not sure why they were different temperatures. The access is a little tricky because going in one direction you have to make a U-turn to get into the parking lot. Airport traffic goes over it, but we left our fan on for "white noise" and did not have a problem. The parking is also somewhat limited, but it was not a problem. This motel has its act together! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

My wife and I were not looking forward to another stay at a motel, any motel! But this Best Western had clean rooms. I only hope that other motel owners read this and realize that the main signature of a good motel is one that is well cared for with very clean rooms. If a room is not clean, we do not return. Period!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Saw this hotel on the way out of the PHX airport on my arrival date, so changed my hotel arrangements to stay at this hotel my last night in PHX. Great proximity to the airport and hotel features a shuttle service. My room was clean, comfortable, great view of ASU stadium and some city sights. Denny's within walking distance. Front desk staff member pleasant, helpful but not wearing name badge so can't tell you his name. Shuttle driver prompt, pleasant and delivered me efficiently to the airport for my way too early flight. Hotel offers 'to go breakfast bags' for extremely early departures; they do have a breakfast but didn't see the presentation as I left before dawn. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a motorcycle trip to the Grand Canyon and had the best hotel breakfast of the trip here: hot, freshly made waffles. The staff was very friendly and upgraded our room when they had a plumbing problem on another floor, not only the night they turned off our room's water but also on our return a week later.
There is an airport shuttle that runs on demand and they will also take you anywhere you'd like to go within 3 miles, which includes a lot of dining options.
There is an indoor lap pool and several spas but no pool for swimming or playing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends