“Location, location, location”

Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family of 8 stayed here a couple of days for a wedding which was at the Arts Center. Easy to get the event and ease of freeway I-10 approach. Staff excellent and met our needs with a few questions.

Room Tip: Very quiet in the rear of hotel and easy parking
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed overnight before I flew out of Sky Harbor early the next morning. Great friendly staff. I was able to pick up a to go bag at the desk before I caught the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was there right on time to pick me up and take me to the airport. I will be staying again in a couple of weeks when I will be taking another early morning flight and also the night after I fly back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
GeneralMgr_CS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thanks!
We're really appreciate it!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had a 0 dark thirty flight out and wanted a hotel close to the airport. I have had good luck with Comfort Suites in the past and chose this based on its location. Check in was easy and smooth.
The room was basic but fine with the exception of the through wall a/c- heater. The room was warm when I arrived, so I turned down the A/C. It sounded like a vacuum cleaner, then turned off. I talked with the front desk, they came and reset the motor breaker. Although it finally cooled to room (cool not cold), it sounded like it needs to be replaced.
With the exception of the A/C the room was quiet and safe. I needed to print my boarding passes but one of the 2 business terminals was not connected to the internet. The other worked flawlessly.
A snack is served in the reception area on weekday nights. We did not use it, but it appeared to be meatballs, salad and taco chips/ salsa. if you had some beer/ wine, it could almost be a cheap dinner. We left before the breakfast was open, but they offer a grab & go bag with a small bottle of water, piece of fruit and energy bar.
Although the price was reasonable and the location fine for airport access, this hotels needs to
work on some of the basics- seriously, A/C problems in Phoenix? I would investigate other
options.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked this because it was close to the airport. I would recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone, it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was fantastic. The morning breakfast was pretty good. It was a little difficult for us to find, but it was late and were tired.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L

Thank you for your good comments!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here for a night for our morning flight out to Austin the next morning.

- Checkin was routine, nothing special.
- we had to return the car to the airport that night and we were told there was a free shuttle back to the hotel from the airport. we called the hotel for the pickup and waited for an HOUR for it to get here. when we called the hotel again, they said they had no idea if the bus was coming. it was not their problem.
- we had a restless night of sleeping here and I could feel someone in black sitting on my back and screamed. at 650am, the tv switched on, on its own and scared the hell out of us. we quickly showered, packed up and left. definitely not ordinary...
- we waited for the free shuttle to the airport with 2 other guests and the bus was late as well again. we had to run to the terminal for the plane.

I would not stay here again and was glad that it was only a 1 nights stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice and they kept it up. Beds were comfortable and had four pillows on each for you can choose which kind you like. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was good had some hot items. Coffee was also good. They really took pride in their hotel and it showed.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff. Our room was clean and we loved all the updates, especially the bathroom. Breakfast was great and check out was fast. We would recommend this to anyone visiting Tempe.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family