“Great central location”

Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Stonewall Manitoba
“Great central location”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were looking around the Phoenix area for another stay another time, this location is very central and easy to see the whole area.
The room was clean and nice to have the extra sitting room for relaxing and watching tv.

The pool was small but adequate, the hot tub was very foamy but lots of kids in it so you could understand this. The only downfall to the location is no where near restaurants to walk to.

And we did not want to drive to much at night..
The other great thing was the managers special what a great. Thing to do for the patrons. Thanks

The shuttle only ran every 15 after the hour which for an early morning flight meant leaving th hotel at 415 am

The front staff were great And the cleaning staff did a great job

Room Tip: Take a room that has the extra space for sitting great for the end of the day relaxing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
PHOENIX
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We asked for a quiet room. We were given a room next to the fitness center, the guest laundry, the vending machines and facing the pool.
The complimentary breakfast was out of most of the hot food when we arrived an hour after it opened at 8 am. There was not enough seating for guests in the area.
We hung a "do not disturb" sign on our door from 8:30 - 10:30 am. The room was not made up when we returned to it at 1:30 pm. We complained and were told that if the housekeeper finds that sign in the morning they skip the room for the day.
The suite was the same size as most guest rooms, although it did contain a fridge and microwave.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available across the street at the Sheraton. I suggest you stay there too.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room - if you choose to stay there after reading this review.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralMgr_CS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I just couldn't sleep in this place! Even with my best earplugs. They have that annoying heating/cooling unit that cycles on and off all night - there's no way to keep the fan running. If you shut it off, you get highway and airport noise. If you turn it on, it roars on, blasts for awhile and then quits, over and over. It's a shame because the rest of the place is pretty good - decent size rooms, very clean, nice finishes, good hot breakfast. If you're a good sleeper (or have better earplugs than mine) you might like it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was only at this hotel for a few hours, arriving after midnight from the airport and having to be on the road by 5:00am. They made this as pleasant as possible. Parking was free and easy, the hotel felt safe, and both check-in and check-out were simple and fast. The room was roomy and clean, the bathroom was clean, the water pressure in the shower was good, and the bed was comfortable. I don't know why hotels are switching to the 4 small instead of 2 large pillows, but it didn't matter too much. The location was good, close to the highway (though not so close that you could hear it from the hotel). Also, joy of all joys, there was a Dunkin Donuts about 2 miles away and on my route out in the morning--highly desirable, given that I had to leave before the continental breakfast started. I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
California
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The check in was easy and the front desk staff very pleasant. The room I had was nicely laid out and spacious. The bed was comfortable, but it had four small pillows, I much prefer larger pillows.

Things went a little downhill from there, first of all there was a bedside clock that I couldn't adjust the time on. It had 5 preset buttons for music you could select to wake up to, but for the life of me I couldn't set the time correctly, there was no hour or minute buttons, so there was no reason to set the alarm. Thank goodness for my I-Phone. Next the air conditioner in the room was very noisy every time it kicked in, I had to get up and turn the unit down so that it would come on. Lastly, my room looked out on Broadway Ave and 52nd Street, the traffic noise in the room was disturbing, I had to get up again after correcting the A.C. unit to see if the window was open. If I have to stay at this hotel again, I will make sure it doesn't overlook one of the roads, if you do book in here you'll have to realize the hotel is situated in a busy section of Tempe. Lastly the food offered looked very good, although I didn't use the Continental Breakfast or the evening meal, the food presentation looked very fresh, and plentiful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Tempe since we had an early flight the next morning. The hotel was fine, nothing in particular excelled. The room was clean, but there is no restaurant in the hotel for dinner. Since we aren't familiar with the area, and were told there weren't many restaurants close by, we decided to go across the street to the Sheraton, and had a pretty good meal there. Breakfast was included, which was nice. Overall, a decent stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Breakfast was good but with large group they were a little behind. Hotel is clean. Rooms were nice with nice tv and other modern amenities. Carpet clean. Showers great. This is a nice 3 and a half star property. I would definitely stay again. Great easy on and off Freeway and easy Airport access.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Temp/Phoenix Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe

Been to Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix? Share your experiences!