Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Motel 6 Tempe ASU(Tempe)(Great Value!)
$54
$49
  • Pool
$71
$63
$64
$68
Best Western Inn Of Tempe(Tempe)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
$129
$116
Hotels.com
All reviewsguest servicesgreat locationfront deskwithin walking distancemill streetrestaurants and barsstaff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripmarriott pointsasu campuslight railarizona statespring trainingwould recommend this hotel to anyonerooms are comfortablecommon areasshuttle driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at his hotel on a Saturday nite. VERY BAD idea. The Hotel is located 2 blocks from Mills Street and ASU. I could hear the bar music and talk all nite until 2am. Then many of the drunk patrons stayed at the hotel being so close to the bars. Several times, I could hear the loud noise and talking until 4AM. Also a group of guys tried to get into my room, finally realizing they were on the wrong floor.

I stayed the next night and had no problem. The hotel has free parking and a great new lobby. The man that checked me in was a great host. Even make small talk with me when I was at the hotel computer. FYI: There is no in room wifi. That is suppose to change soon.

The room was clean and well kept. Average space. The entire hotel was clean and fresh. Only stayed at this hotel because I won a bid on priceline. Otherwise, I don't stay at the Marriott chain because of their political and religious beliefs.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I go to Tempe, Arizonz for the PF Chang's Rock & Roll Marathon every January. We have always stayed at the Mission Palms. This year we tried the Marriott. Staff was friendly and helpful. The place was immaculately clean. Amenities were adequate. The shower, well the shower was weird. There was just a showerhead and curtain. The floor was all on one continuous level; no berm, no ridge nothing to hold the water in at alll. The tile had been laid with absolutely no thought to gravity and as a result the water simply flooded out soaking the whole bathroom. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in my life! Next year it'll be back to the Mission Palms.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Went down with a few friends for my birthday for a couple days, they we're more than happy to give us adjoining rooms, one of which had a great little balcony. Other than the awesome location (just a parking lot away from Mill Ave.) the rooms were very clean, spacious, beds were super comfortable and we only heard the train once. Perhaps because we were out on Mill all night xD. Housekeeping did an excellent job of tiding up our room, beds were made, fresh towels, extra shampoo/conditioner/soap. The staff was super friendly, answered all of our questions, very professional. I would definitely stay here again, and I'm looking forward to my next visit :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PookieDelfay
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Great rooms but, you will only have a peacefull sleep if u have the rooms facing the carpark. If you wantthe room with the Pool view you will have compromise your sleep then , apparantly the train starts screaming out loud at 12am and 6 am some times at 5am too ! seriously i had to shif out especially since i was going to be there for 5 weeks . cafe is boring really, no variety same food but then again . since the hotel is in such a great location that you get all the good restaurants since it near the ASU at just a walking distance, pubs and bars are available too if you like to hang out late at night wthout going too far. only problem with room 137 is the aircon jus goes into a heater mode and heats up the entire room. sadly they do not have portable remotes like in singapore hotels where you can switch it off while in bed. but al in all my 5 weeks were great. Just FYI the Hotel shuttle is the best takes youalmost anywhere within 15miles of the hotel. there is factory outlet too nearby if youlove to shop.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

As other reviewers have pointed out the location is great for access to downtown Tempe and it's many eateries but forget about a quiet nights sleep. The railroad runs right by the hotel with freight trains tooting as they pass at midnight, 5am, 6am .........it is also on the main approach path to the airport. Landings start from 5.50am and go on beyond 10pm. Nice new lobby though and rooms are a decent size.

• Stayed: November 2011