“Read all the fine print, look closely at pictures.”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good - close to Sky Harbor Airport, right next to expressway, not far from gas stations and food, relaxing pool area.

Bad - outdated rooms (really outdated rooms), broken appliances (room 209 is where we stayed FYI), PAPER THIN walls, continental breakfast is a joke (granola bars and coffee), house keeping ONCE A WEEK (read fine print), furniture is nasty and old along with the decor of the room.

Overall - do not stay here longer than 1-2 days, don't make the mistake I did. Gross, LOUD, outdated.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from the smoking hallway if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sagekilz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to read your remarks about our location, the convenience of having many different types of establishments nearby, and our pool area. Still, I am very sorry that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please know, we are working to repair the items you outlined and are currently making improvements throughout our whole hotel. As for our grab-and-go breakfast, as we continue to enhance this offering, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tem@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was very happy when I check in to see a nice hotel and room. After reading a couple of the reviews I was very scared, there were lots of good reviews too. Check in went smooth and my room was on 3rd flood. Very nice size with 2 Qn beds, a loveseat, flat screen tv, small kitchen and table. Bathroom was clean but small. Yes the cabinets need to be refreshed, but the beds and pillows were very comfy. The air conditioning worked perfect, kept me nice and cool. Never heard any doors slamming or people talking. Felt like I was alone on the floor, but come dinner time I could smell some food cooking. Saw dogs walking down hallway with owners and never heard them in the room. Grounds were very clean and nice. Pool wonderful. The staff was always helpful in printing out directions for me, they were always smiling. It really did feel like a "home away from home". I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate all your needs and made you feel like you were home away from home.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have done many, many reviews and I have to say, this is THE worst hotel review I have done. I honestly can not think of many benefits of staying here and I sincerely question the reviews giving this location a 4 or 5 star rating.

I have backed up my review with photos so you can make your own determination.

The kitchen: Cabinets were falling apart (See photo.) Only two sets of utensils, no sponge to clean dishes, the dishwasher failed to clean the dishes, one pot, one frying pan, no corkscrew, and a burner on the stove did not work. The water tasted awful. The floor molding was falling off (see photo.)

Bathroom: The sink, mirrors and tub were utterly disgusting. There was so much built up calcium deposits and other gunk. The mirror was coming apart at the bottom. The doorway entrance was in serious need of a paint job. (see photos)

Living area: The couch was hard as a rock and was torn. It looked like it belonged in a college campus rather than a hotel room. The carpet was separated and failing presenting a trip hazard.

My room was 315. It should be condemned and redone. No one should have to stay the night let alone a week in this dump. Even the "breakfast" was crap. The hallways smelled and the stairways needed cleaning (and new paint and new carpet.) The WHOLE hotel was a waste of good money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris_G_2008
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Chris - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the condition and cleanliness of your room. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is making repairs in your room as needed.

Please contact me, at tem@extendedstay.com if you have additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for a month in the summer. They have successfully combined the needs of overnight guests (grab & go breakfast, housekeeping service) with the needs of extended stay guests (equipped kitchen, good mattress, wifi & cable, reasonable weekly & monthly rates). My room was L shaped with plenty of windows, making the place feel more spacious than it actually was. Another nice thing was how quiet it was. The walls must be very well sound proofed and even though the airport is nearby, I rarely noticed the sound of planes. But the most outstanding part of the experience for me was the wonderful staff. From Shawnie, the manager, to the housekeepers and maintenance staff, everyone was genuinely friendly and willing to help. No request was too small or unimportant. I see that someone else wrote the place needs a remodel - well they were just finishing remodeling when I moved in. I can, and will, recommend this place to anyone visiting Phoenix or Tempe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Management of this property really sets the right tone.....CUSTOMER FIRST.....gotta love it!! The entire staff falls right in with the Mgrs expectations. Clean comfy rooms and surprisingly quiet. Grab and go breakfast is better than I thought plus pool and BBQ where a bonus. I will absolutely stay again and again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am proud of our team for the great customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great quiet location, nice pool, but our room was stinky (no way it was non-smoking. Okay maybe when they built the place in the 60's it was non smoking). Can't open windows for long, because it's too hot outside, so we just had to get used to the smell. Gross.

Very old stained carpets, furniture worn out, hard bed, rough flimsy towels. They remove the ice in the refrigerator after each stay, so you won't get ice for awhile. No machine in the building to get it.

Nice employees, they do seem to care. But don't even bother with the grab-n-go breakfast - there's nothing there except tiny apples, hot water and cheap packaged chocolate muffins.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank stitchadventures
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Still, please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. In response to your feedback, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at TEM@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay near the 10 fwy. Patty was very helpful. Not to far from down town.
Lots of nice restaurants down town. Even though I was there for work I enjoyed it very much. I would like to return for vacation. Make sure you take a bike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Rick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Patti was very helpful and that the location was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!