New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Friendly and helpful staff make this place stand out from the crowd.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Tempe
Phoenix, Arizona
“Friendly and helpful staff make this place stand out from the crowd.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for a month in the summer. They have successfully combined the needs of overnight guests (grab & go breakfast, housekeeping service) with the needs of extended stay guests (equipped kitchen, good mattress, wifi & cable, reasonable weekly & monthly rates). My room was L shaped with plenty of windows, making the place feel more spacious than it actually was. Another nice thing was how quiet it was. The walls must be very well sound proofed and even though the airport is nearby, I rarely noticed the sound of planes. But the most outstanding part of the experience for me was the wonderful staff. From Shawnie, the manager, to the housekeepers and maintenance staff, everyone was genuinely friendly and willing to help. No request was too small or unimportant. I see that someone else wrote the place needs a remodel - well they were just finishing remodeling when I moved in. I can, and will, recommend this place to anyone visiting Phoenix or Tempe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Management of this property really sets the right tone.....CUSTOMER FIRST.....gotta love it!! The entire staff falls right in with the Mgrs expectations. Clean comfy rooms and surprisingly quiet. Grab and go breakfast is better than I thought plus pool and BBQ where a bonus. I will absolutely stay again and again!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am proud of our team for the great customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ojai, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great quiet location, nice pool, but our room was stinky (no way it was non-smoking. Okay maybe when they built the place in the 60's it was non smoking). Can't open windows for long, because it's too hot outside, so we just had to get used to the smell. Gross.

Very old stained carpets, furniture worn out, hard bed, rough flimsy towels. They remove the ice in the refrigerator after each stay, so you won't get ice for awhile. No machine in the building to get it.

Nice employees, they do seem to care. But don't even bother with the grab-n-go breakfast - there's nothing there except tiny apples, hot water and cheap packaged chocolate muffins.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stitchadventures
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Still, please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. In response to your feedback, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at TEM@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Tempe hotels

Victorville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay near the 10 fwy. Patty was very helpful. Not to far from down town.
Lots of nice restaurants down town. Even though I was there for work I enjoyed it very much. I would like to return for vacation. Make sure you take a bike.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Rick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Patti was very helpful and that the location was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Strawberry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel to Phoenix for business a lot and I always stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean and nice sized. Rooms have full size refrigerators, electric stoves, and dishwashers. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when traveling to phoenix for business. As well, I am so glad that the staff was friendly and helpful.

Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

So if you want to be treated like crap, be yelled at in front of other customers and hear insulting jokes, well, welcome to Extended stay America Tempe. At extended stay america tempe you'll find those descriptions and other descriptions such as: you get your cord broken by one of the housekeepers and when you ask for a replacement of the same cord, they go and buy you a different one. The story gets better and better. The cable they replaced was the wrong one so i kept it until they got me another one. Well, guess what?!! they still gave me the wrong one and they had the nerve to ask me for the first cord back that they gave me.

Now, let's move on to housekeeping. I'm scheduled for housekeeping every Tuesday. Well, here at the Extended Stay America will never get your housekeeping on the same day. You could get it in a week or you may never get it at all unless you ask again and again and again and again.

Long story short, I have never been disrespected like that in my entire experience with other hotels like Sheraton, Marriott and other hotels like extended stays etc....

If my review gets taken down, I will re-post it again and again and again. This hotel is known by taking off customers' reviews on here.

I will never ever do business with extended stay america. Horrible management, horrible customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marc M
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at this property for 8 months. All of the employees have been very nice to me. I am glad that you can only get to a room on the inside if you have a key. This makes me feel safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff has been helpful and that you are enjoying your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.