Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay near the 10 fwy. Patty was very helpful. Not to far from down town.
Lots of nice restaurants down town. Even though I was there for work I enjoyed it very much. I would like to return for vacation. Make sure you take a bike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Rick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Patti was very helpful and that the location was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel to Phoenix for business a lot and I always stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean and nice sized. Rooms have full size refrigerators, electric stoves, and dishwashers. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when traveling to phoenix for business. As well, I am so glad that the staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

So if you want to be treated like crap, be yelled at in front of other customers and hear insulting jokes, well, welcome to Extended stay America Tempe. At extended stay america tempe you'll find those descriptions and other descriptions such as: you get your cord broken by one of the housekeepers and when you ask for a replacement of the same cord, they go and buy you a different one. The story gets better and better. The cable they replaced was the wrong one so i kept it until they got me another one. Well, guess what?!! they still gave me the wrong one and they had the nerve to ask me for the first cord back that they gave me.

Now, let's move on to housekeeping. I'm scheduled for housekeeping every Tuesday. Well, here at the Extended Stay America will never get your housekeeping on the same day. You could get it in a week or you may never get it at all unless you ask again and again and again and again.

Long story short, I have never been disrespected like that in my entire experience with other hotels like Sheraton, Marriott and other hotels like extended stays etc....

If my review gets taken down, I will re-post it again and again and again. This hotel is known by taking off customers' reviews on here.

I will never ever do business with extended stay america. Horrible management, horrible customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marc M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at this property for 8 months. All of the employees have been very nice to me. I am glad that you can only get to a room on the inside if you have a key. This makes me feel safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff has been helpful and that you are enjoying your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff was so nice & helpful. For the amount of $ spent this is definitely the best deal, best room, best staff, & best overall hotel experience I've had! They even called my room to make sure I was happy with the upgrade they had given me and were accommodating in every way.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that we were able to provide you with great customer service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband booked me a room at this hotel for my residency at University of Phoenix about two weeks ago. I needed to stay at this hotel for 8 days with my niece. Upon arrival, there were two disappointed customers who could not get into their rooms. I should have known something was wrong at that time, but I persisted to stay. After entering the room, I noticed the room was partially updated with a newer television, but the kitchen was outdated, along with the bathroom and living space. I proceeded to stay anyway as I was tired and did not want the hassle of having to leave and choose another hotel. The next day, I requested an iron from the front staff, which I did not receive until two days later after another request by me was made. This was definitely poor customer service. We did not receive a housecleaning visit from the staff all 8 days and had to clean our room daily. We had to request towels as well instead of the staff asking if we had enough towels daily. Also, the second floor smelled of cigarette smoke even though there were signs posted stating "No Smoking". I emailed a survey to the operations manager, but all I received was an apology and no offer to take a portion off of my stay for the bad customer service. I am not a person to ask for a discount, but as a counselor I believe in excellent customer service which I did not receive. The front staff was friendly but most could use coaching and training. I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheila H
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with a wonderful, enjoyable experience, so I was ver sorry to read your remarks about your room and the quality of service you received during your stay with us. For that I am truly sorry.

It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at tem@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Arrived at approximately 1 am. door locked no-one at desk. used lobby phone and no-one would answer. called on my cell and got response from night clerk. room is sketchy wore my shoes to bed. Bed smelled musty. Bathroom door is a slider that is filthy. was given a package of coffee only to find no coffee pot in room.Seriously considered sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pizzaguy63
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experiences you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am sharing a copy of your review with the staff to ensure that your experience does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tem@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.