All reviewsfull kitchenarizona mills mallbasketball courttwo bedroom suitefront deskclaim jumperlarge malli highly recommend this hotelexercise roomrestaurants within walking distancephoenix areawonderful staynon smokingyogurteasy accessbed was comfortablespring training
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We spent four nights here and had to move rooms twice because the air conditioners quit working. During a record heat wave, when it was 100F outside at 11PM at night, the desk clerk told me to open my room's windows since my AC was only keeping the room cooled to 84F. Furthermore, I was told that I should come down to the front desk at 7AM the next morning to make sure that engineering made my room a priority.
While the management eventually did take two nights off my bill, it was only after I contacted the corporate facebook account that anything happened. I was told that this property is slated to undergo renovations soon, but I won't stay here again. The design and location are not good, and there isn't enough parking near the rooms to make this a convenient place to stay. Plus, I dislike powerplays where management makes me contact them. Nope.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
ResidenceInnTempe, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

I wanted to personally thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Tempe and thank you for sharing your experience. We will be using your experience as a learning opportunity within our hotel. I completely understand the importance of AC in the Arizona heat, and I apologize for the way the situation was handled. We have shared your experience with the appropriate departments, and I can guarantee you that this will not happen in the future. We hope you will return to our hotel the next time you are in Tempe.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

This hotel is old and needs a total makeover!

Let's start with check-in...talk about horrible customer service! We arrived at 3:00 am and had to ring the door to get in, which was fine...until I walked up to the counter. Dan, did not say one word. No hello, no how can I help you. Nothing. He literally just looked at me and I then said, Hi, need to check in please. Dan then held his hand out (again not saying one word) and I ask, do you need my ID? Credit card? Like come on, talk to me, what do you need!?! It was the most rude experience I have ever had at check-in at any Marriott...ever!

When we first walked in, the room smelled like cigarette smoke. The carpet looked grungy and dirty. The fridge and dishwasher had water stains on them. You could just tell that housekeeping didn't wipe anything down. We ended up only staying the one night as we couldn't take it. We were lucky to find another Residence Inn to stay at for the rest of the weekend.

Breakfast was the usual Residence Inn breakfast. I do have to say that the staff at breakfast and the check-out guy, Jung, were really nice to deal with.

Unfortunately, we cannot recommend the hotel and would not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
ResidenceInnTempe, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

I wanted to personally thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Tempe and thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience at check-in. I can assure you that the appropriate staff have been made aware of the situation, and we will be taking action to ensure nothing like this happens again. I hope the next time you stay in Tempe, you will return to our hotel, and we will be able to provide you the service that we expect and you deserve.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Been here a couple months now, and I can tell you WiFi is very spotty. It's free and with that said, should answer that one. (Ie. Very slow) They have a faster internet speed, but you pay for that and your Marriot points can not be used. The kitchen did come scares with the proper pots and pans, but if you just ask the front desk, they will bring you what you need if they have it. I have received everything I asked for. Yes some of the utensils have been used and show wear, but that's to be expected. I did have one instance where the staff came into my room without notice. My sign/magnet stating no service was posted and their response was that the TV was getting upgraded. They later gave me 2000 reward points for not posting a notice and inconvenience. Their breakfast is limited, but is free/included. They have free drinks Monday through Thursday 6-7:30(Wine and beer) Not bad, but food provided not great. Limited budget is what I was told... Are wings expensive?? No wings ever!! lol Anyway, the reason behind the title is what you see when you arrive in your room. Everything from the carpets to the chairs to the blinds, scream 70's.. One more thing, there are a lot of transients walking around the area. Maybe it has to do with the Strip club across the street?

Room Tip: Doors to the rooms depending where you are staying can be very loud when closing. Pray you don't work nights..
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Was a little afraid when we arrived due to the location across from a large mall and then saw the sign missing for the hotel entrance . I was pleasantly surprised it was top notch and great staff great rooms and awesome housekeeping staff !!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Overall this Residence Inn was better than most, my rating is actually based on stays at Residence Inns and not a comparison to other hotels. The location is good for access to Phoenix and Tempe without having all of the undesirable parts of staying right downtown. The room was very clean and well service, parking was adequate. There is a pool, exercise room and activity space for kids. At the top of the list though was Vern and the crew serving the evening hospitality room, they were friendly, happy and took a sincere interest in those of us there.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Priest Ave are probably quieter but noise was not a problem .
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple