“Nice hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall

TownePlace Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5223 S Priest Dr, Tempe, AZ 85283-1043 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Nice hotel for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night on the way to Anaheim. Noelle at the front desk was the most helpful person I have seen at a hotel in a long while. She went out of her way to be friendly and helpful. The pool was cool and inviting. The room was spacious and clean. I will choose this hotel again next time I am in Tempe or Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stephanie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and for staying with us! I am happy we could accommodate you and that Noel was such a great help. I will definitely share this review with her. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for Spring Training. Got moved here from the Springhill Suites because of overbooking. No problem, it was right next door. A little delay at the front desk. Big, nicely done lobby with a big TV, fireplace and very helpful wall map of nearby shopping, restaurants, churches. Our "king" studio had a comfy queen, not a king. Giant desk, big closet, clean bathroom, nicely done small kitchen. We don't watch TV in bed, so it was not an issue for us, but the TV was placed so you couldn't see it from the bed. Our room overlooked the pool and courtyard. The pool was full of kids but, with the window closed, we could not hear a thing. Breakfast was a bit chaotic with so many families. The usual offerings, fruit, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, waffles. Skip the bacon, I don't what they did to it (microwaved??). To the person who said there was a ghetto a few blocks away, we drove through it and it seemed to be perfectly safe, just a lower income family neighborhood. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the windows open, ask for a room not overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Granada Hills, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

there are some good aspects of this hotel...the location is close to shopping and restaurants, the front desk is friendly and they have a social hour. What I didn't care for is the apartment
student housing like atmosphere, no room range on the outside of the building(I spent 10 min trying to find my room), whatever someone is cooking the whole floor smells like it, being placed by the noisy elevator, not all lights working, one trash can in a 1 bedroom suite that's in the kitchen, noisy AC and a low bathroom sink... 30 inches. All I was able to get at breakfast was a piece of fruit most of the selection needed restocking. This hotel seems to be a place ideal for students and I saw a few families with school age children, it will be fine for most...just not for me.

Room Tip: do not get a room by the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Everyone that I came in contact with at this property was super friendly and incredibly helpful! The room was very clean and comfortable! Josh (overnight front desk guy) was especially friendly and he went out of his way to help me numerous times (with things such as helping my friend & I fit luggage into a very small sports car, etc)... I was amazed at the level of service I received at this hotel. I will, without a doubt, be staying there again the next time I am in the Phoenix/Tempe area, which will hopefully be soon! Thank you for such a wonderful stay and give Josh a raise! He deserves it! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here while competing in the Ironman Triathlon in Tempe. Hotel very clean, staff helpful, and breakfast excellent everyday. They also had nightly BBQ's, pizza nights, etc that was free for guests. Hotel is a few blocks from the HUGE Arizona Mills Mall, and every business, restaurant, and fast food place you can think of. Drive time to Tempe Town Lake and Mill Ave district about 15 minutes, and same to PHX (hotel also has free shuttle). On race morning they even started breakfast at 4am for us triathletes. My only suggestion that is if you go running, DO NOT go south, the neighborhood quickly turns to a ghetto in a few blocks. But hotel and area VERY clean and safe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

First things first, while the hotel website advertises a shuttle it is only available Monday to Friday! We arrived on Saturday afternoon and when we called we were informed of this BUT the front desk agent was great and found someone to come pick us up anyway.

When we arrived we were very quickly checked in and given a room matching my requests (high floor, away from elevator, extra pillows). The room itself was clean, well maintained and perfectly comfortable. Overall the entire hotel was clean and well maintained and we had no complaints other than the fact that we could hear our rather "amorous" neighbors next door well into the night, so perhaps bring ear plugs.

Breakfast is as other reviewers have described - perfectly adequate with a few different options. We weren't too impressed with the bacon which seemed to have been deep-fried? It was tasteless and dry/thin like paper. But otherwise everything was good. There was a nice lady cleaning tables and replenishing food while we were there.

We asked for a late check out the next morning and not only did we receive one, but we were asked WHEN we would like to check out. We timidly said, "4:00" hoping for the best but figuring we could stay until maybe 2...but no problem, 4pm check out granted! Furthermore, we were again provided with a ride back to the airport.

Zack at the front desk was great and handled all of our requests with a smile and great customer service. The hotel should be proud to have such a friendly and welcoming employee. Overall all the employees were great but Zack really went above and beyond for us for for that we felt he deserved a special mention.

Can't wait to come back next year for our annual Black Friday girls weekend! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PrincesseEm
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I didn't have much expectation as I didn't have to use many rewards points to stay at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised how well the hotel is kept. The room has all the basic amenities and would definitely be great for an extended stay. Breakfast was surprisingly really good, with both hot and cold food options. The only weird thing was when I checked in, I was put into a different section of the hotel where I leave the hotel to get to the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo