All reviews arizona mills mall parking lot front desk baseline road large mall easy freeway access clean hotel convenient location phoenix area room was large free breakfast a great place to stay nice stay late check would stay again spring training megan
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019

Hotel room in terrible shape. Not only visible signs of wear and lack of maintenance, but also the room gave a sense of being dirty. The old, dark decoration hides many stains. I don't believe that I have stayed at a Holiday Inn in such bad shape before, and I have stayed in many. For the rate that I paid, I am very disappointing. I can only put in a good work for the gentleman at the front desk, who was very kind when checking me in.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JulieW4617, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Dear Animateme,

I would like to apologize for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Tempe. We are currently in the middle of a complete renovation with the top 3 floors completed and the next phase will be the bottom 3 floor.

Our rates are a bit higher this time of year. It is our season but rates will start to decline in April.

I would love to be able to talk with you when you have a moment. I would like the opportunity to try and make things right for you and really show what we are about and how we can shine for our guests.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Clean hotel. Great location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Everything in the room worked.

No negatives during stay. The proximity to many eateries and shops is a plus.

Noise levels not bad. Parking is plentiful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank WCRCL
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

Clean hotel with an excellent free breakfast. I had one issue with no tv remote in the room when I checked in. I put in a request the next morning but they forgot. I asked a third time and got the remote plus 1,000 points on my account for all the trouble.The rooms are somewhat dated but pretty clean. I will go back.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Look, the property itself is fine. They have recently updated it and it has a fresh and contemporary feel to it. First the pluses. Comfortable room, although part of the TV screen is obscured when sitting on the sofa. Good internet reception and TV was newish and got clear reception which seems to be a challenge in other hotels often these days. A/C is under-window unit with wall controls and is slow to come on when changes are made. The same can be said for the elevator. Seems oddly slow, especially from the first floor. Breakfast was well done with a good selection of both high and low-calorie options that were replenished often. Parking is plentiful and convenient. Unfortunately, my initial impression was not good. The lady (larger frame with an unusual name (Johnjonela?) working the front desk both days I was there never smiled once. She stayed seated almost every time I saw her. On check-in, she had a ball of chewed gum sitting on a napkin to the right of her computer. Later that day, she was eating at the desk with an open styro container of what appeared to be loaded nachos to her left exposed on the counter. There's no other word to describe it but stinky and disgusting. How she had not been counseled previously leads me to believe that the property may need a stronger GM to oversee staff and quality control. I doubt I'll need to stay there again with so many other options, but for the two nights I was there, it was adequate.

Room tip: My room was next to the elevator but set back from the hallway which made for a fairly quiet, undisturbed stay.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
JulieW4617, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear Stephen B

Thank you so very much for your feedback. We take all of our reviews very seriously and use them for continuous training. With that being said, you have brought to my attention something that definitely needs to be addressed and will be.
I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff for the series of events witnessed during your stay here at the hotel. When my guests are not happy it is totally unacceptable that my staff did not make it happen. All issues have been or will be addressed immediately to ensure improvement at our Front Desk.
At your convenience, I would enjoy a conversation with you and your full experience at my property. Please call me so we can discuss.
Again, I do apologize for the experience and I have hopes the above events will not happen again.

Julie Wemmert
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed December 25, 2018

The late afternoon/night front desk associate, I believe her name was Carnella, was very pleasant and helpful, she really did try to help solve our situation with our Expedia booking, even though the hotel manager did not do as promised, we were very pleased with her customer service and bright smile. The hotel was close to a lot in Tempe and the breakfast was hot with healthy options.

Date of stay: December 2018