Lowest prices for your stay
$152
$122
HIExpress.com$152
Priceline
Hotels.com$152
All reviews front desk elevator laundry az highway
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night as a stopover on the way to LA. It was perfect for what we needed. Pool opened till 10 which was brilliant for the kids as we checked in late in the day. Lovely pool and hot tub. Beds really comfy and really helpful welcoming staff.Very spacious room and all the facilities we needed. Parking free and plentiful. Would stay again.Shopping mall just beside the hotel, and lots of food options. Would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DawninGalway
Mike D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Attended a two day seminar there and have to say I have stayed at better places. It was clean but needs a lot of work to bring it up to date This hotel was probably a very nice place to stay 10 years ago but has not been kept up physically. The conference room was nice but the internet connections were absolutely lousy.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Mike D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

I'm sorry your stay at the hotel fell short of your expectations. We are scheduled for the rooms renovation this summer. We hope to see you again after that.

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this particular hotel for the past 3 years, for an annual Motorcycle event. The staff are always welcoming, pleasant and helpful. This particular visit Jacqueline went above and beyond with allowing a friend of mine to check into my room prior to me getting there, after they experienced a horrible experience at a neighboring hotel Days Inn & Suites "bed bugs". So, I again thank you!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank jmjr0614
Mike D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you for the great review and mentioning Jacqueline. We hope to see you in 2018 for Arizona bike week again!

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

But our room was not. Obviously the money spent on renovations wasn't spent on the fourth floor. I'm always reluctant to leave a negative review when we use my husband's IHG points for a stay, because why look a gift horse in the mouth? But, if I got here and had paid cash money for the room, I would have wished someone had let me know the hotel isn't what it seems.

Dingy and old best describe our room. Lighting was dim--likely intentionally! The furnishings were shabby (and not in a good way!), the room smelled musty, and the bathroom was in major disrepair. It seemed like there were attempts to fix leaks from above, but the work was shoddy. The tub needed reglazed, the wallpaper was peeling off, and the carpet was a tripping hazard. "Updates" to lighting have left visible wall anchors with no attempt to cover them. Wifi was impossible to access, and I'm no tech dummy. I've never had the same problem at any other IHG property.

The nearby mall touts itself as high-end, but is actually a hodge-podge of outlet and close-out stores. Don't let the proximity of that "attraction" sway your decision to stay here!

The hot tub had an odd foamy substance in it, unlike any I have ever seen in any other hot tub. Perhaps it was a cleaning agent, but the water had an odor and felt greasy.

The staff was pleasant and accommodating, but that alone isn't enough to bolster my rating.

Unless you absolutely need to stay near a run-down Rainforest Cafe, I'd suggest to find something else.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2017

The hotel was adequate, but nothing special. Rooms were large and well equipped, though could benefit from a modernization. The windows could really use an outside cleaning. The mattress was softer than I prefer. There was a small outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The fitness center is limited, with a 2 treadmills and a 2 workout benches. Breakfast was the standard fare at a Holiday Inn Express. Plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. It's a high traffic area, especially at rush hour.
Given the number of alternatives in the area, I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are scheduled for a rooms renovation this summer as well. We did renovate the entire lobby / breakfast areas, including the fitness center in the summer of 2016. It has a bike, elliptical machine, treadmill, bench, free weights and Pilates equipment. We hope you take advantage of that the next time you stay with us.