Lowest prices for your stay
$152
$122
HIExpress.com$152
Priceline$152
Hotels.com$152
All reviews front desk elevator laundry az highway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2016

My room price was $78 because they were going through a renovation. The front lobby was closed and you had to go around to the side entrance where a makeshift table with a computer was set up, but the room was good. It was a very large handicapped room, double the normal room size. It smelled good, the a/c worked well; it had a refrigerator, microwave. The gym was not open because of renovations but the pool was open and just the right temperature.
This Inn is located next to the AZ Mills mall, within walking distance; and next to Claim Jumper.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Steven M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear Anne,
Thank you so much for your 5 Star review of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe. We are happy that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer, and you had a stay worth coming back to. As you know, we are in the process of renovating the hotel, and there is more to do; we would love to see you again once the renovation is complete!

Reviewed August 24, 2016

My hat is off to the staff who are working in total remodeling conditions. The front desk is just a table in a hall way. All the people who work there were so friendly and nice that it was easy to overlook the inconvenience. The room we had was spacious and clean. The bed and pillows very nice. The free morning breakfast had the normal selections and was nice even though they had moved it into a conference room. I am looking forward to going back when we visit again and the remodel is done.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a generous review of your stay. All of us here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe take pride in our staff’s ability to give our guests a stay worth coming back to, and we’re so glad you felt the same way. It’s a big deal when individuals on our team receive compliments from guest feedback, as it reflects their outstanding performance. They will appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again after the remodel!

Reviewed August 4, 2016

The 1st floor is a disaster. I wasn't aware of this. Despite this, the people seemed nice.

They said I booked a handicapped room, which I didn't, but whatever. They put me in a different room based on what I said I wanted.

The pool was nice - not huge, but nice. The breakfast was OK (moved to the conference room), but the sausage patties were really dry.

The location is in the parking lot of a mall, which I also wasn't aware of. Good night's sleep though, so all in all it's OK. Hopefully it will be nice after the remodel.

Room tip: Away from 1st floor!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Steven M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear about some of the negative experiences you had at our location, but are very glad that you overall had a nice time staying with us. Guests often comment on our beds and pillows, and we are pleased that they could help give you a good night’s rest! The remodel is obviously a temporary issue, one that will help us make our guest experience even better. We hope you will come stay with us again!

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Extremely accommodating!!!!!! I drive tractor trailer and I dropped off the trailer in the yard and was able to park my truck in their parking lot!!!! I was too early for check in, but the hotel staff we're very accommodating, and got me checked in as soon as they had a room available!!!! The only thing is that all TVs aren't HDMI cable compadable it's a hit or miss. Which I wanted to watch Netflix on the big screen from my laptop. But otherwise, very nice, clean rooms. Great staff, and I would absolutely stay here again!!!

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that we here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe were able to help you out with all of your needs. Our staff does its best to help out however they can, and we are happy that they could assist you. We are sorry to hear that you had an issue with the lack of HDMI input in our TVs, we will be sure to take your feedback back to our team to see if there is anything that could be done about this in the future. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again!.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

Everyone here is professional, courteous and caring. I needed a place to stay as my air conditioning broke down in my home. I initially spoke to Deangelo who was very nice over the phone. He was understanding and welcomed us at check in. Even though it was a very early morning check in at 1am, he was very personable and accommodating. Megan was sweet as well as Jacqueline, who both worked at the main desk lobby.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Steven M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Dear Lori,
Thank you for your review! We are so glad we here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe could help you through this stressful situation. Our staff, Deangelo included, takes great pride in the service provided to our guests, and we are happy to hear that you appreciated their service. They deserve the recognition! We all do our best to make sure our guests get the best care we can give, no matter the hour. We hope to see you again, though hopefully it will be in more favorable circumstances!