“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stay here quite frequently during my trips to Arizona. I go back and forth quite a bit to Las Vegas and this is my mid stopping point. I usually check in on friday mid afternoon and depart sunday morning after breakfast! This hotel has all I need. The staff is outstanding. The Assistant General Manager, Joe is AMAZING! Last weekend he gave me a ride to Kinkos so I could mail some ornaments that I did not trust flying with. He is very knowledgeable about his job and cares very much about it. The breakfast is nice, the pool was under maintenance, but it was to conform to new federal guidelines. It is fine, I am sure on one of my 26 trips there next year it will be open. This hotel is great. I love it here!

Room Tip: Room overlooking parking or odd numbered are best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadaMan6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

hi, I have stayed at this facility numerous times over the years and this facility has seen the last of me. The check in process was ok. Did not recognize me as a priority member. Room smelled. It had three visible ridges in the worn carpet. Bathroom shower head leaked. Non slip mat in the tub was half peeled up and he breakfast was not worth having. Holiday inn...fix this facility. It is not worth the price.

Room Tip: my tip....do not stay here until they repair it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mgruen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mgruen,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and at check in. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tempe, AZ.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I selected this hotel for its near but far proximity to Ironman Arizona. I do not like to be at the race venue. I prefer to be further away with fewer athletes in order to not get caught up in the frenzy of race time.

This hotel is 1 block from the light rail station, so it was easy enough to access the race venue without driving.

The room was clean and quiet. The refrigerator was huge, no problem holding my groceries. I had plenty of room for me, my mom, and my gear- including my bike.

Room Tip: There is no problem with a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michele W
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a former Amerisuites, so rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The bed is comfortable. Television is newer LCD / HD (and very large) but other furniture in the room needs to be replaced. The desk chair, for example, does not raise high enough to actually use it to get any work done. Power outlets are all below furniture so you have to crawl on the floor to plug in most devices (the kitchenette has a countertop outlet).

The air conditioner cycles on and off. It isn't loud when it does, but if you like a little white noise when you sleep, there is no way to keep the fan on full time.

Breakfast was ok - HoEx standard. Easy walk to the mall with all of its associated attractions and dining options.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike W
kingman, Az
Reviewed November 5, 2012

enjoyed a very favorable stay in the Holiday Express in Tempe, AZ while there on a business trip. the breakfast provided was exceptional, well organized, clean and fresh. The staff was helpful and pleasant.The room was more than adequete, having comfortable beds, a desk for my work space, and an area to relax. The pool area was close and well maintained.
we did experience a problem with ants in our room, which was quickly handled by moving us upstairs.

Room Tip: we did experience a problem with ants on the ground floor, which was quickly corrected by moving us...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Yeovil
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have just spent 4 nights at this hotel and have enjoyed every one, its ideally located just off I-10 on Baseline Road which makes it so easy to travel around the greater Phoenix area. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very friendly, one of the days we stayed there happened to be my wifes birthday and she had left some family cards she had been given on the bedside table, we came back in the evening to find a nice note from the housekeeping staff wishing her a happy birthday, that added to her great day. As a PC Club member we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice indeed and contained everything we needed including disposable plates and cutlery. The room was clean and well maintained, as was the rest of the hotel which also has the usual sized pool and spa which were very welcome after a day in the 100 plus degree heat. Next to the hotel in one direction is a well stocked CVS pharmacy which I was suprised to find had a good selection of beers in the coolers, in the other direction was a Claim Jumper hain restaurant and a Jacks Crab shack so dining is not a problem.
All in all a great location, hotel and staff, we will return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington state
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed three nights at this hotel. Loved how close it is to ASU! Check in was a breeze. Front desk staff was always friendly and willing to assist with directions. Breakfast area was always clean and well stocked. In fact, our family really enjoyed and appreciated the breakfast. Loved the feel of a small hotel but a big chain.

Thank you for making our stay in Tempe very enjoyable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family