In town for work and since most of my work revolved around ASU, I wanted to stay close so I could walk to campus. This holiday inn is about half a mile from the south east end of campus.
I didn't have a car in Tempe so was happy to see that the hotel offered complimentary local shuttle service, including airport pick-up and drop-off. I called the hotel after I arrived at the Phoenix airport and within 15 minutes I was on the shuttle heading to the hotel. In addition to using the shuttle for the airport, I also asked to be dropped off at ASU one morning because I was running late. The staff knows the ASU campus well and dropped me off close to the academic building I needed.
The hotel is your standard business hotel and I found most things to be satisfactory. The room was pretty spacious with a desk for work and the bed was comfortable. Bath & Body Works toiletries were provided, which was a nice surprise. Breakfast isn't gourmet, but eggs and meat were available each morning and that's all I needed.
A couple of things that could be improved upon:
* Wifi service on the 3rd floor wasn't very strong. I stayed 3 days and the most I got was 3 bars for wifi signal. For a business hotel, I think this is one thing that should be fixed right away, perhaps adding a second router on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
* Some towels were a little old and scratchy. Maybe it's time to upgrade some of the towels?
Overall the pluses outweighed the negatives and I would definitely stay here again should I be in Tempe again, for work or pleasure. Luis, one of the staff there, was super friendly and gave very good recommendations for local restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New in 2012, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe - University is exquisitely designed in modern styling. With convenient access to I-10, we are within walking distance to Arizona State University as well as the popular Mill Street District featuring a wide variety of shopping and restaurants. Guests will appreciate our close proximity to Tempe Town Lake, Tempe Market Street that has some of the well know names all in walking distance and the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. In addition we are located not to far from many corporate business such as Limelight networks, US Airways headquarters, Microsoft, Rockford Fosgate, Hybrid Designs, Quiktrip Division office, First Solar, and Salt River Project to name a few. Coming to town for Spring training? We are located closely to the ballfields. So the next time you are traveling to Tempe Arizona how about giving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University a try.We now have a complimentary shuttle that will run our guest to different venues within a certain mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Comfort Inn At Asu
- Comfort Inn Tempe
- Tempe Comfort Inn