“super comfy bed - great place to crash for the night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
boston, United States
“super comfy bed - great place to crash for the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were greeted with a nice warm cookie. Our room was very nice and the bed was super comfy! There was a large tv with many tv options. Our bathroom was very clean. We didn't have time to use the pool but, it was heated and there was a nice hot tub. I would have like to have used it. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Bonnie N-Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Tempe.

Ian Hawthorne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am a few months overdue for this review I admit but I still felt the need to write a review. My boyfriend came in town for almost a week in November. I found Doubletree and suggested we stay here since I stayed at one in California. I must say that I am so happy we decided to stay here because It is BEAUTIFUL! We had a standard pool view king room and it was huge and the bed is SO incredibly comfy. The pool area is so gorgeous with the palm trees surrounding it; especially at night. They have their own restaurant there called Milagros. My boyfriend and I both ordered burgers and fries... Holy Moley was it good =O
And I must say it is quite romantic at night. We sat outside and were able to eat by ourselves surrounded by twinkly lights.

Now, the reason why I gave it four stars was because of two reasons. The first reason being the bathroom needs updating still. Upon walking in the room and turning to the sink, it is beautiful! But when you enter the actual bathroom (obviously where the toilet and shower are) it is so tiny and to be quite frank old but it was not unbearable; I just wish the tub was bigger. The second reason is the jacuzzi was filthy. After taking a dip in the pool my boyfriend wanted to sit in the jacuzzi which is a bit away from the pool. The location of the jacuzzi is random but I also found it sweet and intimate. We soon realized entering the jacuzzi that it definitely was not cutesy time as there was so much dirt and bugs floating around in it. I might as well add that a staff member walked by a few times (same person each time) and it looked like someone who was possibly of a higher position. I was hoping they would check on us and ask how we were liking our dip but there was not contact at all. (Just food for thought, I promise I'm not a snob).

Even though there were two cons it was an overall amazing stay. The room was lovely, the staff was pleasant and the location is perfect. You're not far from restaurants, stores, the Improv (comedy club) and the freeway. Hope to stay here again one day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DMaria21_24,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your input as we constantly strive for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

mesa az, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

how many mistakes can it hide its the the picture of a burger and then getting the real thing what more can I say the staff was great but the rest ?????? what more can be said if I put out a product like that I would be standing on a corner with a cup it would take a lot for me to return here don't get me wrong the staff was great its just everything else someone has got lazy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Christopher,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in our offerings. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

tucson, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

couldn't use the toilet at 12:30 am, the water did not flush, also did not flush on the bath area. the service could not resolve the problem 100%. I report the problem again when I check out the hotel, supposedly they will call me next day but I did not receive any call, i had to call them and nobody know about my two reports that I place before. I do not recommend and/or stay in this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Jose,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Ian Hawthorne (ian.hawthorne@hilton.com)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This property is now a Hilton Brand Hotel. It is a very nice place to stay while in the Phoenix area, close to the airport and ASU. The hotel and restaurant staff are always very helpful and courteous. Business or pleasure it is a great value for any traveler.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Francis O,

Thank you for a perfect five out of five! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Tempe.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you are looking for a good value, this is it. If you are looking to be within walking distance to university or mill street, this is not it. The rooms are small and dark. You do not have to walk far from car to room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

nice\clean hotel, comfy beds, so quiet, nice black-out curtains....big hotel, lot's of rooms...not one complaint, great location by ASU, near airport,great place for spring training stay.....right of I-10 and broadway, close to shopping malls....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during spring training or the next time you are in town.

Ian Hawthorne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
South Mountain
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
MOXY Phoenix Tempe
#9 of 52 in Tempe

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe? Share your experiences!