“Great Customer Service!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great job Hilton for updating an already excellent resort. Have stayed here several times prior and are so pleased with our experience again. The front desk and wait staff (Pauline!) are more than ever expected. We had a couple of minor issues that were promptly corrected, what more can you ask for as stuff can n will happen. Kudos to a great transformation!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 33388TravelBug
Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

33388TravelBug-Thank you for a perfect 5 out of 5! We are glad that you've come back and experienced all the improvements we have made to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

What I liked most about this hotel was the employees!!!! The van picked me up at the airport within 5 minutes. The driver, Bob talked about the hotel, hours and the facility on the way back to the hotel.I was warmly greeted and given my key for the room quickly. The clerk, Rose recognized me as Hilton honors member. The room smelled new and temperature outside was 112 and inside the room was a cool 70. It was precooled. I had breakfast only once during my stay but the buffet was excellent, plenty of assortment and served hot. The lounge was arelaxed atmoshere with reasonable prices. Ami, bartender was nice to talk to and was always there. Nice hotel and the employees are the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Henry N

Henry N-Thank you for a perfect 5 out of 5! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

pros-
fast check in
friendly front desk staff
great room service the food was good
comfy bed

cons-
I was relocated to 3 different rooms all of the a/c units did NOT work! After my 3rd room I choose to just deal with a hot room and camp by the pool horrible night 116 degrees in AZ with no air!
There was food still on the floor I'm honestly not sure my room was cleaned.
Ghetto neighbors banging on the doors and fighting all hours of the night keep us awake. I can't believe this is a hilton, felt like a cheap motel.
uirne stains around the toliet and the bathtub did not drain.
I will never return and strongly suggest if you travel in the summer months avoid this place!

Room Tip: make sure your a/c unit works before you unpack!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachele F
Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Rachele F-Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have address the issues and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We would like to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is old and very average. I had to change rooms because the air conditioner in my room was blowing hot air. The next morning when I turned on the coffee maker, it apparently blew a fuse that turned off the coffee maker and my television. This hotel needs a makeover.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven S

Steven S-Thank you for taking the time out to review our property. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have address the issues and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We would like to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Room is more of a motel room tan a Doubletree. Beds were clean and comfortable but bathroom was a disappointment. Paint on ceiling was peeling and shower head was terrible. It was one of those air blowing water saving heads that work great in concept but not in reality, also shower head was falling out of the wall. Overall just average. Good for the night but maybe not again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay K
Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

jaykrigs-thank you for taking your time out to review our hotel. We are sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. We have to address the issues with our team and once again, thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the beds are very comfortable. Stayed here in the past for leisure travel and was very happy as well. Close to large mall and easy to find. Close to everything including airport and good restaurants. Great location!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Denise W-thank you for a perfect 5 out of 5! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is Arizona. It was hot. Walking to my room (the length of 33 rooms; I counted) felt like I was walking a mile. The service was poor. No one offered me a cookie or asked if I was a Hilton Honor's member and the water in the room wasn't even complimentary. Mind you the temperature was over 100 degrees. I was treated decently at checkout when I asked if my bag could be watched while I ate breakfast. Overall, I've had better stays at a Hilton and definitely at a Double Tree.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Foluke M
Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are sorry we did not have rooms closer to the lobby available at the time of your check-in and you had to walk to your room in the summer time heat. We hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive us. We hope to see you again soon.