“Fantasic Customer Service”

Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently had a wonderful customer service experience that I wanted to share. My fiancee travels frequently and she had one of those awful experiences where nothing went right so I knew she would arrive upset and stressed. I wanted to do something nice for her so I contacted the hotel and explained the situation. They immediately put me in touch with Jennifer Wolf in Guest Services. I emailed over a note that she printed and put in her room with a box of chocolates and later sent over a bottle of wine. That was truly above and beyond my expectations, and I know that we will stay there every time we return to Tempe.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for the 5 star review for The Buttes. Appreciate your feedback and time. Our team looks forward to future visits. Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a four day business meeting here. The hotel is just a few miles from the airport built around a couple of rock hills making an unusual layout. Staff were extremely attentive and rooms etc good. Two pools and several hot tubs, good restaurants and well equipped fitness room. Like most places in Phoenix you need a car to get anywhere but it is very convenient for the airport and at the same time relaxing. In an ideal world I would stay out of town but if you have to be close to centre then better than most.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are in two wings across the bridge which are a short walk and stairs/lifts but som...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete another great review for The Buttes. We appreciate your time and feedback. Our team looks forward to servicing your future stays here at The Buttes. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Short drive from the Phoenix airport. Interesting grounds set in the side of the red rocks. Swimming pool at the distance is nice, however upon closer look - both the pool and hot tubs are rather outdated. The view from half of the guest rooms are of a very busy and noisy highway! I felt like I was sleeping beside the highway - the highway traffic noise was sadly noticeable and the view was definitely not at all acceptable. When I asked for a room with a view of the pool and garden area, I was told that there are very few - (4 rooms) that actually have a pool view! This was very disappointing and luckily we were only booked for a one-night stay! The spa services were nice, but massage therapist was far too rough. The next day I felt beat up and sore! Breakfast buffet was very good. And Marriott bed was extremely comfortable!

Room Tip: Request a room NOT with the city view rather a view of the pool or rocks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobbIe1977

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our lovely resort. We take pride in being a small oasis in the middle of a very busy city. We do have rooms that are hit and miss with a view, however being built into the butte this is to be expected. We do our very best to provide rooms that will meet the needs of each guest. We have both resort side and city side rooms that can either be near the pool or farther away for those guests who would like more privacy and quietness. The uniqueness of the property speaks for itself and I am so sorry that you did not find it relaxing and convenient. We are always open for feedback to help us grow. Should you like please feel free to call the hotel and ask for me personally as I would gladly assist in personally booking a room that I think you would find very accommodating. Again sorry and thank you for your time.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed here before and is the most convenient to where I need to be. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The grounds are nicely kept. Great pool (not heated) and hot tubs. The spa is nice and no problem getting an appointment for a massage, facial, pedicure, etc. This hotel sits up on a hill which gives you a nice view of the mountains, downtown Phoenix, etc. One drawback is that you have to pay for parking and the rooms can be a bit pricey. Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a kind review in regards to your stay here at The Buttes. When you do visit again please look into our business and breakfast packages. You will find they included the parking, internet, and breakfast in the rate to avoid any extra charges. We do have specials most times as well that may be priced in the range in which you are expecting. When in doubt we are more than happy to personally assist in your booking needs to ensure the best rate and room possible. Again thank you for the review. We appreciate your time.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Buttes is a resort located a few kilometres (and a $16-20 taxi ride) from the Phoenix airport in a spectacular setting on one of those mountain peaks that dot the Valley of the Sun. Picture a resort in 3-D with lots of stepped paths, two swimming pools connected by a channel and at least four open air hot tubs that can only be reached by climbing stairs. Smoking is allowed at only one of the pools, a nice touch for those who don't like to be downwind from smokers. Although the rooms are accessible by elevator, this resort is not intended for those with limited mobility. Service is excellent. We found the quality and quantity of the food very good, but pricey. The buffet breakfast in the Market Cafe was very good and included excellent made-to-order omelets. Not all is perfect: wifi charges are high (in my view), the wifi signal in the rooms is weak, our room had a shower but no bath, and there is no easy access to public transportation. But, if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of modern life, have a spectacular view of the Phoenix area, and still be within striking distance of the PHX airport, this place is hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We wanted to Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind review in regards to your stay here at The Buttes. When you do visit again please look into our business and breakfast packages. You wll find they included the parking, internet, and breakfast in the rate to avoid any extra charges. We do offer complementary wifi in our main lobby and lobby bar areas as well. Thank you again for the review and stay. We look forward to being your destination when staying in The Valley of the Sun.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Anytime I am in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, I make it a point to stay at the Buttes. This unique property has interesting architecture, great pools, excellent service and food, and the best views in town. The breakfast buffet is well executed, especially the service. This was my first time getting a spa service (massage), and I enjoyed every minute of it. As others have mentioned, the employees at the Buttes go above and beyond the call of duty. This has been the case for the 4 times I have stayed here. I look forward to my next visit.

The property is spread out and on multi-levels. This is makes the architecture and views unique; however, if you have mobility concerns, this could be a challenge.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, you might want to select a room that does not face the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dczerkle
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review for the Buttes Marriott. Your time and patronage is very much appreciated. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The views offered from this property of the surrounding valley during sunrise and sunset are stunning and peaceful. I stayed three nights recenly and was very impressed with the overall maintenance of the facility. It is a real job to keep a place as large as this clean and neat. But what impressed me most was the very consistent cheerful, polite, helpful attitudes of all the staff I came in contact with. When I return to Phoenix I will always stay here. Convienent to the airport and easy to get around Tempe and Phoenix from it's location. The food at their Market Cafe, Lobby Cafe and Top of The Rock is excellent. But there are several local food choices not far from the property, as well as national chains e.g. Schlotzsky's, Subway. You will need to walk to get around. But that's part of the fun of this property. It's great to get a small workout going to and from a meal. The pool area is designed so that there is plenty of room to find just that isolated spot for yourself to feel comfortable and relaxed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are reffered to as resort side and they cost just a little more.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dguff

We thank you for another 5 star review for the Buttes Marriott. We do our best to provide the friendliest service and cleanest hotel in the Valley. We look forward to future visits. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
AC Hotel Phoenix Tempe/Downtown
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
#53 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes? Share your experiences!