“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes

Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2000 W Westcourt Way, Tempe, AZ 85282-1005 (Formerly Wyndham Buttes Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at The Buttes while I was in Phoenix for business April 30 - May 5 and it was just wonderful. The grounds and pools are beautiful, well maintained and very relaxing! The staff was all very friendly and went out of their way to be kind and courteous. Employees like Jose (Engineering), Matt and Adam (and all the others I dealt with at the Front Desk) and Randall and Cathryn (Poolside Servers) were very personable and professional and really made a "nice difference" in our stay.

The patio rooms are nice - just wish they had these rooms with a king. Other than that, everything at the resort was just fantastic, especially all the great employees we encountered throughout the week. Thank you all!

Stayed May 2012
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience here at The Buttes. We appreciate your stay and even more the recognition of the staff. We take pride in having the friendliest staff and cleanest hotel in the valley. Thank again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This was my second stay and review for this hotel. Last time I stayed for business and said I wanted to come back and bring my family. . . well I did. . for a Spring Break trip. We stayed 5 nights in Apr 2012 and had a wonderful time. Our room was on the first floor and had a patio which opened up and provided a direct access to the pool. Would have enjoyed queen beds instead of the doubles. The pool area was a big hit with my 9 year old. Great slide with attendant kept him busy all afternoon. Luckily it does close sometimes or we never would have gotten him to come eat. Poolside cocktails and plenty of loungers made for a relaxing time. Also I visited the spa and had one of the best messages ever. Small spa but very nice menu of treatments offered. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Gets busy on the weekends and certain things run low, but they replenish if you have a bit of patience. Beautiful views from the pool area, top of the rock restuarant and lounge and you can do a short hike up to the butte. Very well-maintained property. Also enjoyed shopping in the gift shop. Beautiful southwest jewelry! The location was great for our numerous day trips. We visited the Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin West home and took a tour there, went to the Wrigley Mansion, Raw Hide Western Town at Wild Horse Pass, the Desert Botanical Gardens .. all were great. Also visited a Tuscan shopping village in Scottsdale but not many stores were open yet, went to a nice restaurant with a selection of tequila. Dont miss the local steakhouse Stockyard. We had a fabulous meal there and it was very close to the hotel. What an awesome Spring Break trip. We will be back.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly. They were very helpful to understand the differences in rooms. Our poolside...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for leaving such a beautiful review about The Buttes. You touched on every piece of beauty and fun that we have. Even better your description of all the fun stuff in the area to do around us is even more helpful. We love a little oasis here and we are so happy that you enojyed your stay with us during business and for your family vacation. Thank you.
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I always chose the Buttes Marriott when I am in Phoenix and have been for over 10 years. It is located close to the businesses of Tempe and Chandler that I need to visit. It's an easy 10 mins. from the Airport. When you get the time, the pools and walking trails are great and the city views from the rooms and restaurant are spectacular. Also, if you can bring your family along, it is a perfect base for them to have some fun while you are working.

The Buttes is top knotch and the Marriott brand has brought some great details.

Room Tip: Ask for resort view to get walk-out pool access.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
10 years of loyalty here at The Buttes - THANK YOU! We absolutely appreciate your patronage, and even more your time you took to share your feedback on our property. We look forward to continuing our relationship. Many thanks from the team here at The Buttes.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

It was my first time at the Buttes, but it won't be the last. The valet staff was extremely helpful with getting my bearings of the facility upon arrival. The Top of the Rock restaurant had a small menu, but what they did have was excellent. Rooms are clean and quiet and close to Sky Harbor Airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the response. We appreciate your stay and will share with our teams your satisfaction with their services. Thank you and we look forward to future visits.
Bloomington IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Buttes is everything that you expect from a Marriott business hotel plus some nice bonuses. The view from the restaurant and lobby both daytime and nighttime is one of the best in the Valley of the Sun. It is situated at one of the highest points with views in all directions. There are few places in the Phoenix area to get this kind of urban view. The resort is located adjacent to I-10 yet somehow you have the feeling of exclusive isolation that most people like in a resort. Despite its isolation, it is still convenient to attractions in Tempe, Phoenix, and Scottsdale. The pools are very nice as is the layout of the resort. The rooms are large, comfortable and well-designed for business travellers. I gave the resort a high value number because of a very nice rate that my company had under contract.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the response. Thank you for sharing your experience here and the beautiful views that we enjoy here on top of our little mountain. Thank you again and we look forward to future visits.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I'm an avid business traveler & Marriott is my second home. So when I getaway for personal relaxation certain amenities are required. The Buttes has a great pool oasis, breathtaking views, pleasant staff, nice rooms and close to nightlife. Plus a year ago I had all my wedding guests stay here & they all were raving fans. My husband, I & another couple just stayed again for a 1 yr anniversary/birthday celebration. The Marriott family at the Buttes is great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing The Buttes as your place to celebrate. We appreciate your patronage and even more your time for sharing your wonderful experience. Thank you again.
Newton Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was recently in Phoenix on business and had the pleasure of staying at The Buttes/Marriott Resort. Not only was the hotel close to the airport (which was convenient) the property was amazing, the people were outstanding, and the room was beautiful. I would recommend the property to business associates and family as well when going to Phoenix. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer! I look forward to returning to this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing The Buttes for your stay here in the Phoenix Tempe area. We are sorry too that you couldn't stay longer but we look forward to you staying here again in the future. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
South Mountain
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South

Been to Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes? Share your experiences!