“Rooms opened onto a Heated Pool with a bar. Heaven? Pretty much.”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Phoenix, Arizona
“Rooms opened onto a Heated Pool with a bar. Heaven? Pretty much.”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We made reservations online, arrived early to find our rooms ready, incredibly comfortable and clean, and they had doors that opened to the heated pool and dual spas. There was a bar open at the pool for drinks, and food could be ordered and delivered to your cabana. I would like to tell you about the meeting facilities, but the pool was so nice that we just did our business meeting outside while getting some sun and a few well mixed cocktails. No stay is absolutely perfect, but the only complaint we could come up with is that the freshly made ceviche that was a special of the evening, and very tasty, needed more of those awesome chips served with it. Seriously, that's the only possible complaint we could come up with. Everything was that good. The staff was wonderful, we all had a great time, and I will definitely be going back!

2 Thank Vesalius2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Ontario
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here with 2 friends, one of whom competed in the Ironman.

Positives
- free Wifi
- located within walking distance of the race, as well as many restaurants
- the man at the concierge desk was very helpful when we asked him about going to the local mall; he tried to get us a shuttle ride but they were very busy that day, and suggested we take a cab or the free shuttle service offered by the local transit system
- room was clean and didn't look outdated
- shuttle drivers to and from the airport were friendly and knowledgable about the area

Negatives
- price for the breakfast buffet seemed kind of high
- the one elevator was super slow

Actually, I can't think of too many negatives. It was a bit pricey IMO, but we figured it was because it was the host hotel for the Ironman. But it was very centrally located to everything, and checking in/out went without a hitch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank VirL
San Francisco
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for Ironman Arizona.
The breakfast charged $14.00 for the buffet. The potatoes and eggs in the buffet are terrible. Potatoes are the worst. Gross spices.
Way overpriced.
My friend did the Ironman and the next day we needed to take her immediately to the hospital 2 miles away and the shuttle would not give us a ride. Can you imagine? There are plenty of hotels nearby that will give you shuttle rides anywhere in the area. But, these guys DONT. They are not accommodating, especially when you need to go to the hospital ASAP. Then, we asked for a cab and a car service showed up and said it was $15 flat fee. I didnt ask for a non-metered cab. SO FRUSTRATING.
I would pick a hotel that has a better shuttle service and more cheerful front desk staff.
My friend ended up having a broken leg and we asked if we could move her check out time from 2:00pm to 4:00pm (when her flight left) and they said no. She has a broken leg and was in a wheelchair! Can you believe it?
Not cool at all.
They charge $5.00 to use the computer, $1 to print a page. Give me a break?!!
Pick another hotel with better customer service.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank fogcitytraveler
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to return. Was there for a 4 day transplant conference. The stay was SO WONDERFUL and the conf room chairs were completely adjustable - heigth, lumbar support, arm rests, etc. Made the meetings so much more pleasant. And the snack rooms!!! Our conference was assigned a dedicated snack room full of everything you could imagine to snack on the entire length of each daily session - From cappucino to hot chocolate to tea, all various bottled waters, juices, sodas, etc. Every known potato chip brand, snack sized candy, beef jerky, bagels, a toaster, peanut butter, cream cheese, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc., amazing! I took pictures of everything to send back to my office to make everyone jealous. (It worked!) The lunches and dinners were great and I had the best fresh grilled lamb chops I have ever had. The dinners / lunches were inside / outside so you can choose where to sit. The weather was lovely since it was October. The hotel surrounds a protected inner courtyard with a double sided fireplace. The grounds are beautiful and very clean. All the staff go out of their way to help you. There is a dedicated computer in the lobby pre-loaded with all the airline's direct websites with a dedicated printer for boarding passes. Walking distance of TONS of restaurantts and stores and the university. The concierge had preprinted directions on how to take local buses to all the malls and outlets. A group of us did that and it was way more fun than the usual taxi rides we take when on business trips. We felt very safe as 2 female travelers. Our rooms were nicely appointed and the bath products smelled great. We also felt very secure and safe as we walked around the local shops and restaurants. We can't wait to return!

1 Thank OonaghBurke
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We have stayed many times at the Tempe Mission Palms. The location is perfect for any destination in Phoenix. The staff is always available and friendly ...They go well beyond the extra mile in their concerns for their visitors.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I hadn't realized how good service and cleanliness had become so unexpected until I stayed five nights at the Tempe Mission Palms. The hotel, which literally is next to Sun Devil Stadium, was striking in the friendliness and attentiveness of its staff and the cleanliness and freshness of its rooms. The grounds are lovely, the beds were perfect and the staff were out-of-their-way helpful. A Mission Palms room-service dinner was one of the best I had in Tempe. Everything was top notch and when one of my group had a family emergency to deal with, the Front Desk staff were compassionate and made her early departure as smooth as possible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Delaware
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I loved staying here. The beds were great. The rooms were very clean. The carpet must have been new because I felt I could even walk on the floor in my socks! Looking out of my 4th floor room, I could view the beautiful courtyard. The breakfast buffet is $13.95, but worth it, with alot of variety and delicious too. If you don't have a car, you can walk right around the corner to Mill Ave., where you can find all kinds of food. While my husband attended his conference, I walked a block to the very nice bus station and for $3.50, caught a bus down to Arizona Mills Mall for the day. Once you are within the walls of this hotel, it is a very calm, serene location. I loved it!

1 Thank delgal