“Nice resort for business!”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I attended a conference in May at the Tempe Mission Palms. The hotel was nice, clean and setup perfectly for the business function I attended. The breakfast and lunch buffet was very nice and much better than anyone expected, as was the little snack hut offering all sorts of treats and beverages for conference attendees. The location is great as there are many restaurants in walking distance and it is not far from the airport. The fitness center was large enough and looks out over the pool area. The pool is located on the rooftop and is very nice, although it closed sooner than our group would have liked. By the time we were out of the conference, to dinner and back to the pool for a bit of relaxation, it was nearly time for it to close which was disappointing. Overall, I had a great stay and hope to return for a future function!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TempeMissionP, Owner at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Travel_Lovin_Lady,

Thank you for your review of Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel and conference facilities. The snack hut is my favorite feature of our conference center as well, and I’m glad you took advantage of it. We look forward to hosting your group again in the future, and thank you again for the review.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Loved this place. Used it to drop off our freshman son to ASU and it was perfect. The location is central to ASU, with the entire campus (including Mill Ave and Sun Devil Stadium) within walking distance. The staff is gracious, and the grounds are clean and beautiful. Refrigerator (NOT mini bar where you have to get rid of all the for-pay stuff) and safe included. We'll be back to Tempe to visit our son and we'll stay again for sure. Extra thanks to Nicole at the front desk for accommodating us.

Room Tip: Try not to front on Mill or 4th.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in Tempe. Always enjoy the rooftop pool after hiking the ASU hill. The restaurant is great with delicious food and there is a nice bar on site also. The courtyard is beautiful. The rooms are very pleasant. Being in the desert, it is a necessity to have a refrigerator in our room and we always have it stocked with our water. It is located in a great area that is busy with restaurants, shops, nightlife and ASU campus within site but we have never had a problem with outside noise. The staff bends over backwards to accommodate their guests. My husband first stayed here on a business trip and we have used it ever since for ourselves and occasionally as a family. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We personally enjoy the courtyard view rooms. Absolutely beautiful setting.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Michael T
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Michael T,

Thank you for visiting Tempe Mission Palms and for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to be your hotel of choice when visiting Tempe! Thank you for recognizing our hard working staff, and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms hotel three times. Each time has been for 3-6 days. It is decorated beautifully! I love, love, love the bathrooms. There is a small space outside of the bathroom with an armoire. They also leave practical snacks that a traveler would be likely to actually WANT when they first arrive....like trail mix. The beds are very comfortable, and they give you lots of pillows. Each time I have been there was for either training or a conference that was hosted at the hotel. I would spend my evenings in my room studying, so it was nice that they have such great room service with awesome food. This is one of the only hotels that I actually get excited about going back to! Also, when you are there for training you will see the awesome open air courtyard. During breaks you have the option of going in the coolest little "hut" where they have just about anything to eat you can think of. I've NEVER had such good break food/snacks anywhere else I've traveled for training. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Very easy access to campus especially the north west parts. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Nice way to help you feel better the first time you drop your student off to start at ASU. Staff is awesome and friendly. Rooms are pleasant with some upgrades. Beds r a little small. Free valet is great for out of Towners to get back and forth with dorm errands.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DCali2011

Dear DCali2011,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Tempe Mission Palms when visiting ASU. I was glad to hear you had a pleasant experience at our hotel while getting your student ready for the upcoming school year. We hope to be your hotel of choice when you come to visit your student, as we think of the ASU families that stay with us as part of our own Tempe Mission Palms family. Thank you for staying with us, and go Sun Devils!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I loved this hotel. I initially travelled there for a convention and ended up staying a few extra days. I thought there was plenty to do locally but if you needed more adventure, Diane their concierge could find you alot more to experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great hotel with a beautiful setting. I loved the location close to all the shops and restaurants. I would stay here again!

My complaint is that the staff were not very friendly and didn't go out of their way to be helpful. There is also a lot of street noise on the weekends, I had to use earplugs.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends