“Great location and service”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed March 2, 2014

First time in Tempe for recent training. The Mission Palms was comfortable and perfectly situated. The location allowed for easy access to shopping and restaurants during breaks and in the evening. Two restaurants we enjoyed in easy walking distance were Cafe Boa and Z'Tejas Southwestern Grille. Meeting rooms were comfortable, good seating and AV. The pool provided a welcome break and drinks and food were available poolside. I would come back for business or pleasure.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Jen E,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy our convenient downtown Tempe location during your breaks. We look forward to having you stay with us when you come back to Tempe, whether it you are here again for business, or leisure travel!

Ken McKenzie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent two nights here for a business meeting in Tempe. I was impressed. It is really well set-up for meetings. My favorite was the small "refreshment room" in the courtyard reserved for our group. I was not paying for this, but bet it was expensive. Regardless, it was awesome. They put different snacks into the room depending on time of day. Highly recommended. The room was good, but for some reason, cleaning crew never came. I was not in the room at all during the day, no privacy sign, nothing - they just never came. No idea why, but with just two nights, it did not matter much. The elevator in the main entrance of the hotel also was quite dysfunctional, everyone was complaining that it did not work well (4th floor button never lit and it often skipped the 2nd floor) + only the left elevator was working, which led to huge crowds and long waiting. Could not find the steps or I would have went that way. Parking was not too bad, self was around the corner on a side street, but ample and no issues for me. I would recommend this place, but hope the elevator and cleaning issues are not systemic.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed for a week on business & I wish I could have stayed longer. Great location. Reasonable priced, nice large rooms. My room overlooked a hill/mountain but as I mentioned I was there for business, not to daydream out the window. I also enjoyed the bar in the lobby. Great spinach dip. Prime location made it easy to walk & explore down town Tempe for my first time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have been staying there now for about 5 years either on thanksgiving or summer never a bad experience. Always recommend to anyone i know going to Tempe. Love he downtown district. Mission palms is perfect for walking to the restaurants. Several places to eat and shop. ASU sun devils is next to hotel. Might get lucky and see a football game if u go when its season. Pool area awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear mimi1275,
We appreciate that you are a loyal Tempe Mission Palms guest! Thank you for always choosing us when you come to visit on Tempe, and we are grateful that you recommend us to your friends and family. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Ken McKenzie

Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you have a group utilizing the Mission Palms be sure to scrutinize the Room Attrition clauses. Our group was actually denied rooms because the hotel was filled, but later charged for rooms our group did not use when there were open rooms on the night of our event. So... watch the room attrition clauses in your contract and stay in contact with them constantly, at least more than we apparently did to monitor room openings on a continuing basis.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have used Tempe Mission Palms for 10+ years for hosting meetings and programs. This one-of-a-kind hotel continutes to provide outstanding service to my groups. The staff is a pleasure to work with in all areas of the hotel, especially the conference concierge. Their level of services continues to exceed all expectations. Great location in downtown Tempe! I highly recommend this hotel for group meetings.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My friends and I have stayed here several times when we party in Tempe. I love this hotel! It is beautiful and the staff is always nice. We recently stayed on New Year's Eve and got an updated room, I have included pictures. The room was awesome! The location could not be more convenient. It is located in the heart of Tempe.

Room Tip: I always take any room they give me. But the time, we had a room that overlooked the fountain and ma...