“Groups Beware”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you have a group utilizing the Mission Palms be sure to scrutinize the Room Attrition clauses. Our group was actually denied rooms because the hotel was filled, but later charged for rooms our group did not use when there were open rooms on the night of our event. So... watch the room attrition clauses in your contract and stay in contact with them constantly, at least more than we apparently did to monitor room openings on a continuing basis.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have used Tempe Mission Palms for 10+ years for hosting meetings and programs. This one-of-a-kind hotel continutes to provide outstanding service to my groups. The staff is a pleasure to work with in all areas of the hotel, especially the conference concierge. Their level of services continues to exceed all expectations. Great location in downtown Tempe! I highly recommend this hotel for group meetings.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My friends and I have stayed here several times when we party in Tempe. I love this hotel! It is beautiful and the staff is always nice. We recently stayed on New Year's Eve and got an updated room, I have included pictures. The room was awesome! The location could not be more convenient. It is located in the heart of Tempe.

Room Tip: I always take any room they give me. But the time, we had a room that overlooked the fountain and ma...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms last weekend and it was gorgeous. If you're from out of town, and it's winter, you'll be over the moon. Indoor/outdoor lobby area, nice rooms, BEAUTIFUL gardens. Of course, the main attraction will be its proximity to Mill Ave. Walked to Rula Bula for dinner and drinks, and then to House of Tricks the next night for the best steak of my life.

The customer service was amazing! I live in town but went there to work for the weekend. I was a little distracted by the bars, but otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel to out of towners looking to escape the cold!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2014

When we are in Tempe AZ there's no other place we would stay Mission Palms has great atmosphere wonderful employees. Truly a great place to stay hands down the best. It's in the heart of Tempe right near everything. The employees are the utmost friendliest I've ever encountered. We are completely satisfied with the restaurants the decor I could go on forever.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stay in hotels of all calibers from 2- 5 depending upon the trip. I am not a finicky guest, my expectations are not normally very high. I was staying over night in the area (Location is great) before flying out. Did not want much from a hotel. Normally I do basic airport hotels but saw this on sale and thought Id spend a bit more and get something nicer.

I spent more. and it was not really nicer than the three stars in the area.

Moreover, the woman at the front desk was downright curt and unpleasant. But we know that can be one person on a bad night?

Either way, not a bad place but definitely not worth the upgrade as compared to other, less expensive hotels in the area.

wifi was maddening

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear mrblack,

Thank you for feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the behavior of our front desk associate, as this is not typical of our staff. I will be sure that we bring your comments to our staff, so that we can improve our customer service. In addition, we are currently working on improving our high speed wireless connectivity, and upgrading to the speed you deserve. We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience.

Ken McKenzie

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Room was fine, no problem with this. The breakfast was another story. Firstly, if you choose to sit outside on the patio, you feel like you are in a prison as you are surrounded on all four sides by very tall walls of the hotel. I ordered coffee and toast. The toast was mildly warm and tasted like something they bought at the dollar store down the street. The coffee was barely warm. I asked my waitress for some hotter coffee. She must have been as dumb as a box of rocks because when she brought it back, it was scalding hot. She must have simply put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. Needless to say, her tip was a big fat zero. Hotel is located close to everything but really you just feel like you are in the middle of a concrete jungle. Never again.

Room Tip: Ask to be far away from the water fountain. If not, the splashing of the water will keep you awake...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear JB1989

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our Mission Grille restaurant. I want to take this opportunity to apologize, and communicate that we are taking actions to eliminate the problems you mentioned. It is our goal to provide every guest with the highest level of quality service and hospitality. I can assure you that after hearing about your specific occurrence we will make the necessary adjustments to ensure that neither yourself, nor any other guest will encounter the same experience.

Thank you again for telling us about your experience. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services.

Ken McKenzie