“Very Nice Place!”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
“Very Nice Place!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was a very nice hotel. The place was very clean, and my room was cleaned well, and the food was excellent in Harry's Place and the Mission Grille. Also the conference rooms were also very nice, and the snack bar that we had available to us for breakfast and snack throughout the day had many choices, lots of good food and drinks. I also used the pool and that was very well taken care of. I really have only good thingss to say about my stay.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was very quiet and I did not notice any outside noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear MaryAnn,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Tempe Mission Palms. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities for your conference. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travel brings you back to Tempe.
Ken McKenzie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I liked this hotel. Free Drink upon check in - Great location, expensive parking and somewhat stylish rooms. Looks like a converted hotel though. I'd say this is more of a business hotel than anything, but If I came back to Tempe (not sure why) I'd stay here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I had to attend a two day conference at Tempe Mission Palms, so I decided to stay the night. I wished I could have stayed longer! I had an awesome room, great food and the front desk staff were awesome.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jebvixxen
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place is amazing. Pool and fitness on the roof, beautiful courtyard, great food and reasonably priced drinks at the bar. The location is a definite plus. Right at Mill Ave. but yet never heard a noise at night. The location is a bonus, but the hotel sets itself apart from the rest. The hotel itself is great, but the employees are beyond awesome. I was there for a business trip and I never needed to google anything. The employees were always eager to help. They drove me places and explained anywhere I wanted to walk to. I never opened a door for myself. They were so polite and always had smiles on their faces. I love this place and I will definitely be back the next time I have business in Tempe or Phoenix!

Room Tip: The pool and fitness center is 2nd floor. If you can get 2nd floor, poolside it would be the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mindi M,
Thank you for recommending Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your recognition of our hard working staff, and we were happy to hear that you were treated so well. We are looking forward to your next stay with us when you come back to the Phoenix/Tempe area - business or vacation!
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place was very nice, ppl were great, room service burgers were amazing, room was perfect (central AC) with a comfy bed and a nice size tv, shower was good and being 65ft from Mill Ave was a perk for sure, will be staying here again soon :) I also saw many family's enjoying thr roof top pool and resturant, so all in all, a great place to stay for all :)

• Stayed August 2013
Karlstad, Sweden
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Quite frequently go to Tempe to visit ASU. Mission Palms is very conveniently located and you don't need a car to get around. Given this I would recommend to stay at the hotel. The rooms are nice but some locations in the hotel can be quite noisy. If you can ask for a room high up and if possible towards the mountain side. Also, years of wear and tear does show; it can use a face lift. Breakfasts are nice and the bar is also OK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Anders_Gu,
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at Tempe Mission Palms. We were happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, and we thank you for recommending our hotel. You will be glad to know that we continually renovate our property each year, and we are sure you will appreciate the changes you see during your next visit. Thanks again for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The only reason I give it a 2 is because they removed the "resort fee" from my hotel bill. This hotel was quite awful. When I walked in, there was a musty smell that permeated the lobby. It felt like I was breathing recycled air from an airplane. My room was large, but it was in great need of an overhaul. I went to the hotel restaurant to eat dinner- there were 3 people in the restaurant- I ordered one thing on the menu. I waited for 45 minutes before a server even asked if I was doing okay. i waited another 15 minutes for my meal. I'm not a picky eater, but this was completely inedible. I took 2 bites and gave up. They offered to bring me another meal, but at this point it was 10pm... so I declined. It was clear there was MAYBE 1 person working in the kitchen.

The walls were paper thin. When I arrived in my room, I heard kids wailing next door. They didn't want to go to bed (I could hear everything going on). Then, at about 3am I was jolted out of bed by very loud noises in the hall. Next I heard security, then I heard more noises in the hall. I could not believe how thin the walls were. I am a very heavy sleeper... so this was a surprise.

The bathrooms are nothing to write home about and the beds were average.

Additionally, there was a napkin shoved into my peephole in my room. it was an unusually large peephole, but the napkin was a weird touch.

For all the folks that say this place is amazing.. I'm really truly wondering if we stayed at the same hotel. I've stayed at AMAZING places in the Phoenix area.. some of my favorite hotels are there- so I was very surprised to hear this is considered a great hotel.

The only pro is that it's an ideal location if your are visiting/working ASU.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jessica 2830,
Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay here at Tempe Mission Palms. I want to take this opportunity to apologize and communicate that we are taking actions to eliminate the problems you mentioned.

It is our goal to provide every guest with the highest level of quality service and hospitality. We would like to assure you that your undisturbed sleeping comfort is of the utmost importance to us. I can assure you that after reading your comments, we will do our best to make the necessary adjustments to ensure that neither yourself, nor any other guest will encounter the same experience.

I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it. Thank you again for your review.