“Great Location!”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Springfield, Missouri
“Great Location!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tempe Mission Palms was a luxury hotel at a reasonable rate. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and updated, and the LOCATION to Tempe's nightlife could not be beat! We were able to walk to every location we wanted to and just walked back to the hotel at the end of the night! Not having to worry about driving a car or paying for parking was awesome. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Tempe Mission Palms is in the heart of Tempe. It was within walking distance of great shopping and wonderful restaurants. I attended this hotel for a conference and the staff was more than accommodating and did everything possible to make my stay there a perfect one! The rooftop pool was a refreshing treat for those 100+ degree days. My room overlooked the beautiful courtyard where I so comfortably ate delicious breakfasts each morning. I cannot say enough about this gem of a hotel!!! It was a true pleasure to spend five days there. I will definitely return!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Tempe Mission Palms, and had a wonderful experience. Staff members were outstanding - friendly, helpful, and responsive. Room was lovely. Pool was great. Overall this was a fabulous place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was at the Tempe Mission Palms for a conference and found the location very convenient to both the airport (they have a shuttle but a taxi ride is only ~$20) and a wide array of restaurants of varying types. I didn't feel the need to rent a car as a result. I wasn't there to visit Arizona State University, but it was rock-throwing distance away from the hotel and so would be convenient for that as well.

The staff was very welcoming and showed an interest in our conference, which struck me as unusual even though the conference has been held there for many years. I don't generally find apparent interest in most hospitality staffs: politeness, yes, but not active interest. It is a nice touch.

The rooms are unremarkable but perfectly fine. The courtyard in the center of the hotel is pleasant in the early morning hours (I was there in May, so the charm wore off a bit as the heat of the day came on).

The only complaint I have isn't really directed at the hotel. There were some roaming, loud nitwits that awoke me several nights. When I mentioned this to the hotel staff in a customer satisfaction survey, they took an immediate and commendable interest, but really, what can the management do in the twenty seconds that people walk from the elevator to their rooms and speak too loudly? I expect I would not have a similar issue on another visit…unless the loudmouths are part of our own conference, of course...

Room Tip: The elevators are at the front center and rear center of the hotel, and it can be a long walk if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2013 for my company’s national sales meeting. I thought that everything was excellent- the room, the facilities and the hotel in general. As part of our meetings, breakfast and lunch were available on site and the service was as good as it could be with such a large group. All in all, the hotel and the services provided were first rate.
I also loved the fact that you were a very short walk from many excellent restaurants and the Tempe “night life”. The hotel’s location is perfect! This hotel is not inexpensive but here “you get what you pay for”! I recommend the Tempe Mission Palms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my 5th stay. I love the convenience to mill avenue, access from room to pool and self serve coffe in the restaurant in the morning. We brought my small dog this trip and had a blast. See you this fall

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Everything was first class and special. An excellent business hotel. The presentations of their breaks were excellent. I love the boardroom chairs in the ballroom, very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful with excellent choices. The courtyard is particularly lovely. A great place to hang out, after or during the meetings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TempeMissionP, Alison Brooks, Social Media Coordinator at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Gregoryfk,
We just wanted to thank you for reviewing Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor, and we were very glad to hear you enjoyed our facility and food during your recent meeting. We hope you are able to visit us again soon, whether it be for business or leisure, and thanks again!
Alison Brooks, Social Media Coordinator