Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms are spacious and the hotel is laid out beautifully. The courtyard is just gorgeous and every time we go there I love just sitting outside of this gorgeous place. The conference rooms are all nicely decorated and the staff is always attentive. A major bonus is all that is within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Perfect spot to hold business meetings! Located in the heart of downtown Tempe, this property provides excellent facilities and the food is excellent. Free valet parking & they provide free shuttle service to the airport. Once you are there, all the restaurants & night life spots are in walking distance.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Tempe Mission Palms is perfectly located in Downtown Tempe. Shops, restaurants and ASU are within walking distance. The hotel seems to be recently updated and clean. My room had a courtyard view with a door that could be opened to let in fresh air. The staff is pleasant. The food that I had at the cafe and for our conference was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TempeMissionP, Alison Brooks, Social Media Coordinator at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and the food at your conference. Again, we appreciate the five star review, and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was three days at a business conference that focused on utility poles, so the expectations were limited and generally exceeded.

I try to evaluate on a curve, and this place meets its expectations effortlessly. Staff are efficient and friendly and facilities are first rate. In looking back on the visit, I'd have to say I didn't interact much with the staff or notice much in the way of details- but that's because I literally had no problems or issues and that's the way its supposed to be, isn't it? They were so good I didn't notice they were there.

As for the conference facilities, again, a solid performance- meeting expectations for what a place like this should provide.

The only bump I had related to the cost associated with using the business center. I wanted to print out a contract to review with some others and the charge to print was a dollar a page- not good with a 50 page document. I could have bought a printer at Best Buy for the price of using the business center and the other charges were not much better, Staff was willing to help and very competent, but I couldn't justify the cost. Not sure what the business plan is for them, but it was beyond my limit.

But look, if you are staying here, you are close to stupid if you are concentrating on the business center, there's a great pool 50 feet away and a bar around the corner! Great location, helpful staff, nice facilities.

1  Thank Tacobender
Reviewed September 24, 2012

we came into the Tempe. Area for a football game at ASU...the location was fabulous and we were able to walk everywhere..shops, restaurants, etc. The bar had good food and we were pleased with the rooms. I would definitely stay there again if I needed to be in the Tempe area.

Room Tip: we overlooked the garden, not the street
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
TempeMissionP, Social Media Coordinator at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We appreciate your recent review posted on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a great experience, and enjoyed our convenient location. We hope you stay with us again next time you are in the Tempe area - thank you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here while visiting Arizona to attend my cousins ASU graduation. I'm definitely glad that I chose Tempe Mission Palms! Everything about it was perfect and it made my time in Arizona that much more luxurious. Our room was great and the bed was very comfortable, which made for a great quality sleep. The pool was just what we needed and had a great view as well! The only time I ate at the hotel was for the breakfast buffet and let me say that it was amazing!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
TempeMissionP, Alison Brooks, Social Media Coordinator at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We appreciate your review posted on TripAdvisor! Thank you for staying with us, and we are glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast buffet. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in Tempe!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

After many years of traveling to the Tempe area, I found myself at the Tempe Mission Palms hotel downtown. this place is elegant, has great service and wonderful rooms.
The pool area is nice but while I was there it was almost unused.
There are dozens of restaurants and shops within a couple of blocks of the place.