“Worst Stay at a Choice Hotels”

Ramada Tempe Near ASU
Ranked #45 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Boulder
“Worst Stay at a Choice Hotels”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Extended Stay but no dishes? Internet never worked the entire time we were there. Front desk not accommodating. Said they were dog friendly but they aren't. Room old and tired. Breakfast was $3.50 and staff member was asleep at a table. Need I say more? We checked out after one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DianeRatings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

this hotel is NOT near old town. it is a 45 minute- hour walk into old town. there is a bus stop right by the hotel and it's only 3.50 for a day pass, which you can get from the neighbouring grocery store. bus ride is only a 10 minute ride into old town. go to Los Olivos restaurant on 2nd. BEST FOOD EVER!!!!

hotel breakfast is NOT worth the $3.50. go to dunkin donuts right next door. much better.

wouldn't walk around at night unless my husband was with me. the hotel offers extended stay for people who can not afford rent, so some clientele is questionable.

because we pre paid for the hotel for a week thru orbits, we were NOT on the daily room cleaning for some reason. we had to repeatedly ask for more towels and cups.

neighbouring rooms were quiet. no problem with noise.

bed was comfy and room was clean upon arrival. shower was awesome!! great spray!!!

the pool is nice but you have to get your chair early because it gets busy by 10-11.

we would probably not stay here again, not because of the service or the hotel per se but because it's far from old town where we like to hang out.

will book thru orbitz tho. they were FANTASTIC!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myhusbandiselvis
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here in October 2012 for about a month and it was nice. Housekeeping was efficient and the rooms were nice. They also had a weekly rate for extended stays which was nice. The BBQ grills were all broken but that isn't a horrible issue. in December, they added Suburban Extended Stay to part of the hotel. I just stayed there again on Jan 25th and was there for 3 weeks. They did not allow me to stay in the Suburban side, because I have cats. I was told that the Suburban side was NOT pet-friendly. I counted 3 rooms where they had dogs on the Suburban side, so when I inquired I was told that guests sneak the dogs in and when they find out they just charge for the animal. Then I asked the manager, Misty, why I was seeing so many dogs in the Suburban side and she replied that "these rooms aren't in our system as Suburban so they get to have the pets" I asked for one of those rooms, only to be told they were sold out.
Housekeeping is DEPLORABLE!! They don't start until after 10AM and over the 3 weeks I stayed there, I received service a total of 8 days without begging for it. I had to call almost everyday and ask if I was going to get service and most of those days I didn't get it and had to chase down my own towels and linens. None of the housekeepers speak English and that makes it hard for them to understand you when you ask them for something.
The room we stayed in had tears in the couch fabric, holes in the floor and the comforter had burns holes in it. The wi-fi disconnects every 3 hours or so. On a positive note, the rooms are spacious, having a LR separate from the bedroom which is nice if you have children. The mattresses are way to soft which is not good when you have back problems.
Whoever bought this hotel in December should be ashamed of themselves for letting the place slip the way it did. Quality hotel that is now anything BUT. Don't waste your money here!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fyrchck302
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 31, 2013

There was a time not that many years ago when this was a very nice place. But the surrounding neighborhood has gone downhill and the motel hasn't been kept up. Much of the infrastructure's still there - the large, well-designed layout and still impressive landscaping with lots of palm trees. Our room had a living room in the front with a sink and TV and a separate bedroom behind it. But the sofa had nasty stains and much of the place was in need of repairs. We didn't feel especially safe here either. There was the gate that was supposed to work with your room key, but the lock didn't work at all. We wondered aloud if our vehicle would be OK. We didn't have any problems, although there were some seedy-looking folks about. The location was handy enough, just a few miles south of Old Town Scottsdale, where we ate dinner. Ironically, we stayed in a Quality Inn in Winslow the night before we stayed here. That was a pretty average hotel, but at least it included breakfast. At this site, we were handed flyers saying breakfast was $5 each and when we went by the breakfast room the next morning, there were signs saying it was closed. We've definitely stayed in worse, but we wouldn't be interested in staying here again unless it underwent some major repairs and updates and seemed a bit more secure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dmarkwind
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Despite some of the other reviews, we found our suite to be extremely clean, and the staff was very helpful. They easily accommodated our 2 hour early arrival, and pointed us to nearby restaurants. The price was extremely cheap, and the location is very close to the downtown Tempe area, which has something to offer everyone. The room was also very large, including a full living room with kitchenette and separate bedroom. Overall, this place was great place to use as you're passing through, especially for the cost.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caitlin M
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was on my business trip, and wanted to stay near to my meeting place. The front desk was very friendly and answered all my questions and made me feekl at home. I would recommend to all my friends. Keep it up!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are roomy.