“pleasantly suprised”

Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Chantilly
“pleasantly suprised”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the night out before flight and was overall pleased. The outside looks dated and the rooms are a bit on the older side but lobby is very nice, staff were pleasant, and shuttle to the airport was prompt.

Had room service and it was good too.

Convenient to ASU also so will stay at this hotel again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Let me start off this whole review by saying that THE thing that saves this place is the restaurant and the STAFF.
The staff is always wonderful!!!!

I have written about this for a while now. I understand that this hotel is being upgraded. And I have been told, back as late as March of this past year, even promised, that the next time I came, I would be much happier.
One of the managers even had me booked in the club level for my next stay because of my unhappiness with the quality in the past going further and further downhill.

So, I get here to check in, and the club level is STILL under construction. I looked straight at the guy checking me in and said "Look the last time I stayed it was terribly noisy. Please put me where it is not AS noisy."
And he still put me in a room that was awful.
Kids running up and down till 11:30PM.

I want to like this place like I did when i first started coming here.
I have stayed here over and over for business and its not getting better.
I have talked to managers there (who have come and gone).
I have talked to the staff.
I have written reviews on the Sheraton site.
Nothing changes.

I just don't know what to say to the longer

Room Tip: Try to get a quiet room in the middle of the hotel...AWAY from the pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MBBMimi
Poipu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm really not a complainer, but... This is the worst Sheraton I've ever experienced. First, the positives. The staff were friendly and efficient and the restaurant pretty good. The problem is the condition of the facility. This place needs a complete overhaul. The outside grounds are shoddy. The halls are beyond worn. The room had seriously stained and threadbare carpet, ripped and dirty bed linen, and an air conditioner that was prehistoric (loud, rattling and ineffective). In sum, the place was downright depressing. Next time I'll stay at the nearby Hilton.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davarua
Skyler M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate the time you took to provide us this information. It is unfortunate to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I would like to note that we are currently undergoing a $3.5 million renovation to our guest rooms and floors. We would like to invite you back this fall or winter to experience our new rooms and we will ensure that you receive a proper Sheraton experience. If you have any questions or would like to speak further, please feel free to contact us!
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was a bit worried about staying here after reading the reviews on here....... but I was pleasantly surprised!! I stayed here for 2 nights with my family (14 yr & 8 yr) and it was a great stay!!! Check in was easy and quick and the lady who helped me was very nice and helpful! The room was clean, the beds are GREAT!! We went swimming both days at 6:30am and the pool was wonderful! Most balconies are a good size, unfortunately I was in a corner room so ours was a little small!
We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tony R
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews here & on other sites, I was concerned that our stay would be less than comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The staff we encountered were all very nice & helpful; from the front desk to the dining room.
I was traveling for business with some family along for fun also.
The room was clean yet a bit dated (they are working on a complete upgrade) Beds were comfortable & clean with comfy pillows. Room was a bit small for 2 adults with 2 kids.
The sliding door that lead onto the balcony was hard to move & the balcony was a bit "creepy" - in need of paint & upgrade to outdoor furniture, but in the Phoenix heat no-one really wanted to sit out there in the evening anyway.
The pool was more shallow than I expected & it was warm & cloudy but the kids enjoyed it - so that's all that mattered.
The outside area was quiet & I was expecting a good nights sleep, yet our neighbors were extremely noisy after midnight - suppose I should have called the desk to complain.
All in all, it was a very nice stay

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice with no noise above us.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cynthia t
Highland, California
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a recent stay there with my son and felt compelled to mention how pleasant it was. The rooms were very clean, food was very good and staff was very friendly. I was especially impressed with a young lady there ( I believe her name was spelled Tiece) that went far and beyond regular expectations. She was extremely helpful with my special needs, which made my stay more comfortable. I believe she deserves special recognition for her pleasant demeanor and willingness to go the extra mile.

Elayne Caldwell-Johnson

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Skyler M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate our guests providing insight to their stays so we can recognize opportunities and bright spots. We are pleased to hear that you received such superb service from our staff! We have certainly recognized the aforementioned staff member and we appreciate that she left such an impressionable, warm feeling with you! We are currently undergoing a $3.5 million guest room renovation and we would like to invite you back this winter to experience our new product!
St. John
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stay at the Sheraton at least 6 times a year for business and travel to and from Phoenix. Although the property is about average the staff is fantastic and always take good care of me or us if I'm traveling with my wife. Polly in the restaurant always provides attentive service.

Room Tip: Best to stay away from the pool and on the upper floors
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business