WINNER WONDERLAND

“Pleasant one night stop - good restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Tempe
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Pleasant one night stop - good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed one night after evening arrival from UK. Hotel shuttle pick up was prompt. Note there is no direct phone link to the hotel from the courtesy phones in the baggage claim area at PHX.
The lobby area and the adjoining Fire & Spice restaurant were very nice. Check in person was not particularly engaging or welcoming, not a good first impression.
We had a king room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. The room and corridors were showing signs of wear and tear but the room was very clean. There was a small balcony with two chairs and a small table.
The pool area was not very large but was very nice. We had a meal at the restaurant which was fine and the waiter was very attentive.
We had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed, there was no noise from either the planes or the traffic on the nearby freeway.
The breakfast selection was good and the breakfast area was comfortable. WiFi connection was good.
I would stay here again if I needed a hotel near PHX.

Room Tip: Called hotel prior to stay and upgrade to 2nd floor room with balcony overlooking pool for $10
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gerardty
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Gerardty,

Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel. I apologize that your first impression was not what we as a Sheraton team strive for, but I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the front office team and we will use this to improve our training. I'm happy to share that we are currently undergoing a highly anticipated $3.5 Million renovation on all of our guestrooms and hallways that will be completed in the fall, so I do hope that you come back to the area to see everything that we have done. We look forward to you returning to the Sheraton Phoenix Airport!

480.293.9079

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed there for 1 night. 10-min ride from the airport by shuttle. Shuttles run every half-hour.

Clean but dated rooms. Really loud A/C, otherwise quiet. Comfortable beds. Towels were clean, but had old makeup stains on them and a strong chlorine smell, need to be updated.

We had a decent burger and a generous portion of very good fish tacos in their restaurant downstairs.

Layout of the floor can be a bit weird. If you have mobility issues, ask for a room close to elevator (otherwise it can be a long walk).

Overall a convenient, simple stay near airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear vg2555,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we absolutely value all responses from our guests that we can use to better the hotel and help us deliver excellent service. We are excited for our $3.5 Million dollar renovation that will be completed this fall which we are all very excited about and look forward to showing them off to our guests at that time. I have taken all of your comments to the proper department heads and we have taken action. We hope to see you return soon and definitely again after our renovation is complete!

480.967.6600
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was off of a main road but so worth it. The front desk staff very attentive and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and sparkling. It was a great hotel to unwind after 1100 miles of driving. The food and room service were good but need to have a few more non southwest offerings. The club staff was great took care of any needs I had great stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Todd D,

Thank you for your review! Our front desk, along with all of our Sheraton Phoenix Airport staff, really strive to do their best with each guest that walks through the doors, so it is great to hear that you felt welcomed and that our housekeeping and Club Room staff did a great job as well. I have passed on your comments regarding the "more non-southwest offerings" at the restaurant, Fire + Spice. Thank you again for your comments, it helps us improve and also spotlight and reward certain departments.

Tolleson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Motel is in need of some updating. Older and showing its age. Room had a musty smell. Lobby and pool area are very nice and made the stay worthwhile. Not what you would expect from a Sheraton brand hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deeann611
Dear Deeann611,

Thank you for your feedback and I have passed this on to the department heads and team members. I'm very happy to share that we are currently undergoing a much-needed and highly anticipated $3.5 Million renovation on our guestrooms and hallways. This renovation will be completed this Fall and then we will focus on the public areas next summer, 2015. I would like to invite you back in the fall so we can show you everything that has been updated. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the lobby and pool area and next time you stay with us, we do hope to exceed our expectations of the Sheraton brand.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I have high expectations of Starwood properties and was disappointed with this one. Its obvious the hotel is an older property which is fine but some of the furniture shows it. I absolutely do expect a clean room and bathroom. NOT. The bathroom had plenty of hair in the tub/shower area and floor. GROSS. Some of the fixtures showed plenty of wear and tear so again not what I expect from Starwood. Staff is up to par, thank you. Sheraton near the convention center in Phoenix is MUCH better.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Aaron H
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for your feedback and I have made sure that your concerns were passed on to the proper department heads. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on all of our guestrooms and are very excited for the future of the hotel which should be completed by Fall, 2014. Although this renovation does not excuse the Housekeeping issues you experienced, I wanted you to know that we have taken feedback about the condition of our rooms very seriously and are doing something about it. We would love the opportunity to earn back your business. Please feel free to contact me directly.

katie.provot@sheratontempe.com

Travelers are raving about these Tempe hotels

Kreskin2207
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special but everything you expect with a chain hotel. The check-in was quick and easy. I thought our room was a little small and awkward but it was clean and the AC worked well. There was free wireless which was nice but no free breakfast or even coffee in the lobby. We asked the front desk when leaving and they pointed us to some paid coffee at the bar. Oh well, I booked on a discount site and got a good rate so I can't complain.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kreskin2207,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your overall experience while staying at our hotel did not exceed expectations, but we are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways that will be completed in the Fall. We hope to see you return!

Katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I usually find TripAdvisor reviews to pretty accurately reflect somewhere I eventually go on (or don't go on to!) visit. Reading the reviews for the Sheraton, I was pretty nervous about what I might arrive to. However, as the title of my review states, I only have good things to say about the hotel.

The hotel has a really welcoming interior. Just past the corridor which leads to guests' rooms, there is a large space with PCs for internet access and the restaurant / bar area. Visiting in March, this area had people in it but never felt too crowded. One can sit and have a drink and not feel pressured to move on.

Staff were all friendly and went that extra mile where they could - my bags were stored past check-out time so that I could attend a function without having to carry them with me.

Don't let the mixed reviews sway you if you're considering a stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Indigo91
Dear Indigo91,

Thank you so much for the positive review and I have passed your comments on to our staff and General Manager. It means so much to our staff to hear this positive feedback and that you had an enjoyable stay, so I do appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I do hope you return again this fall so you can see our newly renovated guestrooms! Thank you again.

Katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Graduate Tempe
#10 of 49 in Tempe
South Mountain
GreenTree Inn & Suites
GreenTree Inn & Suites
#35 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe? Share your experiences!