“Convenient to PHX and Tempe”

Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night for a business trip. The hotel was within a few miles of both the SkyHarbor and my client's offices. I liked that this hotel was located in Tempe which other than Scottsdale, is probably the best place to find evening dining and other activities.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The property itself has a nice pool which unfortunately I didn't use. My room was okay. I don't know what it was but the bed felt a bit hard for my taste.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor and facing the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We take pride in our staff and want to thank you so much for recognizing their hard work! We definitely couldn't do it without them! We are excited that the location of our hotel can be so convenient for you. We feel our unique location provides our guests with several dining and shopping options as well as still being convenient to local businesses and the airport. We can't wait to see you again soon so that you can try out the new beds that we will be getting this summer!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This property is older but in a good location. The staff does a great job making guest fell comfortable. The rooms are clean and adequately appointed. Would stay here for a short visit again. Main gripes are very poor internet connectivity and the bar is a bit pricey with no happy hour to speak of

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a number of times. Once for my daughter's diving meet at ASU and one for a conference. The hotel staff are exceptional. They went out of their way to help us feel comfortalbe. The rooms are clean with wonderful amenities.
The pool atmosphere is calm with a fireplace at night and nice seating in the daytime.
Anytime I go to ASU this is where I plan to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've been coming her for several years for Spring training. We are Starwood members and used points to get a room on the club level. This gives us the benefit of accessing the club lounge. The lounge offers free breakfast, limited snacks and drinks throughout the day, and free appetizers. Compared to other Sheraton this club lounge was jut average. I think they could do better, especially the food offerings for appetizer hour.
The rooms were clean, and up to standard.
The pool was okay. They need to go through and clean up more often. On one visit, they had no towels available.
There is no poolside bar service. However the bar/restaurant is fairly close to the pool. The food menu was limited. I couldn't just get fries for my little girl, I had to get a whole meal and they were mostly spicy offerings. There are so many kids why not offer a kid friendly menu?
Parking is easy.
The location is close to several ballparks. Great vacation!

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our third stay here and it is not what it used to be. The facility needs updating, if you have a room overlooking the pool (half the rooms do), the noise level is horrendous. The staff seems unable to control the noise level of guests throughout the evening. The restaurant used to be a quality meal, but not so much any more. We'll be finding another airport hotel next year. Starwood needs to fix this!

Room Tip: You have two choices, pool noise of parking lot view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cobra2152
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an older property, decent location that is convenient to the freeway system. The staff is OK, nothing special to comment on, good or bad. Attitude seems to be to do just enough to meet minimum expectations.
Internet is very slow and often down completely, at check-in, a prominent sign states limited bandwidth, only one device per room. I find this antiquated in a business hotel.
Food offerings limited, but everything is possible in a 5-10 minute drive if one has a car. Also free parking and several entrances makes it possible to park close to room.
There is airport and traffic noise at this hotel, the courtyard rooms are quieter at night, but pool noise and kids all day.
Rooms do have refrigerators and microwaves, a big plus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night on our spring break road trip. We used the points awarded to us for a free night here based on our poor experience with the Sheraton in Boston (see August 2012 review). This experience was no better, and probably worse.

Pros:
1. Nice lobby
2. Clean

Cons:
1. Some people kept yelling down the hallway and running down the hallway at 10:00 PM. I tried calling guest services and hung up after about a minute of ringing. I called again and was told that they already said something to the people, they were quiet when they went up there, and they were leaving at 10:30 PM.
2. We had a room next to the ice maker and you could hear the ice dispensing everytime someone got ice.
3. You could hear every singe plane take off.
4. You could hear everyone at the pool.
5. The air conditioner was very loud.
6. You had to turn the TV on and off several times before it would work properly.
7. The metal casing around the shower knob was so loose that it slid right off.
8. Unless you want to be near ASU or the Chandler Chino Bandido location, there are many other hotels that are much closer to Phoenix/Glendale attractions.

I only stay at the Sheraton when I have free nights or if it is a conference hotel I am staying at and my employer pays for the room. I have no idea why someone would want to pay $180 or so for a room with paper-thin walls, no breakfast, and no free Wifi. There are many other hotels in this category (e.g., Wyndham) or in lower categories (e.g., Holiday Inn Express) that are much nicer and give you great value for your money (e.g., see March 2012 review of Holiday Inn in north Phoenix). Simply put, the Sheraton brand continues to be a disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2013