“Great Weekend Stay in the Valley of the Sun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe

Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Weekend Stay in the Valley of the Sun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice plush get away, without breaking the bank. Family friendly poolside time. Close to freeways and other things to do. And that comfy Sheraton bed. Friendly non obstrusive staff. Tolerant of mildly boisterious kids. No glares or stares, which was great. Perfect for a weekend of shopping, golf or relaxing, with a little 'r'.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've stayed here many times, coming and going on a trip through PHX Airport. Today, we got picked up by a shuttle , however Sheraton forgot to tell us that it would be a HILTON shuttle. So, bit of a confusion at the airport , not fun when one has been traveling all day,
Very nice pleasant check-in by Jade, she upgraded us to executive floor, since we have been here before. Had an excellent drink and dinner at the Fire & Spice restaurant/bar.
Having traveled a great deal , the only disturbing part of our stay is this : meal trays left in the hallway. Not the first time either. Please, manager...send someone out to get these food laden trays. Very off-putting for a number of reasons.

Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here before 3 years ago, and unfortunately, the hotel rooms need renovating now. It was superb then, but just acceptable now. The rooms are noisy if there are people in the halls talking. Fortunately, there is no airplane noise. The meeting rooms continue to be the best I have experienced. I love walking out of a meeting and soaking up sunshine with the close proximity of the pool. This hotel has a great pool area. The catering continues to be above par for hotel food. The breakfast buffet in the Prickly Pear restaurant is disappointing though. Most Hampton Inn's or Holiday Inns have a nicer breakfast buffet. At least the Sheraton lets you order off of a menu. The last time I was here the staff was exceptionally friendly. On this visit I found the staff to be "just there for a job". None of the exceptional friendliness and hospitality I experienced before.

In closing, this is still a good choice for a hotel near the airport. At least the rooms are clean. If I had a choice I'd look for a Hilton Garden Inn or something similar as this hotel is no longer a standout.

Room Tip: The biggest problem I've had with noise here is people talking in the hallway. You can hear con...
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for business travel. The staff and service are great. The rooms are clean and fairly updated. Nice pool / patio area with outdoor fireplace. They have a restaurant which has a nice breakfast buffet, and the bar is comfortable with multiple TVs. Nice gym, and well stocked club floor. The rooms are exactly the same on the club floor, but the club lounge has an open bar, generous food and beverage. Free parking, free airport shuttle, and air conditioned rooms. Free wi-fi and work stations in the lobby with printers and extra power. I return every couple of weeks and can't complain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool courtyard. Otherwise, your room may face the parking lot. My first st...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We loved this hotel. The space was beautiful and the staff incredibly friendly. Do try the restaurant, we had lunch there, and it was delicious. We got a great deal through expedia and recommend this hotel if you're looking through the bargain section of hotel booking sites. It was definitely worth it. Oh and the pool is awesome.

• Stayed February 2013
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

To begin with, it is confusing and took quite a while to get the shuttle from the airport, but the shuttle driver was the nicest gentleman and nicest shuttle bus driver I have ever encountered, and I travel a lot !! The shuttle also offers complimentary service to few mile radius of the hotel, which is very nice. Great location close to the airport.Everyone working at Sheraton was extremely nice and helpful, although I was not suppose to be charged for my room, my company was, and I was billed, so double check your bill when you depart.
I agree with most of the other reviewers this hotel could be cleaner and updated more. The hall carpeting is pretty pathetic. The rooms are nice, great sheets and mattresses, Starbucks coffee and machine in the room and free wifi !! Great water pressure and water temperature in the room showers. They did have a pool, believe it or not when I was here, it rained for those two days so I was not able to use the pool, also they had an extremely cute outdoor fireplace, but we never got to sit out there. I will end this review on an area that Sheraton continues to blow the completion away -- the workout rom !! Another amazing workout facility !! Amazingly clean and updated machines, with tv, music, weight machines, free weights, great size, complimentary water bottles, headphones, towels, a worked out everyday for two hours because I loved the facility !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had read the previous reviews and reserved a room here with my eyes wide open. I found an INCREDIBLE rate on the Starwood website and decided it was worth staying here at the risk the place was just too unacceptable to tolerate. One incredibly great nice thing about this hotel is even though this property is considered an airport hotel, it has a FREE and hassle free parking policy. No gate, No pass, No voucher to be maintained with your car. The entry and lobby of the hotel seem updated and appropriate, I felt encouraged. Check in was a breeze and I headed to my room. I was surprised there was a club level at this quality of Sheraton and an option to upgrade for $20 was extended. I didn't accept the offer. Once you walk down the hotel corridors, you realize the generally poor shape of the hotel: glasses and food service trays in the hall, old and well worn passage ways and when you get to the guest room, a door that stuck when opening and closing. It is clear the room had not been renovated for 10 + years. Tolerable yes, but to Sheraton standards, barely if at all. I went to the hotel gym for a workout and upon return to the room for a shower, found the hot water not so hot. I took my warm shower, but when you can put your hand under the hottest running water and it didn't hurt, that's not hot enough! As an elite Starwood traveler, I felt the room was beyond ordinary. The hotel wasn't full (based upon a parking lot 1/3 full), I don't know why I would be put in an outside facing room onto the busy street (vs. an inside courtyard facing room), placed next to occupied rooms on both sides and I saw now reference to an SPG designated floor. I'm sure something will happen to this hotel in the next year, either serious renovation funds will be spent or it will be spun off to a lower grade hotel brand. My recommendation would be if you get a "killer" rate when factoring parking charges, consider staying here.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be if you get a "killer" rate when factoring parking charges, cons...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Viking94708
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
Red Roof Inn Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe? Share your experiences!