“Oldie but Goodie!”

Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe
Ranked #38 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed overnight for a business trip. The rooms were clean, the bedding and pillows comfortable (didn't really need to bring my own pillow which means a lot to me), and the staff friendly and accommodating. The meeting rooms were set up well and when dinner was late in setting up (actually, they thought dinner was at 6 vs 6:15), they took care of it as quickly as possible (they had taken the food back to the kitchen to ensure it stayed warm).

If you can get in the club level, I would recommend it. The breakfast was great and the evening happy hour hors d'oeurvres were delightful. The club room was a nice place to "escape" to between meetings.

Although it's a slightly older property (you can tell by the tub/shower enclosure), it's been renovated quite nicely.

You'll be glad you scheduled your business (or vacation) at this location. It certainly lives up to the Sheraton reputation.

• Stayed: July 2012
Dustin P, Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your thorough and concise account of your recent experience here at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel in Tempe. I am glad that we were able to get your banquet food to you and your group in a timely fashion and kept it warm, despite the confusion. The hotel will be getting another renovation in the future, so I hope you will come back and join us before and after to give us your feedback. Our goal is to make you feel like part of our family, so please come back and continue to make connections with our staff. We appreciate your loyalty and your business.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous. Both Darlene and Michael demonstrated outstanding customer service where that trait is rarely found among chains that I routinely support. Sheraton - you have a wonderful staff and should be proud of how they represent your brand.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Dustin P, Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

On behalf of Darlene and Michael, and all the staff here at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel in Tempe, we appreciate your kind comments and praise. Darlene and Michael are fantastic ambassadors for Sage and for the Starwood brand. The best part is that it is natural for them because they love what they do, and love going the extra mile for our guests. We hope to see you back here with our family soon, and thanks again for taking the time to recognize these extraordinary employees.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Checked in and went to my room only to find out it was a balmy 78 degrees and the A/C was not working properly. I was reassigned to another room immediately with no hassles.

My rate included a continental breakfast which was I was told to get in the executive lounge. When I got to the lounge there were 4 tables that had not been cleaned, on person was eating eggs on the couch, and the food area was smaller than my dog's house. Myself and the 2 other folks who were trying to get food kept bumping into each other. The large slices of bread did no fit into the toaster. Some of the plate had pieces of food stuck to them.

The breakfast thing was a disaster so I left. The one attendant that was there was useless and I think the most insulting part was a tip jar that was next to the bread basket.

I was not going to complain, but the front desk asked how everything was so I laid it all out.

Other than that horrible morning experience, the hotel itself is an old, but the staff was great. overall I would think twice about returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback regarding your experience with the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel in Tempe. I am very sorry that your stay with us was not perfect. To have your A/C in your room not working is a horrible way to start things off. Our engineering and housekeeping staff's top priority during the summer is to identify any A/C machines that need work so we can correct any issues right away. I apologize for the error of not properly checking the A/C in the room we appointed you. The club lounge is small, but we usually do a fantastic job with service and food quality. The hotel has plans to move the club lounge to a bigger and better location soon, so I certainly hope you will come and join us in the future when this project is complete. I have already addressed all the issues that you mentioned in the lounge, so hopefully these hardships will never exist in the future. Thank you for the comments about some of our other staff, as we truly pride ourselves on our sincerity and genuineness. I hope to see you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight back home from Phoenix International Airport. It's a few minute drive from the airport to the hotel. The hotel has a free shuttle service which you can use all the time, so when you don't have a rental car, it's ideal to use this shuttle service. The room was large enough, had a nice bed, but was a bit hot because the airco makes a lot of noise. During the night, we heared some noise from the hallway, because the doors are not that thick. The pool looked nice, but we didn't make use of it. I'd reccomend this place when you'd like a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom L
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Tom L,

Thank you so much for giving us an overview of your stay! We truly enjoy hearing about our guest’s experiences. We are glad that our hotel shuttle was able to make your stay a little more convenient. I have also forwarded your comments about the air-conditioning and the room door to our chief engineer for him to look into. We would love to have you back and ask that you reach out to us before your next stay!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed a week here for our sons baseball tournament and the place was very nice, clean and people were friendly. Housekeeping would always come back and clean later if we were not ready yet. Room service was good. The restaurant is awesome!! You might as well eat there instead of going out. Pool area nice and clean. Staff very friendly. Would definately stay here again. The only thing I would say is to go to queen beds instead of doubles and a fridge and microwave should be included in every room and just included in the price instead of having to upgrade to get it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

jttravelerTexas,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We truly love to hear when have given a guest the stay they deserve! We hope that you come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This ticked all the boxes for our first night after a long flight... Couldn't fault the staff and their hotel...Git a great deal via Hotwire so just great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

UKUK-Traveller,

It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, along with getting a great deal! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the states!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Ariport Hotel in Phoenix on 05/25/2012. It was really a wonderful time. The room was amazing, and overlooked the pool. It was upgarded and beautiful. They could not have been more helpful at the front desk. The pool was great, as was the weight room. Everything was clean and neat. The restaurant food was also terrific, although I wish the portions were a bit larger. The tortilla soup was especially great. It is clear to see that the hotel is extremely well run. We will dfinitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the $10 upgrade, which gives you a pool view room with a fridge and microwave.