“Great Stay and Very Accommodating Staff”

Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My stay here was excellent. Staff was extremely efficient. Pick up at the airport quick and convenient. The shuttle driver was friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel even had the shuttle drop me off at a nearby concert hall so I could attend an event. Quiet rooms and very clean. I'd stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Julia H,

Your kind words make us even more proud of our awesome team. Roger was your driver to the concert hall, and he is very pleased to hear that you remembered him! Once again thank you for your words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

After our group had decided to reserve our party plans with the Sheraton again we were all very excited. The staff welcomed us and made our set up and arrangements very easy to establish. They went out of their way to make sure the banquet room was comfortable for our group's enjoyment. We needed extra tables in the banquet room for our extra door prizes and in an instant they appeared with staff helping us set them up quickly before everyone arrived. Some of us decided to stay the night and we were provided with a special rate for those in our group who decided not to drive home that night. The rooms were very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Lydia L,

We were just as excited to host your holiday event as well! We relish the opportunity to provide a fun but safe place for guests to celebrate. We enjoy being able to make the puzzle that is your plans come together. Thank you also to your group for being safe when choosing not to drive home after the party.

We look forward to hosting you this year!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This hotel would be better suited for a Four Points makeover - it simply is not a quality Sheraton property. However, it was fine for an early morning flight the next day.

Our first room we checked into had a strong chemical smell and numerous large stains in the carpet. The front desk was quick to move us into another room, and friendly abut making the accommodation (everyone at the front desk both days seemed professional and courteous). Second room was fine - a standard hotel room. I did notice that were few outlets for charging our numerous phones and computers, but we made do.

The gym is very small, with some broken equipment. I think it would have been worth seeking out a local gym, but time was short. There is a club lounge for SPG members, but they had no diet soda for me the two times I checked, and the attendant in the lounge seemed half asleep.

I'd stay here again if I needed to leave early or arrived late on a trip to Phoenix, and the rates were significantly under $100. Otherwise, there are much better properties close by to consider.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Kyle34

Thank you so much giving us such detailed feedback. I am so sorry that parts of your stay did not exceed your expectations or ours for that matter. We strive to provide the most comforting atmosphere for our guests, but at times need to be reminded that we have much to improve on. We are proud to say that we have already started down the road of rejuvenation with the scheduled completion of our new Sheraton Fitness Center powered by Core Performance set for February. We hope that in the future you allow us the opportunity to wow you with the genuine care our staff provides.

We hope to see you soon, and safe travels!!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Although we had to wait 35 minutes or so for the shuttle (just after midnight), this hotel was otherwise just perfect. Beautiful room, nice restaurant (pancakes were incredible) and good service all around. We got an amazing rate on Hotwire. Stayed two night when there for the Fiesta Bowl. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

cdstravels,

As members of the hospitality industry, we get excited to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for our guests. It truly was our pleasure to host your short journey to the Fiesta Bowl. Also all of us at the hotel agree that The Prickly Pear Sunrise Pear Cafe has amazing pancakes!

We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I would like to thank Jesse Hogan, A staff member at Sheraton, for his exceptional customer service. I had issues with the hotel placing a pending transaction on my visa debit card for our entire stay instead of just the incedentals. This resulted in the bank holding over $400 from my checking account. The hold should have been placed on my major credit card. When I brought the error to Jesse's attention he corrected the error in a very timely manner. He worked hard to make me "it right" and thus made me very happy. Thank you Jesse!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Tosha L

We are truly greatful that you took the time to write a review about one of our team members. It makes us happy to see that Jessie was able to remedy a tough situation. He is definitely a valuable member of the team!

We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This is a really nice place to stay. We were here for just one night with he family because we needed to catcha flight in the morning at Sky Harbor.

The rooms are modern and clean. Though the carpet in our room needed some spot cleaning.

The pool area is also really nice and we had a room that had a view to the pool so the kida can be at the pool and you can keep an eye on them. (We were in room 152)

I really did not like the fact that thwre was no frew wifi in he rooms. Though they did have it in the lobby for free.

Overall i woukd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Frequent_Traveler111

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are proud of the unique experience our pool provides for all of our travelers! While out at the pool did you get a chance to order from our tasty menu in FIre+Spice?

We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Just want to say thank you to the staff at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe. Love the central location (close to to downtown Phoenix). Took my son to see the Suns vs Sixers and Jesse H. who was at the desk at the time showed me how to get into downtown Phoenix by using the lightrail system and it did'nt cost me a thing because if you have tickets to sporting events downtown, the lightrail system is free (just present your tickets when boarding the lightrail) Jesse saved me about $60 in cab fair cost to get downtown and i just want to say thanks to Jesse as well as the other staff who helped make my stay more pleasent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2012

Nakmal,

Thank you so much for your gracious feedback! We certainly feel lucky to have such a central location close to freeways and the lightrail. I am glad you were able to connect with Jessie during your journey here in Tempe! As I am sure you could tell, we feel privileged to have such a sincere and helpful team member!

We hope to see you again soon!