“You Get What You Pay For”

Motel 6 Phoenix Tempe - Priest Dr - Asu
Ranked #43 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The rooms are very inexpensive and show it. Small rooms with very basic features. Got this room for a friend that felt it was worthwhile, but from what I could see, you can't get more basic than this. Place was clean. Sheets and towels were very thin. Room was stark and seemed to attract a very low income crowd.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Phoenix Tempe - Priest Dr - Asu

Reviewed September 26, 2013

First off I stay at Motel 6 as the rooms are clean and pet friendly. I asked the MOD ( Manager on Duty) if they had the "New" Phoenix room's and she had no clue as to what I was talking about! Also this is a National Property Management System at least regional as I have stayed at Motel 6 in the area and she could not find my profile. I always get a AARP rate but lost my card but it's in my profile so NO GO! on this. the outside was dirty and she had to walk me to the room as I wanted to see it first and I never do that with Motel 6 but by the looks of it I did. It was late and I took the room. The room it self was ok clean but the outside was real bad and the phone did not work as well and I asked for a room close to the ground floor or close to the parking lot as I have my family and with kids, dog and my stuff we need close as possible. So, third floor as far away from the elevator. I was not happy with this property!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. The room was clean, a little small but adequate. Nice updated furnishings. Everything worked. Staff was helpful even in guiding us to the closest and easiest hotel location for us to get to our next destination. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Towels were rough and thin, but shower was strong and hot. It was hot in Phoenix and the pool was open. A/C was good and not too noisy. Easy access to the highway and the airport. Even some food/shopping within walking/short distance.

It is annoying to have to pay extra for a second person at Motel 6 and for Wifi, but good to know Wifi is available. We went to the McDonald's across the street for free Wifi.

Would have rated it much higher if not for the sleep disturbance. Major problem for us was that there was no "Do not disturb" sign for the outside doorknob and housekeeping literally pounded on the door (like a police raid) in the morning and afternoon, waking us in a startle and scaring the crap out of us both times. We had gotten in very late from a late flight and were staying for 2 nights so there was no reason to be so aggressive. Hope management reads these reviews and opts to purchase some cheapo signs for the doors!

Room Tip: I would suspect rooms on the first floor to be noisier. We were on 2nd floor above the pool and did...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank skiparoundtheblock
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ive been here a little while while in between apartments.
The staff is all really nice, the value is great, its clean.
HOWEVER
Everything I own got stolen out of the laundry machine.
I always stay with my laundry, but I really had to use the restroom. My laundry was nearly dry but I couldnt wait.
I went to my room for 5 minutes, came
back down and it was ALL gone.
I told the manager, and she said I could file a police report, but Im not allowed to offer a reward or any other way of finding my things.
It just felt like she didnt want other guests to be off-put by evidence of a theft on the property, reflecting poorly on the motel.

Im guess Im just disappointed that that was a bigger priority.

Other than the theft its ok. LOL.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank xxnamelessfacelessxx
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This has been a terrible stay from the start. I get to this location and am told to hold a while to check in for a room. Once this is done I am given a room at the back of the Motel. After getting into my room my wife is stopped and is asked if she has a metal spoon to spare to her? After my wife says no the lady asks her if she can go get one for her... My wife offers a plastic one and she says no and goes her way back to the room. Later that evening their is cops at her location seems like they raided it, we go off to bed only for a short time later my wife wakes up and says she saw something crawling on her bed.... after her throwing the cover blanket from the bed and scratching her scalp we find out their are bed bugs litterally some stuck on her bed and others crawling underneath her pillow and blanket. We are both disgusted and are packing everything up to go elsewhere!!! This place is sick, the room looks ok once you gain access but their is so much hidden in the rooms that you will not find out till later that evening in night once going to bed. DO NOT BOOK in at this Motel. Terrible Experience. I could not get a refund back since it was passed 12am already by just a few minutes.

Room Tip: No good rooms. Go Elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The good: Our room was clean, the shower worked will.
The not so good:Tiny room, tiny tv, thread bare rug, lots of tenents lived full time and were a little sketchey, had to go to the office to get towels etc, wifi cost 3 bucks a night and sucks.
Okay so what do you expect, it is a cheap hotel room. My advice pay the extra 10 bucks somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sothereyouare
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My room had poop on the walls, druggies shooting up in the parking lot and no closet inside a dorm-sized room. It also had a fire safety issue with the heater and a filthy mattress. My bed barely fit in the room, and the bathroom door banged against the bed each time the door opened. The pillows were so worn out it was difficult to even tell the bed had pillows. The curtains were missing hooks and the window screen had been ripped. I have stayed in lots of Motel 6's, and most were no frills but ok. However, I will not return to this dive.

Room Tip: Lots of other places nearby. Talked to locals who told me there was another motel 6 nearby that is m...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business